Avengers: Endgame Celebration! *Updated (5/20/19)

Options

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:
    Next week contains three $75 Endgame costumes!

Get excited!
    And if by $75 Endgame costumes you mean brand new events, a new champion reward update, and more awesome stuff that isn't related to Costumes, then yes. Yes, you're right. ;)
    When you say "champion reward update" do you mean a feeder update, or an update to the champion rewards structure in general?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:

Get excited!
    And if by $75 Endgame costumes you mean brand new events, a new champion reward update, and more awesome stuff that isn't related to Costumes, then yes. Yes, you're right. ;)
    Just slap Week 2 up there as well! ;):p
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:

Get excited!
    When you say "champion reward update" do you mean a feeder update, or an update to the champion rewards structure in general?
    The new 4* Thanos snapped the old champion rewards to dust.... Quantum realm event where avengers have to split up into teams to collect new champion rewards.

The costumes are the Quantum suits for team
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I really hope the brand new events Brigby alluded to include something along the lines of Growth Industries, as the triple run of that for Ant-Man and the Wasp is currently my gold standard for movie tie-in’s.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Don't you people get exhausted being so negative all the time?

The movie doesn't come out for another 10 days, this is like complaining that a movie is boring before the trailers have finished.

You aren't contributing to anything, you're just making the place worse for the rest of us.

Oh, cmon.  You are seriously going to act like the IW celebration didn't leave something to be desired?   

Everyone has just as much prerogative to be negative as they do positive.  As long as they are being honest and constructive with the criticism, they should have the same ability to post as you or I.  Since I didn't see anyone post anything untrue, I would argue that *you* are the only person in this thread overreacting to anything.  
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:

Get excited!
    To paraphrase the Great Titan himself - this...puts a smile on my face.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New movie or not, there’d be a new character released this week.  Having 4* pvp while nice, is much more common place now so I wouldn’t quantify that as a celebration.  Shield training is also a common place event run regularly.  And a free login token for a “special” vault which is also fairly common these days.  These are all normal occurrences that occur outside the release of the end of the the first 10 years of the MCU.  Brigby has teased a few other things, but going off the initial announcement (which is all you see if you click this thread in announcements) I can 10000% see why there’s going to be a lot of negative response.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Game UI Update
    :open_mouth:

The R176 update brings with it a brand new Endgame icon, background wallpaper, and loader screen.
    :disappointed:

For a moment there I thought we'd get a character selection / roster screen etc. general UI update.

But the rest seems promising so far...
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I really hope the brand new events Brigby alluded to include something along the lines of Growth Industries, as the triple run of that for Ant-Man and the Wasp is currently my gold standard for movie tie-in’s.
    Couldn't agree more! I had such a good time with those!

I don't ever expect to be handed free things, but being given extra opportunities to earn valuable things makes it really feel like something to get excited about and celebrate. I thought it was a real missed opportunity not doing one for Taskmaster during the anniversary celebrations and I really hope we get one (or two) for this tie-in.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Don't you people get exhausted being so negative all the time?

The movie doesn't come out for another 10 days, this is like complaining that a movie is boring before the trailers have finished.

You aren't contributing to anything, you're just making the place worse for the rest of us.
    I have to agree with this.

There are legitimate complaints to make about the Devs communication, etc but seriously, Brigby has just posted ONE week of the events and people are all full of yellow stuff and vinegar.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Shield training for Thanos is listed for the 18th in the sneak peek but not here. Which is correct?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,308 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Ptahhotep said:
    Shield training for Thanos is listed for the 18th in the sneak peek but not here. Which is correct?
    It's not listed here at all, which is probably an oversight.  ST always begins the same day a character becomes available via tokens/event, so 4/18 in this case.

____

I would like to see champ rewards expanded (more 4s to 5s) as much as anyone else, but going back to the already established ones and changing them?  As much as some make no sense canonically (Chavez to JJ for one), targeting 4's is not a simple or fast process for players, and I would say 100%, please don't change any existing feeder relationships. Unless the devs somehow (not happening) want to increase the covers given by feeders and retroactively hand those out.

Seeing the 3 -> 4 chain reworked to hand out more covers is LONG overdue, however.
    _____

I would lastly encourage commenters to provide their own ideas for what they would like to see vs just saying it's not enough.  It looks to me that the devs have planned a lot and prepared to make sure the game honors the movie (within the boundaries of what they can do while still doing all their normal work they do on the game) and I look forward to seeing what's in store. 

That said, I REALLY hope we are going to see more than one 4->5 feeder after seeing none for 15 weeks (by the time we get one next week), since one will still basically leave us 3 feeders behind the prior schedule of one a month.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Razuhlui said:
    Brigby said:

a new champion reward update, 
    I hope it's like:
    • Thanos 3* -> Thanos 4* -> Thanos 5*
    • Grocket 3* -> Grocket 4*
    • Gammora 3* -> Gammora 4*
    • Wasp 4* ->  Wasp 5*
    • Black Widow 3* -> Black Widow 4*
    • Loki 3* -> Hulk( The Main Event) 4*
    • Iron Man (Hulkbuster) 4* -> Iron Man (Mark XVLI) 5*
    • Thor 3* -> Thor 4* -> Thor 5*
    • Rouge 4* -> Gambit 5*
    • Star-Lord 3* -> Star Lord 4* -> Star Lord 5*
    • Black Panther 3* -> Black Panther 4*
    • Human Torch 3* -> Mr. Fantastic 4*
    • Jean Grey 4* -> Jean Grey 5*
    • Angel 3* -> Jubilee 4* -> Archangel 5*
    • Nova 4* -> Doctor Strange 5*
    • Invisible Woman 4* -> Doctor Doom 5*
    • Valkyrie 4* -> Hela 5*
    • DeadPool 4* -> Cable 5*
    • Cap Marvel 4* -> Cap Marvel 5*
    • Elektra 4* -> Daredevil 5*
    • Kingpin 4* -> Kingpin 5*
    • Spieder-MAn 3* -> Spider-Man (Infinity War) 4*

Most movie-relevant changes would be for Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel feeders to be added. Anything for Strange will do really, but not sure why you wouldn’t suggest Strange 3* > Mordo > Strange 5*. No reason to keep it goofy with Pew-Pew breaking it up. And going Hulkbuster > Hulk 5* would be a fit from End Game.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Brigby said:
    pheregas said:

Get excited!
    Yes. When I say that, I mean a "feeder" update. 4-Star Champion Reward Update is just the official term.
    A feeder? So, just one?
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    Brigby said:
    Yes. When I say that, I mean a "feeder" update. 4-Star Champion Reward Update is just the official term.
    A feeder? So, just one?

He probably cannot say. But this can be taken as plural, and hopefully should be. 
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
     a feeder update, or an update to the champion rewards structure in general?
    A feeder? So, just one?
    One is a billion percent better than none!  I'm not complaining.  :)