Game lock when pressing "Not Now" Option [Fix in 3.4]

Options

Comments

• ShaarkBiite
    ShaarkBiite Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Since there's clearly a problem, this would be a really good time where in game communication would be super helpful. "We're sorry, there is a problem with targeted spells; use them at your own risk/peril". 
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    And now the third time a lost to this bug. https://imgur.com/ptipWmi

Do you need help to recreate the bug? This time i just ran straight into it,
    after casting HUF as part of the 4 casts you get for free.
    21 Points gone
  • reaperuk
    reaperuk Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Since using power save mode the number of crashes has dropped I little but still way too much.
    Just had 3 games crash out of 10.
    Justice strike 
    Cartouche of ambition and Sarkhans unsealing.

Thx for the update
  • ApexMatrix
    ApexMatrix Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just had a similar issue with mass manipulation except I tried to pick the creature to replace and it wouldn't let me. So I figure, screw it and try to pick not now and then realized I was soft locked. Weird thing is that I can highlight more than one creature at a time.

https://imgur.com/gallery/MJv68HL
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can confirm Cartouche of Strength gives the same problem. Only way out is to quit.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Deploy the Gatewatch when you need to replace a creature freezes in spite of initially choosing "Replace" or "Not Now". :neutral:
    Lost two matches to this already.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Happened to me with Smite the Monstrous (Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater).  The only creatures were mine (Angel of Invention and Dauntless Bodyguard).  I could neither say Not Now nor target one of my creatures.

I had been using that spell without issue.  The only unusual thing with this board state is that Dauntless Bodyguard would not normally be a target for this spell, but its power was raised by Angel of Invention.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Angel of Sanction
    Anguish Unmaking
    and
    Murder....
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am very very pissed by this bug. I lost 3 matches in total ONLY due to it, and I actually had a perfect HoD run... yet again ruined by stupid bugs. 300 purples are no joke, especially since I really wanted that High Alert (the only mythic I still lack from this pack).
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    I am very very pissed by this bug. I lost 3 matches in total ONLY due to it, and I actually had a perfect HoD run... yet again ruined by stupid bugs. 300 purples are no joke, especially since I really wanted that High Alert (the only mythic I still lack from this pack).
    I
     was perfect - 2 (took more than ten damage once) which was a rank 24..but with three bug losses, I basically got nothing.
  • Jbluew
    Jbluew Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is also happening with Ravager Wurm and Murder.  Update did not help anything, and either I'm paranoid or it's actually happening more.  I can tell the bug has happened when the disable/enable button is glowing.  No selections work at that point. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi @Juwew,

Can you send me a DM containing the cards you've used on your deck and your UID, please?
    Thank you! 
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The latest release notes stated that the soft lock with Cartouches was fixed.
    There is now a situation with the exact same behaviour as the above.
    I had at least 2 Beacon Bolts waiting to be jump-started in my graveyard.
    When I was ready and had a card charged with 9 or more mana (Plague Wind in this case), I exiled it.
    This charged my Beacon Bolt.
    At the end of the round I was able to cast it, so far so good.
    I targeted the opponent Planeswalker, Jaya, and clicked "Select".
    Nothing happened.
    I was able to select additional targets just like with the Cartouche defect.
    I could select Jaya and her 1st creature as a target, she only had the Arvicious Dragon on the field.
    I could also select my Planeswalker (Bolas II) or any one of my creatures.
    No matter what, neither the "Select" nor the "Not Now" button would function as expected.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ral's third loyalty has this problem too. Once it asks to choose a target or choose "not now" it will soft lock the match.  Lost one just a minute ago in the event.  
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twice this kind of freeze with me. I am so fed up with this ****
  • Tengu316
    Tengu316 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is NOT fixed for the Cartouche of Ambition. I just got hit with the bug again. 
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had this happen with Helm of the Gods and a stolen(through Chaos Wand) Ultimate Price.
  • Tengu316
    Tengu316 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Cartouche of Ambition occurrence happens when you cast multiples apparently. At least that's how I've been able to replicate it.
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And has happened to me again 3 times trying to get through Rising Tensions with it locking up in targeting with Rabid Bite, Act of Treason and Alchemist Vial. The game is starting to feel unplayable with this bug.