Games taking longer to start

starfall
starfall Posts: 1,727 Chairperson of the Boards
Anyone else find that it's taking even longer to start a game with the new update?

Back in the day, you'd get the loading screen, then straight into the game.

Then a little while ago, a new stage of loading was introduced: between the two previous stages, you'd see the gemboard, dimmed out, for a while. I can't remember when this started to happen, maybe around update 3.0?

Now there's a third stage; just before the dimmed gemboard, the screen goes black. Sometimes, for a very long time, and I start turning my phone off and on again to see if there's something wrong with it.

Is it just me, or is everyone else getting this? Is this trend going to continue in the future? 

Comments

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm getting this too.  Its very annoying, since I can't tell if its my phone bugging out or the app.

Nice to know I'm not the only one.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Happens to me as well. It's almost like they are intentionally slowing down certain areas to keep us in the app longer...
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I was lagging into "unplayable" territory last night before bed on various load screens.  But it had resolved this morning.  No one else in my coalition was having an issue at the time, just me.  Other apps were running normally.

My guess would be some odd targeted server-side issue, possibly due to the current updated version.  Similar to how profiles lagged severely in updating for many individual accounts.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    starfall said:
    I'm glad this has been moved to the bugs forum, because maybe it will be fixed now.
    You must be new here  :D  :D