Hi Everyone -

Just wanted to share a brief update that we moved to a new editor for our forums with the Rich Editor experience (previously WYSIWYG). We believe this will provide a better experience for all forum visitors in the long run. If you are interested in learning more about the new editor, please visit the URL below.

And please let us know if you find any bugs/issues with the new editor by emailing us at [email protected] and we will pass along this feedback to the team.

Thank you!

https://blog.vanillaforums.com/rich-editor-enhancing-your-forum-posting-experience

Chat Input Messed up On Steam Since Update [Investigating]

AlexRAlexR Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
The new update is great for loading time, but it messed the in-game chat up for me. When I write text into the input line, it will not scroll towards the right (following what I'm writing). Instead, it stays where it is and I can just not see what I'm writing past the initial line since whatever I'm writing now continues off-screen.
It posts fine, but not being able to see what I write is somewhat inconvenient.

Comments

• ursoproursopro Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    I can confirm this issue, it also randomly returns the last text you typed in the input box.
  • dgt73dgt73 Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Same here, also unable to go back thru existing text, either via mouse or keyboard, have to delete existing text to make alterations.
  • WarbringaWarbringa Posts: 1,118 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope this is fixed in next update as it is very annoying for someone that like to send alliance messages

Still no word on estimated fix for this? Is it just affecting Steam users?
  • TombstoneTombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey everyone. I don't have an update for this issue other than the team is aware of it. I'll go ahead and add it to the bug list. 
  • TombstoneTombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,169 Chairperson of the Boards
    @AlexR
    @dgt73
    @ursopro
    Hey everyone. Could you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue in the Steam Alliance chat?
  • ursoproursopro Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    yes, it hasn't been fixed
    Yes, it would appear the same issues still exist with the alliance chat.