Anniversary Bundle: who's buying?

2»

Comments

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    I sometimes buy these bundles and I am not buying the Anniversary bundle
    Now that it's confirmed, both DDino and Tasky are anniversary-only type limited, I definitely wont. The hp is always tempting but I spent far too much on the hp sale as it is. Perhaps the next bundle....
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I sometimes buy these bundles and I am buying the Anniversary bundle
    I've been a steady VIP for awhile now.  In the past, I only bought these bundles when they cost less than VIP. The 5000 HP pushed me over edge on this one. That and it caught me when I had some extra $ available.

After it, and using the HP on the TM H4H, my TM is 2/4/3. Hoping for another red from SIM Progression, then I can probably champ him during the 6th anniversary....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never bought one of these bundles, and this is no different
    No interest in Taskmaster or Dino. More interested in the 5k hp and Anniversary tokens but for $25? Pass.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I didn't buy. I quite like these vault offers and I've not bought HP since my first 6 months playing the game to get roster slots. Now I have a lot of HP in the bank 180k+ that's despite only buying the lowest offer for intercepts and the occasional vault deal.

I'd love to throw money at these every so often as I don't like VIP value but HP doesn't have any worth to me. I only spend it when it's a known quantity what I'm getting. I'd love them to do non HP deals in vaults, remove the HP add more value through supports, cover etc and they would get my money most times I'm sure.

The other reason was Brigby's confirmation task master was a once per year toon, I've seen people say they bought the vault because TM was rare, well that's the reason not to buy. Not having him champed won't affect you at all if you got through the crash. It's not going to matter for a whole year for pvp or any events and I'm sure I can finish him next year anyway. Seems like a waste of money to throw at such a limited one use pony.
  • Banquetto
    Banquetto Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Have never bought anything other than the cheapest HP to get bonus rewards active before, but I bought this one. The 5000 HP was just what I needed to get out of the vine hell I've been in forever - first time since I started playing I had nothing on the vine. :smile:

And then using 1/1/1 Taskmaster to get my first Crash win was pure bonus!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    10 days ago I probably would have bought this, but I've already gotten Taskmaster to 2/5/2 and easily beat his crash. I've also already picked up 16 Devil Dinosaurs in the past 2 weeks, so he's lost some luster.

While I do feel it's a very good value, it would bring Tony to 3/5/3 (+1), which would still be insufficient to champ him. Instead I'll just put him on hold until 6th Anniversary rolls around.
  • gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    I caved and bought it. I like taskmaster too much, the novelty factor alone was huge for me, and with me still being midway through my 4 star build out (42 4*’s champed, 13 fully covered, and every character rostered other than some of the 1*), I still might find some use for him in play through when I play for fun.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,487 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sometimes buy these bundles and I am buying the Anniversary bundle

My "bonus rewards" from my last purchase ran out yesterday.  I hemmed and hawed for a bit, and bought the Anniversary bundle.  I had already reset the Anniversary vault once (I got all the HP, the FFLT, and most of the 4*s,) so the 10-pack and HP were the deciding factor.  I actually did pretty well with the 10 pack - I drew a Peggy and a bunch more HP.

So Taskmaster is champed at 270.  Neat.

• TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I can never justify them due to the low amount of iso they give. I still almost bought it because of the limited character, but I’d never actually use him.