Mnemonic Betrayal doesn't pull cards directly to the graveyard [Fix in 3.4]

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
Having spent the last couple of days mastering this card, I discovered this issue. Mnemonic Betrayal is supposed to pull all the cards in your opponents graveyard and dump them in to your own.

Instead, it only pulls cards from their graveyard to your hand, then discards them in to your graveyard. If you only have 1 spot open in your hand, it only pulls 1 card. If you have 4 spots, 4 cards. No spots, no cards.

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,611 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can confirm this. I know the card has been working like this since the set came out.

I didn’t report the “error” since I just figured that I hadn’t understood the intention of the card (note I didn’t write: understood the text on the card), so I just trashed the card in the useless bin (with so many other cards).

Once more - Without proper rules we are stumbling in the dark.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it still gives you all the cards from their graveyard, but I'm not positive.  Thought the hand thing was just a bad animation.  Never thought to check.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    I think it still gives you all the cards from their graveyard, but I'm not positive.  Thought the hand thing was just a bad animation.  Never thought to check.

It has been checked. It doesn't.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the report. I'll go ahead and pass this along for investigation. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This should be fixed in the upcoming 3.4 update.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have seen this behavior before with this card and wasn't sure what was causing me to discard...I just chalked it up to one of the permanent support effects in the various single-player PVE events that we've been playing lately.

I tried to confirm this today during lunch and, well, I'm still not sure.
    I know it'll be fixed in 3.4 but hey, for what it's worth:

I went into TG Legacy with my Jace II Surveil build against my bane, Samut.
    Was surveiling for several rounds, bounced many of Samut's critters, and forced her to discard a lot.
    There should have been a stack of Ghaltas (among other unknown nasties) in her yard.
    Eventually, 12 rounds or so in, I threw Mnemonic Betrayal with 2 spaces open in my hand (holding 4 cards). 
    I got those 2 cards, they were immediately discarded...okay mystery solved, that's where those cards came from.

When I looked at my yard, I had an Amplifire in my critter yard (definitely not mine), but no Ghaltas.
    I looked into the spell yard, saw a pile of my own spells (most of them surveiled to bolster Beacon Bolt), then saw a stack of green color changers, at least 1 Vivien's Invocation, and 1 Overcome (definitely not mine).  
    I only had 3 cards in the support yard, all mine.

With only 2 open slots in my hand, I definitely stole more than 2, but not all, so far as I know.
    She could've had 1 Ghalta in her hand, but I know that she'd cast 3 in one round a few rounds back.  
    I bounced them all with Unexplained Disappearance, 2 should have been immediately entered her yard.
    The 3rd Ghalta entered her yard soon after thanks to my support that causes the opponent to discard.

Yet no Ghaltas were in my critter yard...hmm...maybe the bounce didn't put Ghalta at the bottom of her hand?  
    I don't know, I guess the end result is the same...weird.