3* Marvel's New Eye Shadow

2»

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her in-match art when she's in front is really reminding me of someone, but I can't figure out who. Probably someone who used to be a checker or barista or something around here.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    at least she doesn't look like she's smelling a hideous cosmic fart of unknown origins anymore.
    This is true, It still seems a bit off though, she looks a bit Fatal Attraction crazy in one of the poses.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    jredd said:
    at least she doesn't look like she's smelling a hideous cosmic fart of unknown origins anymore.
    This is true, It still seems a bit off though, she looks a bit Fatal Attraction crazy in one of the poses.
    i agree. the change to the in match front of the line art is good. a couple of the other pics are hideous.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    bbigler said:
    I think the art department is bored.....or they have an intern who doesn't have enough work to do. 

Somehow they can spend time on the things we don't ask for, but take forever implementing things we do ask for. 
    That’s kinda my take on this too.  Some
    othrr issues out their and this is what the “resources of a small company” is used for.   Maybe they were told my Marvel to update it, which fine I get.  Just wish other things could be looked at...or you know maybe spend that time interacting here with the players.  
    The last character face update (Kamala Kahn) was quickly followed by a new alternate costume bundle for the character.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens here.  Probably for the 3* variant, with 2* Ms Marvel getting the update due to sharing some of the art assets.
    Maybe a Binary costume?
    Probably more likely the blue number from the movie.
    Yeah I think it's most likely because of the movie coming out, like Peter Parker also got all his arts redone just before Homecoming was released. 

However for the life of me I really don't see much similarity between the redone art and Brie Larson.
    1. In general, the devs only have one version that looks like the MCU version (no one looks much like the Fox version of their characters); usually the 5*.  Compare 2/3/5 Thor for example.  
    2.  It seems like they try to get close but not precisely to an obvious likeness of the actor. Probably a good call since sometimes people get replaced. 
    3. Maybe 5CM looks like Ms. Larson under her mask?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the re-done art is definitely not trying to be Brie Larson, that's what the 5* version is for.

But I don't think it looks much like her comic appearance either.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The more I look at her, the more I think she is supposed to look like Emily Blunt.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Technically, it looks like they added eye liner, not eye shadow to her, but I guess I won't change the title now.