MPQ Winter Holidays Celebration! *Updated (12/31/18)

Options

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Probably not too many people that want to spend Christmas grinding for top placement.
    Sounds like the perfect time to grind for top placement.
    For the small minority, yes. They should always cater the game towards the majority though. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of my guys that Loves to use Doc Ock, some might know who he is, HATES this buff.  In his words it makes it sound like it will take away some of his usefulness that he found with him.  Yes he isn’t OP and in fact lower tier but for some reason loves him.  
    He's the only 5-star that my son has each of the covers for.  Granted, he's a 1/1/1, but he's still a pretty useful character when you've only got a couple of champed 4-stars if only because of his match damage.  I'll wait to see how the rework looks before passing judgment.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    zodiac339 said:
    S600 for 6 Porker covers sounds good for my folks. Then a 7-day for 2 more progression. I think that’s completely reasonable, though some might call me crazy.
    I might say that you’re a dreamer,
    But you’re not the only one.
    Please don’t make us grind on Christmas,
    And give Spider-Ham to (almost) everyone!

I mean, a Christmas Ham is pretty traditional.
    .Maybe in the form of a growth industry event. That way people arent just given it, but can earn it... We havent had a growth industry since the antman&wasp tie-in events (when we had 3 in a row). Might be nice to earn a limited 4* that way....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Smart80 said:
    shardwick said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Lots of characters to release... but they choose a dupe and a joke... 

OK, I know people like to moan but do you really want to own this statement? I may have missed some, however this is what we got in 2018:

America Chavez

Kraven

Shuri

Valkyrie

Jubilee

Ghost

Wiccan

Jessica Jones

Okoye

Dazzler

Domino

Cable

Bishop

Emma Frost

Prowler

Kitty Pryde

Nebula

Taskmaster

So that means we have had Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Infinity War Spider-man, Infinity War Cap, Infinity War Widow, Loki, Kingpin and Spider-ham as dupes. Oh and Wasp…That is basically a 2:1 ratio.

And as nearly all of the dupes are tied into movies which no doubt required mandated character releases, it is likely there was little wriggle room. The rest are chock filled with fan favourites/requested. Complain if you want but c’mon, don’t you think you are being a bit pedantic here?

Maybe two words missing in my post..

"FOR CHRISTMAS"

What i wanted to say is that at least for me, i expected new characters for christmas time. We had dupes all the year, and i am fed up with them.Maybe we needed something new and desired these days.

If you like these characters,good for you but I will keep on complaining every time they release a dupe. That's good that for you this makes me being a "pedant"...

Probably not too many people that want to spend Christmas grinding for top placement.
    Agreed, if there ever was a call for no timers pve play, its around Xmas time... So Lets hope for a rerun of Sinister 600 over Xmas time for Porker release...
    Maybe they could finally bring back the gauntlet and do a holiday version that rewards double iso, tokens to the holiday vault and Spider Ham covers. 
    LOLOL.  It’s been 20 months since Gauntlet.  
    It was one of the very first events that I did when I was new. I remember getting pissed because 2* Mags was essential, 3* Mags was one of my only rostered 3s, and the game wouldn't let me use him on that node.

Also, for the record, if Spider Ham's pvp event is called "Holiday Ham" then I will bump up my usual survey score by one or two points. And if they actually do bring back the gauntlet and run it more often I'll add one or two more points.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,308 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want to give praise for the way that the Doc Ock rework has been handled.  First, I am happy that they rebalanced him and I now find him a decent option for the sake of variety -not meta-defining, but an improvement within the original design philosophy.  Mine is champed and I'm glad I can try using him in Sim once in a while without looking like a grill.  Second, making him boosted (off schedule) in the Sinister 600 event gives anyone who has him a reason to try him out (even if he's not very leveled) and see what he can do, especially since its an untimed event.  Third, making him available in the Big Bads store means people have an actual chance to get covers for him vs hoping for lottery-winner-luck in Classics.

I am not happy with the Sinister 600 event's rewards combined with brutal score requirements, but otherwise the holiday event is going reasonably well.  Here's hoping week 2 makes me a little happier.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I want to give praise for the way that the Doc Ock rework has been handled.  First, I am happy that they rebalanced him and I now find him a decent option for the sake of variety -not meta-defining, but an improvement within the original design philosophy.  Mine is champed and I'm glad I can try using him in Sim once in a while without looking like a grill.  Second, making him boosted (off schedule) in the Sinister 600 event gives anyone who has him a reason to try him out (even if he's not very leveled) and see what he can do, especially since its an untimed event.  Third, making him available in the Big Bads store means people have an actual chance to get covers for him vs hoping for lottery-winner-luck in Classics.

I am not happy with the Sinister 600 event's rewards combined with brutal score requirements, but otherwise the holiday event is going reasonably well.  Here's hoping week 2 makes me a little happier.
    The issue I have with the Doc Ock rework is it took YEARS to do. He was a joke when he was released and they were told so (like Banner and like Wasp). D3/Demi only moves fast when something hurts them but not when it hurts the players (different conversation).  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @brigby why is Spider-Ham's info wedged into the middle of 12/10?  Is that a copy/paste mistake?  Seems like it should be at the bottom or under a 12/24 section that doesn't currently exist.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    broll said:
    brigby why is Spider-Ham's info wedged into the middle of 12/10?  Is that a copy/paste mistake?  Seems like it should be at the bottom or under a 12/24 section that doesn't currently exist.
    While I understand it's a bit out-of-place listing Spider-Ham's reveal on 12/10, it would've also felt awkward jumping all the way to 12/24, skipping next week's content in the process, just to have Spider-Ham listed on the appropriate day.

What I'll probably do is leave Spider-Ham's reveal on 12/10, and then add "Spider-Ham Available To Play" on 12/24, when I update this with next week's content.
  • Brigby
    Options
    *Updated with information about Week 2!
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    WooHoo!

Double ISO 8 starting 12/17 and running through Christmas. Also getting a feeder (Carnage) for Doc Ock!

Christmas comes early this year and it appears we've all been good! :)

KGB

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Will there be a new versus season next week or will it come after the holiday celebration?
  • Brigby
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Brigby Will there be a new versus season next week or will it come after the holiday celebration?
    Yes. The Soul Stone Versus Season should start next week.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A feeder!!!!!!
    I hope we get more for this holiday event.  
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage as a feeder for Doc Ock?  My level 339 better get another cover before it comes in..
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whooohooooo, feeder!!! Thank you! 
    Xmen feeders still on for Xmas i hope? Cool. Cool cool cool cool cool

And as you’re busy, might as well throw in Kingpin for Kingpin.. no brainer, right? 

Uh oh, Expectations getting Great again....
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL at Snowball Fight PvP! It's gonna turn into Fiery Ball Fight instead.

Strange Sight and HoD is back! What a way to close Christmas with HoD. 

12 days of Marvel? Yeah with 3 free covers!

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Feeder + ISO + 12 Days + covers for a new 4*  (Bishop) and a Limited character (Taskmaster). Huzzah!

Snowball fight and Strange Sights are welcome as well.

And do I see hints of a Week 3 which will include the release event for Spider-Ham, implying there might be more Week 3 content?

The difficulty/reward/players ratios for Sinister 600 aren't great, but this is turning out to be a fantastic series of events. With Ant-Man & The Wasp and the MCU 10-Year and Anniversary, I like the effort the devs are putting into these.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No roster slots discounts yet? If your gift for Christmas is suffering, you're on the right way!

PS: This post might've been a little dramatic on purpose.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Feeder + ISO + 12 Days + covers for a new 4*  (Bishop) and a Limited character (Taskmaster). Huzzah!

Snowball fight and Strange Sights are welcome as well.

And do I see hints of a Week 3 which will include the release event for Spider-Ham, implying there might be more Week 3 content?
    Yeah week 3 would include Xmas. Still hoping for X-Men feeders for Xmas!