Buggy BoFT [Fixed in 3.3]

Mburn7
Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
Well this is troubling.  The same boss fights that were bugged on the initial release (Zacama and Elendra) are still bugged now, several months later.  And fixes for them haven't been announced.  Hell, the bugs themselves haven't been acknowledged yet as far as I know.

So I'll say them again.

Zacama:

Green activate gem destroys land supports, despite clearly reading non-land.  Also, the regenerate given by the white activate gem disappears before healing your dinos (although that's more poor design on the ability than a bug, since the regenerate is technically working properly).

Elendra:

Killing one creature causes the other creatures on its side to lose the buff they have received from killing opposing creatures.  This can cause lethal damage.  This is not mentioned anywhere on the boss support, it just says that creatures get +1/+1.  I'm not sure why that buff would ever go away.

Also, any card you draw in your turn can be cast against Azor, even if you shouldn't be able to cast it that turn.  This one also probably isn't a bug so much as its poor design (since the effect just hits your hand at the start of the turn), but its still technically wrong.

I'm tagging @LakeStone since Brigby is out, please let the devs know.  I'm getting nervous that Dominaria will release bug-free if the stuff that's been out for months and reported to be bugged for months is still not being fixed.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [MOD NOTE] Move to Bugs and Technical Issues [//]
  • Mburn7
    Does anyone actually see these threads in Bugs and Technical?  I was hoping for a bit more visibility on this one.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I do! Brigby checks regularly too, when he's not out sick. That Elenda bug seems to act even weirder when you use Lay Claim or other permanent steals. I didn't pay much attention, because I rarely get more than a couple kills in that battle the way I play it.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    It’s like I said before half of the fixes they are doing are pointless, no word on Hixus Freeze fix no fix on Bo4T freezes, no word on Rekindling Phoenix Haste bug etc they are more important, but instead they fix cards that people barely use or fix something in story mode etc
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Adding to this older list as I've run across a couple more:

On Zacama, the red gem did not do damage to opposing creature, and the white gem was not giving me health.  (And I did double-check that I was hitting the gems for my support, not the opponent's).

Against Azor on 5.3, a number of bugs:
    --Using his ultimate to exile my creatures despite Immortal Sun on the board (happened when it was just his, just mine and both of ours)
    --Random effects from Kerox Bladewing support even though the support had been eliminated
    --Creatures not appearing in the graveyard after using Eldest Reborn

Anyone else running in to these?
  • Mburn7
    I don't know how many times I should have to report this, but this event is STILL BUGGED.

For those that don't remember:

Zacama Node's Green Activate gem states "destroy target non-land support."  It destroys land supports.

Elenda Node:  When a creature is destroyed, all other creatures on that side lose their cumulative buff from destroying enemy creatures.  Also, Elenda's second ability (give -4/-4 to all your creatures) does not stack (only works the first time on a creature)

Tishana's ability also does not stack, so the buff only applies the first time it is used on a creature.

Mavren's ability also also does not stack, it will only reinforce a creature once.

@Oktagon_Daiane are these not actually bugs?  Because they all seem to be bugs.  But they also aren't getting fixed.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    This really makes us feel like nobody really cares.
    Maybe we should stop paying until someone cares.
  • Snappyturtle
    Snappyturtle Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Kopola with the city's blessing+return to orazca keeps freezing after the third time it triggers.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the battles on these nodes are already long, grinding, and obnoxious, do we really care if our opponents are weaker than they should be?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Moved thread to Bugs & Technical Issues section
  • Mburn7
    @Tombstone are the devs aware of these bugs?  I have reported them several times (both on the forums and in app), and I'm sure others have as well.  Is there a reason nobody is looking into this?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Mburn7
    I'll go ahead and relay these issues to the team to inform them that these problems are still occurring. 
  • Mburn7
    I don't know why I keep reporting this you guys clearly don't care.

Zacama is still Bugged, his permanent support says "activate 1 Green, destroy a non-land support your opponent controls"
    It destroys land supports.

Beckett's permanent support has the same steal creature issue that's been reported several times already, so at least that's a new bug and not another repeat.

I would STRONGLY urge you to fix the bugs in the Elenda fight before you run BoFT part 2

For the full bug list, please see these old threads of mine:

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    I don't know why you keep posting these outside of Bugs & Technical Issues so that they can then be moved there and that's the only time a mod ever looks at them.
  • Mburn7
    Brakkis said:
    I don't know why you keep posting these outside of Bugs & Technical Issues so that they can then be moved there and that's the only time a mod ever looks at them.
    But a mod IS looking at them lol.

Also, I put the first 2 here back before the bug thread had anyone there.  Put this one here more for consistency's sake (and because the general thread is where the shortcut takes me and I forgot to switch threads)
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Also, progression wasn't adjusted, making it impossible to get full progression -_-
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Thuran said:
    Also, progression wasn't adjusted, making it impossible to get full progression -_-

Progression is 300
    Max points is 315

It's possible. Close as hell but possible.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Brakkis said:
    Thuran said:

Progression is 300
    Max points is 315

It's possible. Close as hell but possible.
    And that is an adjustment from the previous 700 points with the full event.  Yes, it's super-narrow like when the event launched with the top reward at 1000....
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Merged same threads together