3* Marvel's New Eye Shadow

bbigler
bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2019 in MPQ General Discussion
Just like the Kamala Khan face lift, I noticed this immediately. I'm not saying that it's necessarily bad, but I want the devs to realize that we notice small cosmetic changes, so they can't sneak in anything.  Feel free to agree or disagree with me.

EDIT: Actually, I don't like the new look. It is a little creepy. 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ms Marvel's also been updated.

It doesn't really look like Carol...but it looks a lot better. She doesn't look like she's stubbed her toe for the third time in a day.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I noticed the same thing. It's crazy how we play this game so much that we can notice little differences in the characters so fast. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    New background too.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've had these covers before.
    Maybe this time we get to keep them.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    She's still not quite "right" - her hair is an unnatural shade of blonde, like she's dyed it. But yeah, at least they got rid of her constipated-face in her battle profile art.
    I'd like for the artists to go back and revisit some of the very early character artwork, especially the battle profiles. Why are so many characters charging into battle with their mouths wide open like that? Are they just CONSTANTLY YELLING for NO REASON?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, these are comic book characters at heart, who's appearance and shading can change from panel to panel, so it is nice to get any change, no matter how small, keeps it interesting.  As for not quite right? None of them are, everyone will have their favorite artist, art style, etc..  so there is no art change that everyone will like.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    In unrelated news, I still hate the updated Kamala Khan designs.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad someone else noticed...
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    In unrelated news, I still hate the updated Kamala Khan designs.
    3* Steve Rogers nose job never made sense to me either (and unrelated, his super tiny backpack makes no sense too...)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    May maybe we can all agree that Bobby drake looks flat out creepy in the bad way
  • Century
    Century Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    I personally like Carol's new eyes. I think it looks good. As for Kamala... she looked wacky before so this newer wackiness is sort of moot to me. Oh well. At least they're looking at older characters art that way and making slight adjustments, because some need it.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the art department is bored.....or they have an intern who doesn't have enough work to do. 

Somehow they can spend time on the things we don't ask for, but take forever implementing things we do ask for. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like the new look on 3* Marvel. Can't really spot the differences on 2*, but it's a good look whatever they were.
    Now if we can just keep the 2* and 3* covers!
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Art department has some extra time on its hands since devs cut back from releasing 32 characters a year for the first few years to a "mere" 26 over the last 12 months. ;)
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    I think the art department is bored.....or they have an intern who doesn't have enough work to do. 

Somehow they can spend time on the things we don't ask for, but take forever implementing things we do ask for. 
    That’s kinda my take on this too.  Some
    othrr issues out their and this is what the “resources of a small company” is used for.   Maybe they were told my Marvel to update it, which fine I get.  Just wish other things could be looked at...or you know maybe spend that time interacting here with the players.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:

othrr issues out their and this is what the “resources of a small company” is used for.   Maybe they were told my Marvel to update it, which fine I get.  Just wish other things could be looked at...or you know maybe spend that time interacting here with the players.  

I would hope that the art guy isn't the one looking at other things, or interacting with the players.
    Cause, you know, there should be coders doing that stuff.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:

The last character face update (Kamala Kahn) was quickly followed by a new alternate costume bundle for the character.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens here.  Probably for the 3* variant, with 2* Ms Marvel getting the update due to sharing some of the art assets.
    Maybe a Binary costume?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    bbigler said:

The last character face update (Kamala Kahn) was quickly followed by a new alternate costume bundle for the character.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens here.  Probably for the 3* variant, with 2* Ms Marvel getting the update due to sharing some of the art assets.
    Maybe a Binary costume?
    Probably more likely the blue number from the movie.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    jamesh said:
    bbigler said:

Maybe a Binary costume?
    Probably more likely the blue number from the movie.
    Yeah I think it's most likely because of the movie coming out, like Peter Parker also got all his arts redone just before Homecoming was released. 

However for the life of me I really don't see much similarity between the redone art and Brie Larson.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    at least she doesn't look like she's smelling a hideous cosmic fart of unknown origins anymore.