Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Brigby  the champ levels are not correct

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh joy.  4Rocket PVP coming.....for the good of the game, please consider NOT running Gritty plus Bishop a few times.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Brigby, please correct champion reward levels for Captain Marvel. Thanks.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    AlexR said:
    Huh. Yeah, for half of the "double-iso week", the PvEs running offer regular iso amounts. I'm sad at that.
    It just seems kind of cheap. Like winning the lottery, but wait it’s an annuity so you only can have 40% of the prize amount. And then 40% of the remainder will be taxed. You’ll have more than not having won, but it feels a little anticlimactic...
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My L361 Carol Danvers is looking forward to the Champ Rewards update.  If they do as they've done in the past, I'll get six covers for my currently 1/0/2 Galactic Warrior.  Keen!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Will we get info on this new event soon?  Will this be like the Alliance rush events we had in the past @Brigby.  Need to plan ahead for this. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Brigby as others have pointed out, more than half of our week of double ISO is being canceled out by a 4-day PvE that started one day outside the window. Now it's possible that Infinite Pursuit will be an alliance event like Places of Power and Sinister 600, leaving open the possibility of Story event overlap and we'll have another PvE starting Sunday 4/28.

But if not, that's precisely one Story event that rewards double ISO. And if it is an alliance event, those aren't exactly known for being ISO goldmines. 

I'd strongly urge the team to consider having at least two PvE story events reward double ISO.

Also, that description of the Cinema Legends store isn't accurate. The dozen 4* you listed are available at 5X odds, along with every other non-Limited 4*s at regular odds. At least that's what the in game display shows for me.

The description here as it currently reads makes it sound like the three 5*s are at 15 percent odds and the dozen select 4*s are at 85 percent odds and that's it. No mention of the fact that you have a chance to pull all non-Limited 4*s with the dozen selected 4*s at increased odds. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    • Infinite Pursuit - Story Event
      • This is a brand new event where players join the Avengers as they track down Thanos in this Infinite Pursuit. Can you help them stop Thanos from collecting the Soul Stone and destroying Earth?
      • Starts: 7:00am ET 4/25/19 
      • Ends: 2:00am ET 4/30/19
    Look at the start and end times.  It sounds like a normal PVE structure with new nodes etc.  Slice 1 starts at 7 AM on day 1 (for them), Slice 5 ends at 2 AM on Day 4 (for them).  At least, that's how every current standard 4-day PVE is structured.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added "Double Iso-8" to pertinent events for clarity
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby as others have pointed out, more than half of our week of double ISO is being canceled out by a 4-day PvE that started one day outside the window. Now it's possible that Infinite Pursuit will be an alliance event like Places of Power and Sinister 600, leaving open the possibility of Story event overlap and we'll have another PvE starting Sunday 4/28.

But if not, that's precisely one Story event that rewards double ISO. And if it is an alliance event, those aren't exactly known for being ISO goldmines. 

I'd strongly urge the team to consider having at least two PvE story events reward double ISO.

Also, that description of the Cinema Legends store isn't accurate. The dozen 4* you listed are available at 5X odds, along with every other non-Limited 4*s at regular odds. At least that's what the in game display shows for me.

The description here as it currently reads makes it sound like the three 5*s are at 15 percent odds and the dozen select 4*s are at 85 percent odds and that's it. No mention of the fact that you have a chance to pull all non-Limited 4*s with the dozen selected 4*s at increased odds. 
    Infinite Pursuit is a normal story event. It is not an Alliance Event.

As for the description of the Cinema Legends store, I apologize for the confusion. Looks like you are correct that those are the characters listed at 5x odds, and all 4-Star characters are available in the store. I've gone ahead and updated that.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Where is the 5* Strange feeder? 

please? I don't want to wait for Dr. Strange 2, in theaters maybe someday! If not Endgame, when?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If Strange does get a feeder it would've been nice if they'd have done it before he's required for PVE. You can always count on Demiurge to not think ahead.
  • AndiTi
    AndiTi Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Oh great, another newer 5* given a feeder. Would be incredibly nice to finish some of the older ones devs! My Dr Strange has probably sat at 2/5/5 for a year now with no way to get that final cover other than through RNG. I pull from classics regularly and in a year still haven't got lucky. All the older 5*s NEED feeders too! 
    Who said that was the only "feeder" we're doing this celebration? ;)
    Not gonna let it go without putting some positivity into this announcement.  Multiple feeders from the event, regardless of if they are for any one character, is awesome news. Thanks for the insight Brigby!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @Brigby curious if the VIP rewards will be updated with a new costume during this event. It’s only been since Jan 4th that Doc Ock has been here.  Great time to update this with a new Avengers Costume. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I’m very sad the Versus schedule wasn’t messed with to have Best Buds be on 4/20. On the other hand, getting 4 Epic covers on Thursday will sure be nice.

@Brigby Your eye has been twitching a lot lately. You should see an optometrist now so you can get that fixed before End Game. Wouldn’t want you to have trouble watching.

EDIT: 1 BH and a Champed 3* means 5 covers on Friday. That’ll be 2/3/3? I can live with that.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yikes. I can't relate to waiting a year, but my 3/3/5 Str5nge agrees and is just waiting for a feeder to make his day. Here's hoping Brigby's cryptic comment isn't just red herring 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Added "Double Iso-8" to pertinent events for clarity
    DarthDeVo said:
    Brigby as others have pointed out, more than half of our week of double ISO is being canceled out by a 4-day PvE that started one day outside the window. Now it's possible that Infinite Pursuit will be an alliance event like Places of Power and Sinister 600, leaving open the possibility of Story event overlap and we'll have another PvE starting Sunday 4/28.

Infinite Pursuit is a normal story event. It is not an Alliance Event.

As for the description of the Cinema Legends store, I apologize for the confusion. Looks like you are correct that those are the characters listed at 5x odds, and all 4-Star characters are available in the store. I've gone ahead and updated that.
    Fair enough. Thank you for the added clarity. Good to see DDQ events will give double ISO.

But it's still a little disappointing that we'll basically get one Story event with double ISO and that's it. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heck yes on the Carol to Carol feeding.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    • Infinite Pursuit - Story Event
      • Starts: 7:00am ET 4/25/19 
      • Ends: 2:00am ET 4/30/19
    I thought this might be an event to try to find tickets to the Endgame movie this weekend...