MPQ Sneak Peek: February 2019 Edition *Updated (2/25/19)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Awesome, boss battle for season end! And the one that is by far the fastest one to finish! Should be a lot of spare time to grind SHIELD Sim.

(The fact that Sunday is also my kid's 11th birthday makes me very thankful I can focus less on MPQ this weekend).

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice - Sinister Six! I see TA Hulk is boosted which makes me wonder whether I should bother champing him. He only really does one thing in this event i.e. ruin Doc Ock's plans so I'm thinking maybe not bothering, Boosted Gwenpool is nice also.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:

Awesome, boss battle for season end! And the one that is by far the fastest one to finish! Should be a lot of spare time to grind SHIELD Sim.

(The fact that Sunday is also my kid's 11th birthday makes me very thankful I can focus less on MPQ this weekend).

@Quebbster How is it that you find it fast? My memory is of getting smacked around quite a bit in later rounds, and having 3 bosses to defeat instead of 1 slowed me down and sometimes wiped. Is it having more boss-node hits per 8 hour window that speeds it up?

Note: my memory is from a 3* team, I have a significantly better roster now, but I want to share info with my alliance who have a range of roster strengths.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every time I see the "Sneek peak" for the upcoming Crash of the Titans, I already know who it is because the HFH store gives it away. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Thanos PvP is brutal on healthpacks.  :D 

1) It's two Court Death to both teammates unless you deliberately lower the other two enemies' health to get both them knocked out with one Court Death.

2) Alternatively, you use an AoE to knock out all three opponents. 

3) Use loaner Thanos

4) Switch Thano's black to 3 covers

5) Others?

What are your strategies?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just been powering through, I was able to push to 700 with Gho5t Rider (452)/Chavez (290) until I ran out of health and dropped a 3hr shield. But there are a select group of characters that are able to mitigate 3* thanos's self-harm, I was more into figuring out who could do something about it earlier in my 4* transition and have forgotten some of it. 

I believe that Spider-Woman's black can reduce it, as can Colossus's yellow.
    Vision's yellow can for sure.
    Vulture can be airborne, and can feed him green, or use the green himself, probably himself is the better option.
    Bring somebody with a true heal, like 3* Rocket

I dont' know that lowering his black to 3 is that great - it's the worst ratio of offensive damage to self damage, so you're kind of getting the worst of both worlds with that one. Bringing the loaner really puts a target on you for defense, but it is an option i suppose. 

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    Beat seed teams with Thanos and 2 1*s and wait for the hits (got 229 pts and 9 wins, but I got a feeling my defensive team was my lvl 70 dupe 4*s this time). Retal using the same team and let Thanos be the last one standing. Wait for about 5 minutes to let the 1*s heal and start again. Sometimes we get some defensive wins. At 417 pts with 12 wins and 0 health packs used.
    OJSP, master MMR manipulator.
    I still miss the underwater screenshots.
  • DAZ0273
    Thanos PvP is brutal on healthpacks.  :D 

1) It's two Court Death to both teammates unless you deliberately lower the other two enemies' health to get both them knocked out with one Court Death.

2) Alternatively, you use an AoE to knock out all three opponents. 

3) Use loaner Thanos

4) Switch Thano's black to 3 covers

5) Others?

What are your strategies?
    She isn't boosted but I'm using 4* Elektra - her shadowstep can absorb a count death so if fire it before you kill someone you have 2 characters unaffected by CD. Third character depends on who I am fighting and obviously Elektra will not survive against boosted 4* teams too long.
  • DAZ0273
    I've just been powering through, I was able to push to 700 with Gho5t Rider (452)/Chavez (290) until I ran out of health and dropped a 3hr shield. But there are a select group of characters that are able to mitigate 3* thanos's self-harm, I was more into figuring out who could do something about it earlier in my 4* transition and have forgotten some of it. 

I believe that Spider-Woman's black can reduce it, as can Colossus's yellow.
    Vision's yellow can for sure.
    Vulture can be airborne, and can feed him green, or use the green himself, probably himself is the better option.
    Bring somebody with a true heal, like 3* Rocket

I dont' know that lowering his black to 3 is that great - it's the worst ratio of offensive damage to self damage, so you're kind of getting the worst of both worlds with that one. Bringing the loaner really puts a target on you for defense, but it is an option i suppose. 

Don't leave the loaner out on defence...unless you tell us what slice you are playing! 😀
  • DAZ0273
    I made it to 854 before the hits really rolled in and I had to shield! Will finish this up tomorrow, I can smell that Nova Corps uniform waiting!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn’t using a loaner lol. Also I got up to 825 before I got slammed back down into the 300s. This new MMR is so terrible lol
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I started with loaner and 2 1*, but on the third seed team I was distracted by my youngest (wanting help with subnautica, as if I have a clue) and left my max-champed Thanos in place instead.  Ah well.  I just left it at that.

A surprising number of defensive wins have come my way.

• HoundofShadow
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions and feedbacks. Using Elektra, Colossus, going airborne and using loaner with 1-star characters or low level characters are interesting strategies that didn't cross my mind. The results for the last strategy are amazing. I'm going to try it next time since it doesn't work for me now.

I've hit my 40 wins and called it a day.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(02/08/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    That’s a lot of Prof X. Hmmmm...:
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Had to be a blue PX in the story progression.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclops rewards are grossly out of order, and they are coming at an appropriate time for a new feeder.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2019
    Is February a special month for any TV, series, comics or whatever promotions for X-Men characters? Or is it because there's nothing special going on and that's why they can slot in something for X-Men this month?

Jan 19 - Fantastic Four
    Feb 19 - ???
    Mar 19 - Captain Marvel
    April 19 - End Game
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby
    I believe there is a typo on the dates doe the upcoming PvP Matchmaking Events. That, or my cold is so bad I forgot I already played it....