Comments

• ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2019
    missed opportunity:
    call one of his powers "America's ...tinykitty" 
  • 0_Fahrenheit
    0_Fahrenheit Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    One of the few times I like dupes and not costume. Really like the artwork too!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first thought when I saw all those 4 1-turn CDs is teaming up with C4rol, Drax, Coulson, Hawkeye. C4rol is going to pump up those strikes.

Against hard hitters, I think C4rol, Valkyrie and Worthy Cap would be cool to work with.

How do you define a single hit? Is cascade considered a single hit? 
    I'm not sure him and valkyrie will play well together. They would fight over yellow. Cap is going to quickly turn all yellow tiles to blue or red vs teams that hit hard enough.

Every single match is a separate attack. So each match in a cascade will register as a single hit. So for 5* players facing worthy cap if they get a cascade on turn 1 he will have at least 8 countdowns out. He will be a great at denying yellow to enemies.
  • peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Deadpool, Bishop, Capt. Worthy.... team trampoline
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    "I can do this all day" would be a great name for his PVP, but might not fit in the space you have.

He looks very good.  Lots of synergy opportunities.

I am a bit curious about yellow - what color are the CDs it places?  Random or always yellow?  Either way, converting yellows to red/blue could match away your red CD sometimes before you get the damage.  We'll have to see how that works.

Random charged - OK, but picking a color would be nicer. It could capture the surprise attack/moment in the film if you could set up the AI for damage on a color you know they'll chase.  And everyone wants to hit Thanos with a hammer.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking of using them defensively against hard hitters. That's a potential 4/8/12... CDs for C4rol to buff the strike tiles. But, it depends on where the CDs are being placed. If it's yellow, then I will switch Valkyrie for someone else. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    GoBucsGo said:
    If both Cap and Bishop are on the same team who jumps in front of the damage first?
    pre-bishop, the Jump-in-front priority I believe would go to whichever character had the most health at the time. Since Bishop was released, at least when it involves Bishop, nobody jumps in front. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    MrEd95 said:
    Looks freakin’ awesome!

You do however have to choose between boosting his damage per hit with Okoye/strikes, or providing charged tile support to get the full 7 hits in the first place
    There are loads of other charge-tile spammers across the 4 and 5* tiers though. Any of the 5*s currently in latest would be interesting to play down with WCap. As a 4* Player I'd probably have been trying to make Lockjaw or Jubilee happen with him lol
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I am thinking about Bishop's OVERCLOCKED with Cap's Heavy Hitter. It will be a stun lock brigade.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I look forward to using this character to recreate all my favorite Captain America/Lockjaw teamups.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    cap, roc4et and c4rol?
    reminds me of dak3n, lo3i and c4rol with different mechanics - easier to just tank than setup match-4s... and way more reliable. 

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I think this Cap will play up particularly well with 5* Bobby and/or 5torm
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Can't wait to team Worthy up with Peggy and Sam  --  just for tinykitty and giggles :smiley:   

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    MrEd95 said:
    Looks freakin’ awesome!

You do however have to choose between boosting his damage per hit with Okoye/strikes, or providing charged tile support to get the full 7 hits in the first place
    There are loads of other charge-tile spammers across the 4 and 5* tiers though. Any of the 5*s currently in latest would be interesting to play down with WCap. As a 4* Player I'd probably have been trying to make Lockjaw or Jubilee happen with him lol
    The trouble is just deciding between that and boosting the damage of the individual hits. I can’t think of any characters that do both
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Wow.. another repeat character.. marvel must be running out of characters  :smirk: yes I’m that guy.. he may have a great powers but they could have been added to a character who isn’t in the game multiple times already *shrug*
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    I really think the yellow power ruins him.

Red and blue are a solid, if unspectacular, combo.

But yellow doesn't have enough damage mitigation and will always proc, so he will be soaking damage constantly.  And unlike bishop, the positive effects of his suicidal passive are not fast enough to justify the healthpack usage.

Also, poor choice to make him a 4*.  Cap + mjolnir was such a popular moment in [spoilers!]; truly a great example of fan service done well.  Having not one, but 2 different versions of Chris Evans' Cap (without a godly weapon) positioned above this variant in the meta is not going to go over well.

Edit: but I am forced to concede that he will be fun when played with HE/coullson.  And he can clearly proc okoye a whole lot, which will also make him fun to use.  I just don't think he will be much more than a fun novelty 4* for 5* players.  And there are already literally dozens of those .

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx said:
     Having not one, but 2 different versions of Chris Evans' Cap (without a godly weapon) positioned above this variant in the meta is not going to go over well.
    Including the 3* variant’s first avenger costume, this would be the 4th evans cap in game. Not that i mind at all, as i couldn’t wait to see if they would put worthy cap in game.

Hawkeye, Black Widow, Spidey, Iron Man, Star-Lord and Black Panther all have 2 mcu variants, while the likes of Thor, Fury and Hulk only have one, which is low considering the length of their time in the mcu. I guess 3/4 is enough, but i think it’s safe to say we probably wont be getting any more than that
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I could see him liking Mockingbird/Chavez too. With all that charge spam the enemy is surely going to have more than normal AP banked up