The Grand Experiment: Can you transition to 5*s pulling as you go as a progession-only F2P player?

Comments

• BigSoftieFFBigSoftieFF Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I’d like to get a Strange out of that store if possible. Other than Doom he’s my only unrostered character.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,409 Chairperson of the Boards
    IM40 and Mockingbird champion levels from Earths Mightiest put me over 25

kitty: purple (1/2/0)
    edited 17 January 2019, 16:22
    As much as I'd also like more covers for 5trange (3/0/0), I don't expect to get any meaningful number of attempts at it, so I'm just going to stay in Latest.

30cp from progression in Thick As Thieves

Bucky: Blue (6th saved)

14cp left over.

I got an organic pull of Grey Suit Widow to get my replacement champable. Still working on 3* Carol before I move my bonus hero back to The Hood for ghost rider covers.
    10cp from Hotshot got me

domino:Black (3rd saved, working on the iso for her now)
    LT from the Nightcrawler crash:

Bucky: Blue (7th saved)

Sitting on 14cp right now, but i'm really hoping I come up with another 100hp before this Doom vault closes to get another 10-pack. I got both Beast covers on my first one, I wouldn't mind landing that Doctors token. I also need another 70k to champ Domino, then I can run my nonsense team of Nightcrawler/Domino/Professor X in simulator now that it's open.
    3* Thor gave me an Lt

4* Lord: Red (5th saved)
    edited 19 January 2019, 07:13
    Went went up a Shield tank, champed Domino for an LT

4ocket: green

I was able to get a Doom token- it was also a Rocket, had a bonus 10th cover for Prowler. I moved my bh to Bishop

Decided not to save up for Reyes in HfH, spent 25 in latest

Lockjaw:Green (3cp champ level)

10cp leftover
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should give us a running total when you pull in terms of your 5* rate and bonus hero rate, if it’s not too much extra work. 
    I have a spreadsheet running on running on the side to track that, shouldn’t be too hard to set it up
    Managed to hit 1200pts in hotshot, second time I’ve ever done it. I was in 15th place when I popped an 8hr Shield. 

Miles: Yellow

3cp leftover
    Got that LT from the Galactus vault

Kraven: Blue

been throwing iso into Gho5t Rider, he is in the 330s now. I’ll get him up to 345 to match Thano5 and 5* Lord and stop till I get that last cover. I’m still looking for the right wingmen for him, so far Main Event and Chavez have been working pretty well.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    You planning to transition with Rider as your sole champ?
    edited 21 January 2019, 15:41
    Ideally I’d have some Latest 5* on his heels, but...

austin powers
    edited 21 January 2019, 01:03
    I don’t think he is the worst 5*, and he actually teams pretty well with a bunch of my current 4*s. Vulture/Domino works pretty well, I suspect TA Hulk is good also for keeping green on the board. I just got Cho fully covered, so I may work on champing him next. I have a 5/2/1 Okoye at lvl300 as well, so I could run her with Medusa. I’m sure it’s a bad idea, but it will really help my PVE clear speed I think to have one.
  • justsingjustsing Posts: 391 Mover and Shaker
    I absolutely would not recommend champing GRRR as your first 5* champ. You're better off leveling some of your 5*s to 330-360ish and using them along with your 4*s. If you want to make PVE faster, Kitty, Thano5, Okoye, and Thor are the ones I would focus on, not GRRR.
    I’ve already done that actually. My fast clear team on easy nodes is generally lvl 345 5* Lord/lvl 345 Thano5/4ocket, then I switch to lvl 300 Okoye/Medusa/Chavez or similar.

i think once I get Rider to 13, I’ll move my BH to Chavez and try to get JJ over (4/2/2). I could get Lumbercap there sooner (1/4/4), but I’d rather have a max champ Chavez than Bucky for my trouble...
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    justsing said:
    I absolutely would not recommend champing GRRR as your first 5* champ. You're better off leveling some of your 5*s to 330-360ish and using them along with your 4*s. If you want to make PVE faster, Kitty, Thano5, Okoye, and Thor are the ones I would focus on, not GRRR.
    I don't know. Personally I feel Ghosty isn't a bad choice to have as one's sole 5* champ. His Green can be hit or miss, but it can feed himself and deal solid damage. His Red is useful for the Stun, and is a much better Stun than Cable's Blue. You won't be using it for the damage, since that effectively costs 14AP. His Black is a great nuke. He also has perfect coverage with Coulson, and can go well with a number of the usual top 4*, like America, Nico, Carol, Peggy. Vulture.

In general, I feel that any 5* not named Wasp, Banner, or Fatpin is viable as one's sole 5* champ.
    That aligns with my read on him-he seems pretty middle of the road for PVP, and solid enough for PVE
    I've been using Robbie (lvl 332 7/4/3)/Valkyrie/Chavez with all three of the +2 to AP boosts you can replenish for iso, and it's been working out great in simulator. Valkyrie keeps you in green, GR and Chavez keep Bounty Hunter triggering and the AP bank full, and you can fire off dragonfang in a pinch if you want to. It's fun in that stuff is just kind of always happening and you mostly just need to worry about "playing" Ghost Rider. I've taken some defensive losses though, so I'm curious what my float points are going to look like now.

With the Bishop that's at the top of Sim, and him being the progression 4 in whatever story is up next, I just went ahead and moved my BH back on to Ghost 4ider for the remainder of the season. Anybody know what the champ tax is on a 5* off hand?

had 2 cp pulls over the weekend from 3* champ levels and the 575 reward in the doom pvp, also the 2700pt season reward. 

Medusa: Yellow
    Spider-Gwen: yellow (5th saved)

Since 1/2/2019 when I began pulling for Kingpin, I've taken:
    35 total draws in Latest
    5 of those were 5*s (still just a single green Kingpin) - 14.28% rate
    4 gave bonus 4*s 
    1 gave a bonus 5*