MPQ Sneak Peek: May 2019 Edition *Updated (5/29/19)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see Falcon being skipped, so then Flaptain gets a Versus spot on week 5/6?
  • Feliz
    Feliz Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Awesome another 7 days update. Thx @brigby
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Hmmm...it is very curious that Dr. Strange is being run as a 5E just 2 weeks after his last one.

He might be....hungry for attention, maybe?

Edit:  Also, seeing Talos rewards, then Cloak, in PVE offers more evidence that we might be on an LLLVV cycle again for now.
    Somebody really should feed that poor wizard. He’s looking thin. And it takes real energy to summon forth the mystical powers of the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!
  • Dougfresh413
    Dougfresh413 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Anyone know when OML will be featured as a 5* Essential again?  I think the next time he appears it should be his red cover which would be #13 for me.  I've been stuck on 12 for nearly two years and at this point told myself I would just buy it in HfH but they never feature him.  Frustrating
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone know when OML will be featured as a 5* Essential again?  I think the next time he appears it should be his red cover which would be #13 for me.  I've been stuck on 12 for nearly two years and at this point told myself I would just buy it in HfH but they never feature him.  Frustrating
    He should be coming up very quickly.  Possibly after the next run of the 3 Latests, or maybe the time after that.

Red should be next, as you say.  I need a red (4/5/2) but probably will to save my CP for more Latest pulls as I hope to finish a 5/5/1 Doom.  Eventually my XFW will finish off OML (25 more to go) and he's double fed, so it won't be too long if I stick it out.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel your pain. My oml is 5-5-1. My xforce wolvie is at 313. I have colossus, patch, xforce, and oml set as bonus heros.
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    doc strange gets a repeater in 2 weeks, while phoenix was skipped
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    axmoss said:
    doc strange gets a repeater in 2 weeks, while phoenix was skipped
    Well there is a possibility we might get something to do with Phoenix (obviously not a feeder) when X-Men: Dark Phoenix comes out because Marvel have been doing some publicity around it, even if it just having her as a featured essential.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Didn't we just run Lord of Thunder PVP last month?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    vudu3 said:
    Glitch in the Matrix.
  • bluewolf
    edited May 2019
    vudu3 said:
    Yeah, 3/21. But there probably won’t be another movie with Thor in it for a couple years, so a rerun can be excused right now. 

But....no 5 Thor means more PVP pain and more Gritty teams out. Oh well. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missed opportunity: You have Namor, You have Cap, you could have had Human Torch...I know it is cheaty as isn't actual but: Invaders.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Missed opportunity: You have Namor, You have Cap, you could have had Human Torch...I know it is cheaty as isn't actual but: Invaders.
    Use Vision instead.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    zodiac339 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Use Vision instead.
    Or The Hulk... Or Iron Fist... 
  • MorganWick
    MorganWick Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    zodiac339 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Use Vision instead.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invaders_(comics)?wprov=sfti1
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Torch_(android)?wprov=sfti1

In modern-day continuity, the supervillain the Mad Thinker reactivated the Torch to have him battle the Fantastic Four, deactivating him when the Torch refused to kill the heroes.[13]A storyline in the Avengers, dealing with the secret background of its android member, the Vision, gradually revealed that the Torch's body had been found by a renegade robot named Ultron 5 and modified to become the Vision, his mind wiped of past memories and his powers altered with the coerced help of the Human Torch's original creator, Phineas Horton. The seed of this idea was planted by artist Neal Adams and worked out in detail in The Avengers #133–135 (May–June 1975) by writer Steve Englehart.

A later story by Roy Thomas in What If? #4 (Aug. 1977), planted the suggestion that the Vision was actually made from a second android created by Horton, named Adam II. This freed up the Human Torch for a possible revival. This was followed up by John Byrne, who had the Scarlet Witch revive the Torch in Avengers West Coast, seeking answers about her husband, the Vision, and to help Ann Raymond, wife of Tom "Toro" Raymond. In these stories, it was determined that the Vision had been made by Ultron out of the Torch's spare parts, which explained their physical similarities.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Use Vision instead.
    My bad I was thinking Defenders...  :D
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    So SHIELD Simulator is offering a Ronin cover at the 2000 point mark, even though that character hasn't been added to tokens this season.  Is that a first?
    Not that I'm complaining: I've got more Thanos covers than Ronin due to the alliance event during the Thanos release.
  • Doragon
    Doragon Posts: 55 Match Maker
    jamesh said:
    Not that I'm complaining: I've got more Thanos covers than Ronin due to the alliance event during the Thanos release.
    Wouldn't you have more Ronin covers because you get 3 (personal) + 1 (alliance), compared to just 3 (alliance) for Thanos?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope.  I'm not part of the 1% of players who lose out from alliance events.
  • bluewolf
    jamesh said:
    So SHIELD Simulator is offering a Ronin cover at the 2000 point mark, even though that character hasn't been added to tokens this season.  Is that a first?

Most likely; it feels like an error to me, in fact.  This isn't the first time that a season had two new characters and the second one debuted too late for tokens.  In those cases the second person just sat out the following season.  I feel like there was a delay in the release schedule thanks to Endgame and everything got thrown off. They probably set up the schedule of changes for the upcoming season early (who to reward etc), may have put Ronin in the 2K spot for Sim figuring he'd be released in time, then perhaps forgot to revise that.