3.5 Release Notes *Updated (7/8/19)

Options

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    @Brigby I am super confused about the change to Angrath's Ultimate ability.

It was confirmed that its current behavior is correct here:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71807/angraths-third-ability-and-tokens/p2

Why the sudden change (and massive nerf) now?
    @Brigby Thank you for all the answers and clarifications you've posted on stuff so far.  The proliferate explanation especially is very good to have.

I still haven't seen anything on this issue, though, despite numerous posts asking for a clarification.

Could you find out what the reason for the upcoming change to Angrath's ultimate ability is, since the team had previously confirmed that it was working as intended?
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    starfall said:
    Brigby said:

Amass creates X number of Zombie Army tokens with the ability to grow whenever another card with Amass is cast.
    What's the deal with Amass? I hope we're not getting another type of zombie token that doesn't stack with the 2/2 and 4/4 zombie tokens.
    Hopefully they have Zombie Leader.  Possibly they do not (since in paper it is a completely different kind of token)
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    starfall said:
    Brigby said:

Amass creates X number of Zombie Army tokens with the ability to grow whenever another card with Amass is cast.
    What's the deal with Amass? I hope we're not getting another type of zombie token that doesn't stack with the 2/2 and 4/4 zombie tokens.
    Hopefully they have Zombie Leader.  Possibly they do not (since in paper it is a completely different kind of token)
    It would be very very very nice if they would consolidate tokens either through leader or by changing the token type
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    • The Exclusive Referral Cards (Cowl Prowler, Ghirapur Orrery, and Wayward Giant) are no longer incorrectly included in Basic Booster (Legacy) and Rare Card (Legacy).
    Did they fix the referral packs at all yet?  It seems about time to put these in the general pool and put something newer in the referral pool...
    As of this moment, I'm unaware of any plans to rotate the referral cards out for different ones. If that changes though, I'll be sure to let players know of this change.
    Machine said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Dropspot said:
    Really dislike the return of weekday coalition events
    I really like the return of weekday coalition events.  To each their own I guess.

-snip-

Brigby: Can you confirm weekday coalition events are coming back permanently?

Apologies for the confusion. It would appear that Ravnica at War is a weekly PvP Coalition event, as opposed to a weekday one. I have corrected this in the post.
    Thanks Brigby! So happy with this!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Changed to final Release Notes. Added link to Vanguard Supports blog post
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What are the details on the Zombie Army tokens listed under the Amass keyword?
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby Can Vanguard Mythic packs contain duplicates?  300 pinks is a steep price to maybe get a few hundred orbs.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Klep said:
    Brigby Can Vanguard Mythic packs contain duplicates?  300 pinks is a steep price to maybe get a few hundred orbs.
    Yes. Vanguard Support Packs can contain duplicate cards.
  • Klep
    Klep Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I have been saving my pinks for months in anticipation of this set; I've saved up ~4,000.  In order to get all the Vanguards from the Vanguard packs if they were non-duplicate would cost 5,400 pinks assuming that we get Ugin mailed to us (as I type this it hasn't arrived).  With dupes in the packs it's going to take so many more than that, and those packs are the only way to get them.  You've already dramatically increased the pressure on our pinks by creating this separate set of cards that can only be acquired with them; making these packs contain duplicates is entirely unreasonable without dramatic increases in pink availability.  A time-limited ability to turn 300 gold into 75 pinks isn't going to cut it.
  • mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is garbage. The whole point of this new set is widespread use of planeswalkers, and you've locked them away behind a paywall after you just implemented a rather costly paywall.

Anticipate angry customers.
  • OmegaLolrus
    OmegaLolrus Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, the only reason I thought the 300 gems for a mythic was okay was because I thought it was non dupe. The cards are awesome, but they're not that good... I'm hard pressed to consider spending gems on that when I could work toward masterpieces.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I believe it is no coincidence that they introduced a (very expensive) VIP system right before this update. They got players to try out the VIP system to see what it was like, and it turned out to be very lucrative with the non-dupe packs. Then they release a new set where 60% of the mythics and 45% of the rares are locked behind the most valuable and hardest to acquire currency. I don't think a single person would have signed up for even a sample of VIP if we got this kind of a shaft at the same time as the VIP system dropped. Over 50% of the rares and mythics in a new set can't be opened in regular packs. Seriously this is just insane. Will these cards ever be available in the packs for their respective set? Will the ever become craftable? It's pretty disingenuous to add VIP and give out non-dupe packs of standard and then say "well, not all the cards will be available in those packs."
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Joy, rapture.. my first two Mythic purchases were the same Chandra vanguard support... That's really kinda lame...  :p
  • ayuready7
    ayuready7 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still no update on apple store.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'd just like to point out that his first ability is called "Shard of Esper" and his mana bonus in white is -1 while red is +2... 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many mistakes can be made before they worry about the game dying?

...well guess we are on the slow painful path of finding that out.