Fantastic Four Celebration! *Updated (1/28/19)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm excited to learn about God Emperor Doom's abilities. I feel the same about Mr Fantastic. He's fine as it is. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Anon said:
    GOD EMPEROR DOOM!

FINALLY!
    Unfortunately, now we have to question: Will God Doom be an actual character, or just the next in app purchase for a PNG costume?
    Emperor God Doom will, in fact, be a playable character.
    More importantly, is he 5*?
    Because I'm going to be inconsolable if one of the few characters missing from the game for me ends up being 4* and thus never used.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Anon said:
    GOD EMPEROR DOOM!

FINALLY!
    Unfortunately, now we have to question: Will God Doom be an actual character, or just the next in app purchase for a PNG costume?
    Emperor God Doom will, in fact, be a playable character.
    More importantly, is he 5*?
    Because I'm going to be inconsolable if one of the few characters missing from the game for me ends up being 4* and thus never used.
    There’s just as much chance he could be a 5* you would never use too like 75% of the ones released.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe they're going to give him some 4ocket-esque FF affiliation bonus? That could be pretty cool.
    He already has such a bonus: if you pair him with another FF member, his yellow passive will generate green AP in addition to healing you.  I guess people forget about it because it provides no benefit to Mr F himself (although it will benefit any of his partners except Bag-Man).
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    -snip-
    Curious to hear about the character releases, since... you know, we should be getting one this Thursday. They sometimes take weeks off, and sometimes do two back to back (usually good for a 5* and a 4*), so it's "every 2 weeks, most of the time." But still, it'd be nice to have something a tiny bit more concrete. Kinda want to see how they plan to juggle the 5/4/4 pattern (that they usually stick to) with the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
    Due to the holiday season messing with the release schedule a bit, the next character will be released next week, as opposed to this week.
    That's disappointing, but thanks for the info nonetheless!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does this also mean we'll be starting a season where no new characters are added to the token pools?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Does this also mean we'll be starting a season where no new characters are added to the token pools?
    Indeed.  Dilution will not increase for the next 5 weeks, at least.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,165 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder if Doom or Namor will be the first 6*, and we are finally in the era of a fixed 4* tier that I thought was coming when the odds went flat on 4s...
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    His blue is fine, maybe change his Yellow to give a mix of blue and green.

The only real tweak Mr Fantastic needs, is to have the ability to stack multiple Imaginauts - maybe have extra ones deal less damage, but at least give him the ability to deal real 4* damage.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I'm surprised Reed is getting another rework. I actually used him as a reference in the 5* Doc Ock rework thread. Reed got a perfectly fine rework that made that gave him a good role. I would have thought Aunt Petunia's Favorite Nephew would be the go to character for a rework.

That said, God Doom AND Namor? Hell yes! Two of my most requested characters.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,915 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Brigby said:
    JHawkInc said:
    -snip-
    Curious to hear about the character releases, since... you know, we should be getting one this Thursday. They sometimes take weeks off, and sometimes do two back to back (usually good for a 5* and a 4*), so it's "every 2 weeks, most of the time." But still, it'd be nice to have something a tiny bit more concrete. Kinda want to see how they plan to juggle the 5/4/4 pattern (that they usually stick to) with the upcoming Captain Marvel movie.
    Due to the holiday season messing with the release schedule a bit, the next character will be released next week, as opposed to this week.
    @Brigby

Can you tell us if Doom and Namor are 4s or 5s?

(or rather, who is a 4 and who is a 5?)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God Emperor Doom should be a 5*. It's going to be disappointing if he's a 4*. I don't mind a 5/3 version. :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God Emperor Doom should be a 5*. It's going to be disappointing if he's a 4*. I don't mind a 5/3 version. :)
    There's already a 3* Doom, so he might just be a 5*.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby

Can you tell us if Doom and Namor are 4s or 5s?

(or rather, who is a 4 and who is a 5?)
    Both are 5s that will be released simultaneously, in the vein of First Avenger Steve and IM46!

I'd love to see the storm here on the forums if that were actually to be the case.
    Oh, poop, we're going to get the Alliance Civil War event (now called Civil War II) with tokens for the vault featuring one of these two 5-stars as top rewards for the event, aren't we?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    God Emperor Doom is great news! And Namor, finally! I hope they are 4*s though, as any 5* release is essentially a character 99% of the player base will never properly experience. As for the Mr. F rebalance, I'm all for it. He became a functional character after the last rebalance, but he was still far from good. Thing needed it way more, but maybe he's getting it next?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Straycat said:
    Yepyep said:
    I couldn't figure out the synergy either until your comment. So, Mr F creates two fortified shield tiles. Then Bishop's power removes two -- which in this case only removes their fortification (I think; am I right?). Thus you still have two shield tiles remaining and the next round you get another 3 blue AP. That's a lot closer to self-sustaining...

Nah it just removes the shields and leaves a fortified basic tile.
    Still, he wasn't that good, hopefully they make him better even if it removes a synergy that few would have been able to experience.
    Thanks, I had it exactly backwards... Too  bad it works this way. I  didn't know, 'cause my Bishop is 2/2/4.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    <snip> And yes, both God Emperor Doom and Namor will be playable characters coming soon to Marvel Puzzle Quest, so keep an eye out for more info!
    Yay! Namor finally! :D
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really think this week would be an excellent opportunity to give Silver Surfer a “Quality of Life” boost too. Similar to doc ock where his health & match damage are bumped up in line with newer 5s. His red and black could use a moderate damage bump as well.

As for the rebalance of MrF, I really like him as is. Nervous to see how he’s tweaked and curious why he was chosen. I would much rather see that effort directed towards buffing older 5s specifically Phoenix. ( also bssm, banner, iron man , wasp etc )

always happy to see 5* feeders though so I am grateful for that. 
  • Vengeance
    Vengeance Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Agree with J1P.  Surfer needs a rebalance and don't screw up Mr. F.