Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

The Grand Experiment: Can you transition to 5*s pulling as you go as a progession-only F2P player?

Comments

• DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 1,746 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pay attention when the streak breaks and let us know lol. I've never seen a streak that dry for myself, but invariably a dry spell longer than 10 4*s has been broken by a string of 2 or 3 in quick succession.

Just finished sub 3 in Simulator for 30cp, was up to 47. 

Wiccan: Green (2cp champ level)
    Streak broke at 1/30 where I bagged a FA Cap yellow after retreating to Classics.
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 1,717 Chairperson of the Boards
    That doesn’t count as a streak break, that’s a different set of pre-determined pulls...
    10cp from Unstable Iso-8

Prowler: blue (3/2/2)

6cp left over
    edited January 13
    Beat the crash for an LT, plus today’s daily drop was an LT.

p4nther: yellow (2500 is)
    XFW: black (4th saved)
    bonus
    prowler:black (3/2/3)
  • BigSoftieFFBigSoftieFF Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Prowler is getting close to ST ready 😃
    It can be done pretty quickly it turns out lol.

30cp from Unstable iso-8

Elektr4: Black

20cp left over
    I was able to flip a 2* Torch, and that iso let me champ Spider-Woman, who I chose because she was at 209 and had 9 saved covers. The LT got me

lady thor: blue (lvl 279)

The CP got me:
    XFDP: Black (4th saved)
    bonus
    Prowler: Blue (3/3/3)

3cp left over. 1 more prowler and I guess I’ll switch to Bishop for Shield Training readiness even though I want to champ Prowler.
    That doesn’t count as a streak break, that’s a different set of pre-determined pulls...
    In that case I am still screwed then!
    edited January 14
    @DAZ0273 That's why I was saying earlier in the thread that I began tracking my legendary pulls - a dry streak in both can feel like real slap in the face until you realize it's only half as bad as you think it is. With the dry streak you're on, I'd recommend sticking with Latest to see if it breaks with 3-4 in a row like mine seem to.

Last night I noticed that I was within a few hundred points of t500 for the PVP season, so i spent a little time in Simulator (pulled down a pair of Bagman covers, bringing him to 126) to make sure I got the 5cp that comes with that. I ended up finishing 496, so that worked out. That put me up to 13cp (including the loose cp from sub 1 of Thick as Thieves scl9), then today's DDQ had me at 15, and then I went to 575 in Black Vortex to get to 25cp. (from that BV token I got an organic Bishop -2/2/4 also)

Cable: Green (1/3/1)
    Well I currently only have one LT but a few 3* on the cusp of spitting out. I'm also low on CP so probably I need to hoard for a little while which I guess means missing out on Doom's release unless I bag some tokens. As I'm fairly HP positive I might buy out his vault.
    alternatively you could spend as you go...

#OneOfUs
    alternatively you could spend as you go...

#OneOfUs
    I'm considering it. I tend to have lousy luck breaking hoards anyway.
    I'm really curious if the back to back 5* releases are signaling a change in the character release schedule, and thus derailing the experiment. I was really expecting Namor to be a 5* as well, and if he is that'll make 3 unless Victorious (the other character mentioned in the marvel.com article) is a 4* and comes out as playable in between.

Back when the 4* odds went totally flat, I was predicting the tier would slow down and 5* releases were going to pick up, but I think there is a missing element to make that viable for those of us here on the ground floor: multiple feeders for individual characters. I guess time will tell, and in the meantime I'll keep doing what I'm doing, but this thread may be obsolete before it finishes up if things continue along this path.
    I got a few CP champ levels for 2 and 3*s, and the 5e node today put me at 26cp. 

Cyclops: Red (6th saved - 11/5/1, very frustrating lol)
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 16
    I'm really curious if the back to back 5* releases are signaling a change in the character release schedule, and thus derailing the experiment. I was really expecting Namor to be a 5* as well, and if he is that'll make 3 unless Victorious (the other character mentioned in the marvel.com article) is a 4* and comes out as playable in between.

Back when the 4* odds went totally flat, I was predicting the tier would slow down and 5* releases were going to pick up, but I think there is a missing element to make that viable for those of us here on the ground floor: multiple feeders for individual characters. I guess time will tell, and in the meantime I'll keep doing what I'm doing, but this thread may be obsolete before it finishes up if things continue along this path.
    From the video (you can check it out in other thread like the Fantastic Four Week one), I can't tell if Namor is a 4* or 5*. If he is a 5*, then well. This will be the closest consecutive 5* releases ever (IM46 and First Avenger are "simultaneous", not "consecutive" ;) ). Given that there are almost 80 4* in the game, it would make sense if they wanted to slow down the 4* release rate and increase the 5* release rate. If so, they really need to ramp up the acquisition rate of LTs and CPs.

Victorious is Doom's support btw.
    I’ll have to check the video out. We may be in for a 5/5/4 schedule now, but ideally that’s going to come with a longer stint in Latest I guess...

10cp from Earth’s Mightiest and New Scotland Yard got me up to 25

dazzler: Black (LT champ level)
    Riri: Red (5th saved)
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 16
    @ThaRoadWarrior haha your constant updates remind me of that thread where forumites would update their LT results. I forgot why it became defunct; I miss reading about others’ LT pulls. It’s fun to see that sort of resurrected here, albeit in a micro version XD
    I still update mine on my last post in that thread. It's dated April 2017, but I'm still adding my pulls there (and the previous post was from March 2016). So, I have almost 3 years worth of data there. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/669676/#Comment_669676

As the second post becomes longer and longer, I've been tempted to make a new post in that thread. However, the last post in that thread was from October 2017 and with my luck, that would be deemed a necro post and the thread would be locked :lol:
    I just watched the video...Namor's health makes him feel like a 4*, and the damage on Imperious Rex doesn't seem to be doing 5* numbers (it's about twice per tile what my Howard does on Quack Fu 1-2 at level 131), but the Silver Surfer in the background of that team seems to have relatively low health also. I guess we'll see when we see.
    Seems all the Doom stuff is live, i'm not going to throw CP in that store but if I get tokens I'll spend them.
    Well I opened my LT...and got a Kitty red and bonus hero green Cable. So that put it at 1/31 with a +1

I also got the Doom token from his vault which gave me Medusa which gave me a Black Bolt green cover.