MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2019 Edition *Updated (5/29/19)

Comments

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Loved that we were told Magik was a "mistake" but here we go again with Thanos. 
    Were we told it was a mistake? Missed that. But one similarity, neither has been previously featured in a pve event prior to their inclusion in Shield Training. I mean, Magik at least had a while in tokens.

This just doesn't feel very Endgame Celebration. It feels more like "party's over, get back to work".
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I'm wishing SHIELD Simulator had actually featured the new character in tokesn as the 2000 point reward, rather than Ronin.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 said:
    I'd also point out that one of the more frequent complaints and most constructive of criticisms has been to improve the communication.  Everyone would like to see an attempt to make communication 2-way with responses, rather than just announcements and run away.  

Dropping this at the very end of a Friday when the community clearly has a bunch of questions is not a step in the right direction.  In fact it feels pretty calculated.
    Agreed 100%.  This seems like a few years ago when they did the Friday News dump and run away.  
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also: since this next release is a week early, there's no point in time where SHIELD Training is running and Rescue is available in tokens.  So players can't simultaneously try to cover both Rescue and Thanos for the event.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    Also: since this next release is a week early, there's no point in time where SHIELD Training is running and Rescue is available in tokens.  So players can't simultaneously try to cover both Rescue and Thanos for the event.
    At least Rescue isn’t essential in the new release PVE
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Savory (5/23/19) *New Update*
    3-Star Required: Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)

I only count 4....
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    But a week later for the release would
    not have meant Rescue would be available (2 weeks from today is when she enters Latest).

Which might have also changed the whole “need Thanos” part, of course. 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    jamesh said:
    But a week later for the release would
    not have meant Rescue would be available (2 weeks from today is when she enters Latest).

Which might have also changed the whole “need Thanos” part, of course. 
    Yeah but Shield Training runs long enough that you can pull on the Monday (when Rescue drops) after and then do Shield Training (or the rest of it).
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    This may be a new trend, purposefully requiring a newer 4* character for Shield Training where simultaneous events reward this new character in PvE placement, and then PvE progression. 
    Perhaps Dev's are calculating increased spending during the 'rushed competition' to get these rewards so that players are able to acquire enough covers to 'complete' this training (getting the new release cover). 

My Thanos (Endgame) is also at 3/3/2, and I hope to gain 2+ covers from the next 2 PvE's to be able to qualify. I'm also not drawing LT's, so only a lucky hit from Heroics could help speed him along.

This is way too close for a player with 30+ 5* champs, let alone many strong and spending players out there grinding to make this game endure.

I've continually suggested a 20-30 player planning-committee to help with game planning and reward structures. We have many who would gladly assist - it would save dev time and effort and would help to ensure player satisfaction without breaking the bank.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    -snip-
    Savory (5/23/19) *New Update*
    3-Star Required: Black Panther (T'Challa), Magneto (Classic), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
    I appreciate getting DDQ details this far in advance, but... that's only four characters. Should I assume Storm is supposed to be between Magneto and Luke Cage?
    Nice catch! Yes. Storm (Mohawk) should be included in that lineup. I've gone ahead and updated the list to include her as one of the characters.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    RickOShay said:
    This may be a new trend, purposefully requiring a newer 4* character for Shield Training where simultaneous events reward this new character in PvE placement, and then PvE progression. 
    Perhaps Dev's are calculating increased spending during the 'rushed competition' to get these rewards so that players are able to acquire enough covers to 'complete' this training (getting the new release cover). 

My Thanos (Endgame) is also at 3/3/2, and I hope to gain 2+ covers from the next 2 PvE's to be able to qualify. I'm also not drawing LT's, so only a lucky hit from Heroics could help speed him along.

This is way too close for a player with 30+ 5* champs, let alone many strong and spending players out there grinding to make this game endure.

I've continually suggested a 20-30 player planning-committee to help with game planning and reward structures. We have many who would gladly assist - it would save dev time and effort and would help to ensure player satisfaction without breaking the bank.
    Yes, I totally agree.  There are tons of us who would volunteer to give feedback.  They could take players from all different scl's and rotate volunteers regularly so that it's not just one voice opining.  
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2019
    RickOShay said:

The reward / ST pattern for months now has been to make the person who was just rewarded in PVE one of the ST essentials.  So that part isn't new.  When they rewarded all Vintage people for about a month or so, the ST essentials were all Vintage.  Magik was a PVE reward just before being essential.  Etc.

As I have pointed out, there are a chain of decisions/moves that snowballed into "Thanos is an ST essential now" which include moving the release up so they are back onto the schedule where both 4's (when there are 2) are released within a season and so  both end up in tokens the following season.  Then being forced by the LLLVV pattern to choose which Latest you run just before the ST and make essential, and that meaning you run Talos again (who was just run 2 events ago) or Magik who was just an ST essential or Thanos.

A committee of some sort is such a good idea.

Either this chain of decisions was made without consideration to players' (extremely predictable) response and frustration, or it was decided to disregard the predictable response and move forward for the "greater scheduling good".
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(05/20/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added details about 4-Star Sabretooth
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    To The Teeth - Sabretooth

That is probably the most disappointing PvP title for a while, they are normally quite fun (with "Let's Be Frank" for 4* Punisher my favourite). What about:

Primal Rage

Berserker Claw

The Tooth Scary

To the Victor, the Spoils!

Assassins Creed (OK...that one might be a law suit)

Slash...ahh ahh! (He'll kill every one of us!)

Shredded Meat

Is there a "Tooth and Claw" or "Tooth and Nail" yet? How about "You Can't Handle the Tooth"?
    Also, it would only be funny for 40K fans, but for them, "CREEEEEEEED" would be a good one ;)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

That is probably the most disappointing PvP title for a while, they are normally quite fun (with "Let's Be Frank" for 4* Punisher my favourite). What about:

Primal Rage

Berserker Claw

The Tooth Scary

Shredded Meat

Lol - The Tooth Scary, thats the best. Also like the "To the Victor, the spoils!" but thats a bit long. You certainly have my vote for the name change :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

Primal Rage

Berserker Claw

The Tooth Scary

Shredded Meat

I don't know if they've ever run 4* Punisher's since I've been playing. Or at least since I've cared about PvP. You're right, that is a good one. 

I really liked Emma Frost's: "Mind Like a Diamond". Someone is a Cake fan. 
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:

Primal Rage

Berserker Claw

The Tooth Scary

Shredded Meat

Genius.👆🏼

Tooth Be Told.
    Victor/Victorious.
    Slay By Tooth.
    Tiger's Creed.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated the original post with new pretty much everything. Just to head it off at the pass, yes, the first off-season Versus *is* a character event, not a non-standard.
  • bluewolf
    IceIX said:
    Updated the original post with new pretty much everything. Just to head it off at the pass, yes, the first off-season Versus *is* a character event, not a non-standard.
    Thanks, Ice!  Hope you have a nice weekend!