Huatli, the Sun's Heart - Alternate art card doesn't count towards Gideon B Master Deck[As Designed]

Options
Azerack
Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
Gideon Blackblade's "Master Deck" requires the Vanguard Rare, "Huatli, the Sun's Heart", but apparently is ONLY counting the original art card, not the alternate artwork version.

I have the latter, do not have the former.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have the same issue.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe that this is the intended behavior as full art variant cards are considered to be separate cards than their normal counterparts, but I will reach out to the team for confirmation on this. 
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Hi everyone, the team has confirmed that the normal and full art versions of the Vanguard Supports are considered separate cards and you would need the standard version for it to count toward deck completion. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Hi everyone, the team has confirmed that the normal and full art versions of the Vanguard Supports are considered separate cards and you would need the standard version for it to count toward deck completion. 
    Quick question then:  If they are considered separate cards, why can you not play the regular and full-art versions of a Vanguard in the same deck?  Not saying you should be able to, but it should be a consistent ruling.
  • Tombstone
    Options
    Based on my current information, this is because decks are unable to contain two cards with the exact same name.