Psylocke's flying kick

Straycat
Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
Maybe this is a dumb question, but I just noticed her in the Thick as Thieves token page, doing a flying side kick over Emma Frosts labor for learning. Where did that art come from? All the other character art on the different stores are either their default looks or from their abilities, but not Psylocke's. Are there other characters with hidden extra artwork?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't recall specifically, but I know that I've seen others who have art in stores that isn't in any of their animations. Some of the available character wallpapers also show art that isn't in the game.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yea one example is She-Hulk. Whenever it’s her PvP, there’s art of her in her human form, wearing formal attire.

http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/File:Trial_By_Combat_Comic_%28Season_IX%29_Offer.png
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I assume the character design process is a quite long one and the artists start working on character artwork Before the moveset is finalized, so they do a few general purpose Pictures that may or may not be used.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I assume the character design process is a quite long one and the artists start working on character artwork Before the moveset is finalized, so they do a few general purpose Pictures that may or may not be used.
    Seems that way in the past, although these days they seem to use as few art pieces as possible; in obvious cases the character's default selection pose is also used for an in battle move. Emma Frost comes immediately to mind, and there are others.