Can we get Heroic's back?

2»

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Phumade , yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.  I remember the many complaints about heroics from when they were in regular rotation, so the number of post calling for their return now is probably why the dev's think we can't have nice things.
    tiomono said:

Is it really competition if 5* rosters drop down several scl just to spread out the wins for 5* rosters in big alliance families? Versus mode forces you to play vs your peers, why can't story mode do the same?
    Because Versus mode puts you against the same opponents whether you're in SCL1 or SCL9 while Story mode does not.

I'm not saying your concern isn't valid, but with how they are set up now, you can't really compare Versus & Story in a truly 1:1 sense.
  • Therealsmkspy
    Therealsmkspy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2019
    ZootSax said:
    @Phumade , yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.  I remember the many complaints about heroics from when they were in regular rotation, so the number of post calling for their return now is probably why the dev's think we can't have nice things.
    tiomono said:

Is it really competition if 5* rosters drop down several scl just to spread out the wins for 5* rosters in big alliance families? Versus mode forces you to play vs your peers, why can't story mode do the same?
    Because Versus mode puts you against the same opponents whether you're in SCL1 or SCL9 while Story mode does not.

I'm not saying your concern isn't valid, but with how they are set up now, you can't really compare Versus & Story in a truly 1:1 sense.

I'll say this on the complaint subject. There will always be complaints, seems though that most complaints shot down here are ones primarily by certain people trying to champion why any change to those complains shouldn't happen. 

The complaints against Heroics and Gauntlet singularly fell within the category of "I can't get all the rewards all the time."

And honestly, that was the start of the game becoming stale. No everyone should receive every reward for every event just becauce they play. I will make an exception for ST when they've been picking characters that are super new and have had no real previous reward chance. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think my post might have been misunderstood. What I'm saying is many players in here already have emotional outburst from missing out a few nodes/rewards due to the "restriction" in Shield Training. If the dev were to do a full scale three days PvE with similar restriction on the game, what makes you think these outburst won't be multiplied 100 times or 1000 times?

Another good example is Places of Power: filled with emotional outburst because the devs didn't reveal the answer to the challenge. 

Remember Wakanda PvE? It got taken off because many players are so hung up on the word "neutral". Instead of working out strategies to deal with this, many chose not to play the game. 

All these are feedbacks to the devs and it affects how they design "challenging" PvEs in the future. 

@DAZ0273 I don't bracket snipe at all because it's a waste of time to me. I jump into the first bracket, or whatever the starting time is,  of PvE 90% of the time. The rest is when real life matters crop up or I feel like taking a break from PvE and I jump into whatever slice allows me to hit max progression or close to the last progression rewards. 

The thing about needing Gritty, Thorkoye or whatever top tier 5* to get top 10 in SCL 7 PvEs is a myth. You just need to think out of the box.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    @HoundofShadow Fair enough - you say you can get top 10 in a competitive bracket not a slacker one with a quarter champed 4* roster I'm sure the forum would enjoy seeing what slice that is in if you would be so kind as to share.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, I'll do a video instead and I'll post it when I have the time to edit the video so that the file size won't be big.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cool, thanks.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing to always keep in mind is that the forum can inform the developers to some degree, but metrics are always going to be king.

There are approximately 42-46,000 people (that number may be dropping) playing PVE among the SCL 7-9 people.  So you have to imagine that the amount of play among thousands of players is far more impactful than whatever "emotional outbursts" have occurred when the developers decide to do something like remove Heroics or FFW from the rotation.

Places of Power wasn't repeated (I assume) because they were EXTREMELY generous with rewards in that run, and I further assume they decided it was better to make a new event with less rewards than to just re-run PoP, so we got the S600 which was unpopular because they nerfed the rewards to an extreme degree while doing nothing to make it more player friendly.  (You still needed to push the vast majority of your alliance into the hardest level of play.)

Yes, people got up in arms about not knowing the exact way to maximize rewards, but that was partly due to a combination of extremely good rewards and thin margins for error.

Anyway, I don't think that developers base many, if any, decisions about what to do with the game on whether the 100 or so frequent commenters here like it.