The Grand Experiment: Can you transition to 5*s pulling as you go as a progession-only F2P player?

Comments

• ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 2,860 Chairperson of the Boards
    back to back 5torm and Rescue yellow pulls last night. Hopefully this 5torm starts balancing out, that puts her at 1/2/6, but Rescue is 3/2/3 now.

I got Ghost up to 209, so now all my champable 4*s are parked at 209. I do still have Magik and Namor eligible for 209-hood, but not fully covered, so I think I'll work on champing for awhile. I have 5 re-champable 3*s and 15 champable 4*s that just need iso.
    Inexplicable hot streak remains inexplicable. Pulled a green Hela for 5/2/4
    Pulled a 13th Namor over the weekend, for some reason the game really wants me to have him since I've never bh'd him. 

I got my Rock3t up over 223, so Drax is now finished as well. So I have all the feedable 4s at 13. I've moved my BH to Spid3r-Man so that I can be getting incidental Miles Morales (286) covers as I chase JJ/Chavez. The lvl 300 Fi5k will put him champable. 

Hela retired at 5/2/4, so if she gets a feeder I should be alright there eventually.

Probably not going to be in a position to start pulling for Iceman today, but i do have a lot of characters poised to champ with 1-2 LTs queued up in saved covers, so we'll see what happens soon enough. 
    Y'all. I've been fighiting some Icemans in this juggernaut pvp. it is no joke. Iceman/BSSM had no especial synergy, but that stun on blue is nasty. Iceman/Hawkeye was wild. All those cds, all those fortifications, all that AP all over the place. Iceman was at godmode boost, but I feel like that team is going to show up.
    edited August 6
    Rescue is up to 3/2/4. Hopefully I'll get her over before she leaves, i feel like she'll fit in with GE Doom/Okoye pretty well.

I also came to the realization last night that I should just sit my 5* BH on Okoye rather than Jessica Jones at this point. JJ is going to happen in the next 20 chavez covers, and the more Okoyes I can stack up the better before I start building that Shuri. I'd happly do a 3:1 swap to finish her up, so the more I can bank, or get lucky on and add directly, the better. 6/4/1 means I'll have to do the swap or spend another 2/3 year grinding Shuri up.
    Pulled a blue Iceman today, need another 55hp to roster him though. I'm sure it'll show up in no time.
    Got a green 5torm for a 1/3/6

i tried using that single blue cover Iceman in the hulk pvp, and man does that stun work well. Highly recommend chasing Iceman
    got a yellow for iceman...this hot run is outrageous yall
    Got a blue Rescue, up to 4/2/4
    Red Rescue came in last night, at 4/2/5 now. I’m curious if/when she gets a feeder who it’ll be. I suppose hulkbuster? 

I champed Howard the Duck this morning because he had 11 saved. I have a bunch of others with 10+ saved but I don’t recall who all is a feeder and who isn’t at this point. I’ll have to look into it.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be Rescue too. I get their names confused constantly. Both female iron-people. 
    edited August 12
    Riri, yeah. That might be. There are quite a few Irons Man in the game now. I have Hulkbuster up at 288, Riri is poised at 279, so as long as I can land another Yellow before she retires, I'll be good to go for an insta-feed.

I've been trying to hang on to hp now in prep for the anniversary. I have a few 3*s that are lining up for max-champ status that I can flip when it rolls around like I did last year - I'll try and champ Devil D before then also since he's got 8 saved. I'm sure something good will happen before then I'll feel compelled to unload for, but that's the plan for now lol.
    Coming down to the wire here on Rescue; I wonder if she'll slip off into Classic with a whisper, or if I'll get lucky?

Got a Miles today, he's at 287. I'll take all the Mileses and Chavezes you want to throw at me, RNGeezus. Shuris and Buckies while you're at it.
    Pulled a green 5torm, sitting at 1/4/6. Good bottom heavy build for a feeder, but I feel pretty good about finishing her at this rate.
    Got another blue Rescue, at 5/2/5. I should probably save up for X at this point, but I think I’ll push my luck.
    yellow Iceman right on the back of that Rescue, 2/0/1
    Pulled a back to back 5torm/Iceman last night. 2/4/6 and 2/0/2 respectively. Still have my fingers crossed for that last yellow Rescue - I find that she's pretty helpful against those Gritty teams I'm struggling with even unleveled like she is at 255.

Putting her with Bishop (still at 209 as i wait on that last usable cover) when he was boosted last, she can steal enemy tiles on blue and then use that red double tap (or triple tap if there are defends on the board) for cheap with Okoye. 
    Had a real 4* bonus hot streak going. Chavez is up to 335 as of today. My secondary batch of feeders I care about is as follows:

Miles: 287
    Bucky: 288
    Shuri: 289

Some of my random recent 4*s have organically grown to ST readiness through no fault of my own
    Ronin: 3/3/7
    Sabretooth: 4/2/4
    Black Cat: 2/6/4

I'm up to 16 saved Bl4ck Widow covers and 15 saved Carnage covers
    I was on a bit of a dry spell, and it did finally break with a Rescue - but it was a red I had to save at 5/2/6. I’m still not sure when professor X is leaving latest, so it’s possible another will show up.
    That’s good advice, but I just don’t enjoy hoarding.

I’d swap covers on Rescue to finish her, I seem to like her more than most. Probably because I don’t have the big meta teams to compare her to. To my mind, another saved cover if I can’t get a yellow is actually months less time chasing a hypothetical feeder since she needs the middle color. Plus I only need 2 more 5torms, so I’m feeling pretty good about that one.