Length of Tamiyo's mana increases from 3rd ability [As Designed]

Options
soultwist
soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
Level 3 Catalyze Stories:  Draw 5 cards. Increase your Blue, Green, and White mana bonuses by 10 for 4 turns.

These 4 turns are turns as in the battle log, for example:

Turn 7: I use Catalyze stories, I have mana gains for turn 7
Turn 8 (opponent): I
 have mana gains for turn 8
Turn 9: My second turn with mana boost
Turn 10 (opponent): I assume I have mana gains for turn 10
Turn 11: mana gains back to normal.

If this is what is intended that fine, but then why does levels 1 and 2 of catalyze stories last for 3 turns?  It would be the same thing as "turn 4", the bonus turn is an opponents turn.

I do have screenshots but it should be easy enough to see, just trigger and wait 2 turns.

\\Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• Elektrophorus
    Elektrophorus Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Technically speaking, you can generate mana on your opponent’s turn if you somehow convert gems on their turn (such as Path of Discovery + Tendershoot Dryad). But, I doubt that’s the real intention.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll reach out to the team for confirmation regarding the functionality of this ability. 
  • Tyding
    Tyding Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is the most relevant thread on this ordeal.  I've been seeing my Third ability turn off before turn 4.  I always assumed the turn count was for the player's turns only.

I've only truly been able to 100% see it stop only 2 turns in consecutive times in a match using Path of discovery + a token creation theme.

Are these 4 turns counted for each extra swipe?
     Is the path of discovery procs causing the turn to count to get used?

I'm not sure how the ability's 4 turn is suppose to work so makes it tricky to understand whats causing the confusion.
  • Tyding
    Tyding Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Update:  I removed path of discovery, and its still dropping off on my (player) turn 2. (Talking the duration of mana bonus increases.)
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello @Tyding

Thank you for contacting us!
    The idea of 4 turns already includes both player and opponent's turns.
    I will have my team verifying if there's any behavior inconsistency within these reported cards.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GD Answer: "Both (Player's and AI's turn). When it counts only the player's turns, it is described as “N of your turns”."