Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) Hell Ride damage not benefiting from Okoye's Wakanda Forever! [By Design]

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
I know I've been all over the forum talking about GR:RR, but since he's my only champ 5* I've been spending a LOT of time with him. I'm curious why Hell Ride doesn't get added damage from Wakanda Forever! ...at first I took it for granted, but it occurred to me this might be a bug.

The power description for Hell Ride reads:
Ghost Rider tears through the battlefield leaving trails of fire to scorch his enemies. Creates 3 Green Repeater tiles that destroy up to 3 surrounding Green, Red, or Black basic tiles every turn. Destroyed tiles deal 3 times their damage.

The power description for Wakanda Forever! reads:
(Passive)Okoye fights to protect Wakanda at all costs. Damage from friendly powers is increased by (n) for each Team-Up AP you have. Okoye's base Team-Up match damage is increased by X%. At the start of your turn, if Okoye is not in front, destroy 1 friendly Team-Up AP.

WF doesn't stack with un-owned tiles like Attack Tiles, and it also doesn't seem to stack with powers that have damage tied to the base tile damage. I've tested this with a few other powers that do damage based on the base tile destruction damage, and it also does not stack with:

Scarlet Witch: Hex Bolt. This power doesn't specify any damage at all, just says it destroys tiles and accrues AP, doing the base damage the team would do on the tiles it breaks.

Domino: Enter the Fray. Destroy N non-black tiles, deal damage but don't generate AP. 

Unlike these other powers, Hell Ride is doing 3X damage per tile destroyed. This seems like it's more aligned with a power that does N Damage/Tile. Does WF! only add damage to powers that have a specific number they do?

*edit - changed the thread title to make room for "investigating" or whatever the mods want to do

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2019
    Options
    • Okoye's power Wakanda Forever! no longer adds damage to powers that destroy tiles without dealing additional damage.
    So I guess doing triple damage doesn't count as "additional" damage in this case?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ThaRoadWarrior
    After speaking with the team, I've been told Hell Ride should not be boosted by Wakanda Forever.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Thanks for checking @Tombstone. Happy to get an answer, sad it's not the one I wanted lol. I figured it would be "working as designed," but you never know till you ask, right?