Angrath’s second loyalty ability [Fix in 3.3]

Options
wereotter
wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
This ability no longer works. Upon targeting an opponent’s creature, you no longer gain control of it. That creature is now only given haste, and then dies after it attacks you on your opponent’s next turn. 

/edited title  - Daiane

Comments

• BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Angrath's 2nd ability no longer steals the opponents creature.
    The targeted creature gains haste; however, the target stays on the opponents side and is not destroyed at the end of turn.
    This was discovered playing Rising Tensions, top node (white/red)

//Edited Title - Tombstone
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Thank you for the report. I'll relay this to the team for investigation. 
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I thought that this was only against Gaea's Revenge but I couldn't steal the opponent's Verdant Sun's Avatar.
    Turn Against would not affect Gaea's Revenge at all (possibly because of hexproof).
    Neither Willbreaker's ability nor Captivating Crew's activated gems would steal either these creatures or Nessa 4's tree elementals.  I did notice that it does indeed give Verdant Sun's Avatar haste until the end of turn, the other 2 creatures already had haste.
    At the end of combat resolution, the "stolen" creature behaves like it's a "returned" creature and gets thrown to the top of the opponent's creature stack.
    I have a screenshot of Turn Against not working on Gaea's Revenge but could not post it here.

Edit: Just realized (and forgot) that Turn Against is targeted, never mind on that one.  But the other steal effects are still busted.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Act of treason stole my opponents mentor goblin, but wouldn't steal the goblin tokens he generates, both being cast on the same turn.
  • BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used this ability again during a NoP battle.
    The Bolas-generated zombie tokens were given haste and stayed on my opponents field.
    On my opponent's turn, the zombies lost haste then died. However, they hit me for 8 points of damage first.
    It's like there is something going on specifically with the tokens.

I used Captain's Command on a non-token creature in the same battle and the ability resolved as expected.
  • thesmallesthuman
    thesmallesthuman Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Can confirm this is an issue with non-token creatures as well. Tried to steal a marwyn, it just gave her haste instead. No other triggers in battle log aside from “used captain’s command.” Opponent’s turn she attacked and then died.
  • TReed
    TReed Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can also confirm his 2nd is broken. I can recreate and give screenshots if needed. 
  • SirWilliam
    SirWilliam Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Every time I've used Angrath since the recent update his second ability, Captain's Command, does not function properly. What will happen is the targeted enemy creature will gain haste but will not be transferred to my side. Nothing happens initially. During my opponent's next turn the targeted creature attacks me like normal but is destroyed at the conclusion of the opponent's turn. 

Has this been happening for anyone else?

//Edited Title -Brigby
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not anyone around here, since this is the Marvel Puzzle Quest support forum, not the Magic Puzzle Quest support forum. Sorry.
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not just Captain's Command that's messed up (though that is where I first saw the issue as well).  I ran a few battles, and saw some very anomalous behavior.  I'm going to describe each as I saw it.

First incident: Avacyn's Madness node 3.2: I had 3 creatures out (Eternal Scourge, Squee, Darigaaz).  Attempted to use Captain's Command.  Target creature gained haste but did not switch sides.  In opponent's next turn, the creature attacked, then died at end of turn (my defender was disabled, so not killed by combat damage).

Second battle: Legacy Training Grounds:  New deck, consisting of Admiral Becket Brass, Dire Fleet Poisoner, Deadeye Plunderers, Turn Against, Act of Treason, Malevolent Whispers, Limits of Solidarity, Connive, Hazoret's Favor, Thaumatic Compass.

Starting with no creatures on my side of battlefield.
    Successful steals with:
    1) Act of Treason + Malevolent Whispers in same turn
    2) Captain's Command
    3) Turn Against

Two Pirates on my side: Admiral Becket Brass, Dire Fleet Poisoner
    4) Admiral Beckett Brass steals 1st creature*
    * First creature deals it's power in damage to Brass when stolen (Brass was given Deathtouch + Berserker by Poisoner)

Two Pirates + 1 stolen creature (League Guildmage)
    5) Captain's Command steals 2nd creature (Adeliz) - 4 total on my side.  Target destroyed at end of turn.  Behaved as expected.
    6) Act of Treason asks to replace one of my creatures (when I have 3).

One Pirate (Poisoner)
    7) Captain's Command behaved as expected.

Spires of Orazca effect persists on creatures even after they are stolen if opponent does not have another creature to drop into 1st slot and trigger Spires again.

Third battle: Legacy Training Grounds, same deck as previous
    Starting with no creatures on my side.
    1) Limits of Solidarity - successful.

Two Pirates on my side (Brass, Poisoner.  Did not apply Poisoner effect to anything)
    2a) Limits of Solidarity - FAIL - gave creature (Ashaya token stack) haste but not stolen;
      b) Turn Against - FAIL - gave creature (Verdant Force) haste, not stolen;
      c) Brass - succeeded (Saproling token stack).
    Next opponent turn: 1st creature (Ashaya - target of Limits) attacks me, then asks to replace one of my creatures.  2nd creature (Verdant Force - target of Turn Against) attacks but is killed (because it Berserkered against the Poisoner who had Deathtouch), so not sure if it would have switched sides then.
    1st swapped creature (Ashaya) did not attack on my next turn.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,279 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @wereotter

Can you tell us, please, how many creatures did you have in the battlefield?

Thank you.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I had two in play

Also of it helps to know, I tested this multiple times and same result every time. It was the same for tokens as well as carded creatures. Also same if my opponent played the creature last turn, or if it had been in play several turns. 
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I used his 2nd ability in 2 matches as well; first match no issue (I had 1 creature myself), second match I had 3 creatures out and it bugged on me (gave his creature haste but it remained on his side during attack).
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have had issues with this as well.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think the functionality of all steal effects changed after 5.2.  The triggered ability of Willbreaker and Act of Treason previously worked as long as you had no more than three creatures, with the stolen creature going above the three.  Now, it appears that it only works if you have one creature.
  • Dkrone
    Dkrone Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I found this bug too. I tried to pin it down with some testing but I couldn't figure out the conditions in which it fails. I just know it fails more than it works, but that it does work sometimes.
  • TriForceGuy
    TriForceGuy Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can confirm that it works for your opponent still. I had one of my creatures stolen with Capitan's Command during TofP: Red
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I played Angrath a couple of times today, but was able to use Captain's Command successfully on both token and non-token creatures.
  • NinjaE
    NinjaE Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just had this bug trigger with tokens.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just to chime in another case here: AI has a stack of Lifelink Soldiers (from March of the Multitudes), I use Angie's 2nd ability, it DOESN'T go to my side, and at the end of enemy turn the tokens self-destruct.