Is there any reason why Prodigal Sun couldn't have given a free Spider Ham cover?

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
I was half hoping the original Sentry cover would have been upgraded to a Spider Ham cover. At least then we'd always get a cover when the event ran, much like the Howard the Duck event.

But it was just Sentry as always.

I'm hoping this is just an oversight. Otherwise I hope the way to get covers for him isn't going to be PvP placement or vaults.

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    I'm 28 of 80 draws in the Spider-Ham and Friends Vault currently. Guess which cover I've failed to draw? Plenty of two-stars, and a couple three stars, but no Spider-Ham cover. I guess I should be happy with my 1-1-3 build of the character, as it's not going to get above that for the foreseeable future...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was half hoping the original Sentry cover would have been upgraded to a Spider Ham cover. At least then we'd always get a cover when the event ran, much like the Howard the Duck event.

But it was just Sentry as always.

I'm hoping this is just an oversight. Otherwise I hope the way to get covers for him isn't going to be PvP placement or vaults.
    Sinister 600?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    I'm 28 of 80 draws in the Spider-Ham and Friends Vault currently. Guess which cover I've failed to draw? Plenty of two-stars, and a couple three stars, but no Spider-Ham cover. I guess I should be happy with my 1-1-3 build of the character, as it's not going to get above that for the foreseeable future...
    Same but with about 38 pulls. Bleh.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    sentry's a generally available 3*, and your asking them to replace it with a limited availability 4*...

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't there two Hams in the progression rewards?
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Quebbster said:
    That was because it was a 7 day event.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,733 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:
    sentry's a generally available 3*, and your asking them to replace it with a limited availability 4*...

Yes, but PS runs like once a year, and they are apparently comfortable handing out free Howard’s every couple months when they run Webbed Wonder.

I am curious how they will offer future SHam covers, since they said he’s going to be about as available as Howard.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't really see a reason why Prodigal Sun should have given a Spider-Ham cover, but I am interested in how they're going to reward him in the future.

And as someone who took 70+ pulls to get him out of the vault, I'm a little miffed that I just got an update that has a 7500HP bundle with three Spider-Ham covers...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Phumade said:

you make it sound unreasonable that an event would give away a limited 4*. Howard the Duck is a thing. And you're making my point for me, Sentry is very easy to get hold of these days, so much like Hulk, giving one away as a freebie for making it through the event feels redundant. Less so than Hulk since you can get his covers through everyone's fave 2*, Moonstone.

Quebbster said:
    Sure. But the next time Prodigal Sun happens, you won't get those.
  • bluewolf
    Now we know the reason!  Head on over the the HfH store where you can spend 7500 HP for a bundle of 3 Spider-Ham covers, and 6 CP.  Act fast, ends in less than 48 hours....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    They said he would be limited similar to Howard.  So I suspect he will either have his own PvE event coming soon that we don't know about or get a free cover shoved into something else spider themed.  I'm glad they didn't shove him into Prodigal Sun because it wouldn't make any sense to.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since Prodigal Sun centres around Sentry, naturally, it gives Sentry cover. Just like how one of the PvEs gives Hulk cover and the other one gives Howard. Because there are thematic links.

However, they could include Spider-Ham cover to replace one of the personal progression rewards in Sinister 6 boss event though

I just saw the H4H deal and it seems pretty decent. 3 covers for 7500 HP with 6CP, 5000 iso-8 and 6 Elite Tokens.

I hope they can come up with similar deals for Taskmaster or Howard the Duck.
  • bluewolf
    Well, there WAS a Taskmaster offer around the time he was introduced, which also included Devil Dinosaur covers.  I bought it and finished Taskie off.

I hope they just keep offering Howard covers in Webbed Wonder.  For most players, he's now one of the 4's you'll most frequently get covers for.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phumade said:

you make it sound unreasonable that an event would give away a limited 4*. Howard the Duck is a thing. And you're making my point for me, Sentry is very easy to get hold of these days, so much like Hulk, giving one away as a freebie for making it through the event feels redundant. Less so than Hulk since you can get his covers through everyone's fave 2*, Moonstone.

Quebbster said:
    Sure. But the next time Prodigal Sun happens, you won't get those.
    Soo what do you plan to give up? For the free spider ham?

they treat this as a zero sum game.  Rob peter to pay Paul.  If they replace the 3* star with a 4*,  then they will compensate by reducing another 4* event
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    Well, there WAS a Taskmaster offer around the time he was introduced, which also included Devil Dinosaur covers.  I bought it and finished Taskie off.

I hope they just keep offering Howard covers in Webbed Wonder.  For most players, he's now one of the 4's you'll most frequently get covers for.
    I just hope I start getting other colors for Howard, he’s currently 3/2/7. Thank god for saved covers.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    bluewolf said:
    Now we know the reason!  Head on over the the HfH store where you can spend 7500 HP for a bundle of 3 Spider-Ham covers, and 6 CP.  Act fast, ends in less than 48 hours....
    No, thank you. I prefer duck to ham. And Spam over either one.

Loosie said:
    bluewolf said:

I just hope I start getting other colors for Howard, he’s currently 3/2/7. Thank god for saved covers.
    3/8/4 for me...