Anniversary Bundle: who's buying?

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
So the anniversary bundle is up.  I've never bought anything in this game in my 4+ years of playing with the exception of 2 dollars a month for intercepts.  This was my first ever exception. I'm a sucker for trophy characters and this one is actually really good and tons of fun.  Buying allowed me to get him to champ +1 for the LT.  Wondering who else purchased.

Cost: $25 USD
3 Taskmaster covers (1 of each power)
3 Devil Dinosaur covers (1 of each power)
5,000 HP
1 Fan Favorites token
10 Anniversary tokens

Anniversary Bundle: who's buying? 107 votes

I sometimes buy these bundles and I am buying the Anniversary bundle
42%
Dragon_NexusafsplatPorkBellyColognoisseurxKOBALTxjanderlickGrimSkalddr tinykittylovepillaroffaith23moss04MattjimfgravelBlindman13Kwahderrdvargas1WarbringaLopan15ArticyularQubortKevmcg 46 votes
I sometimes buy these bundles and I am not buying the Anniversary bundle
16%
sinnerjflkillercoolTheRealJRadLystrata[Deleted User]n25phillyjayx_2badsajYepyepNotBAMFXavier_McKahmonShintok17NeonBluespidyjedi84ShowdereEd_DragonriderMegaBee 18 votes
I always buy these bundles, this is no different
9%
CubRobCarnifexxbeyonderbubTwomp_thaDJLLohmthechairmantherightwayedamongoosehelix72MrEd95 10 votes
I've never bought one of these bundles, and this is no different
30%
Thanoszulux21NeuromancerrixmithDartmaster01TiggidafmftintnorthnorthExoOnefrachrStevO-JHendrossPongieBasepuzzlerCHRISJNMoosePrimePolarPopBearWEBGASThe Viceroy ReturnsGoBucsGo 33 votes

Comments

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If they can extend this H4H through to Friday when I am a tad more liquid (just back from vacation), I’d buy it. I’ve been FTP for a couple of years now and am nearing day 1000, and would have purchased it in a heartbeat if I hadn’t just spent way more money on vacation than I should have. 

This is the first offer in ages that was truly seen as worth it for me. 

@Brigby any chance this H4H offer could be extended until Friday? 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My answer isn't up there:

I never buy these bundles, but I did buy this one (I drunk).
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm happy supporting the game with the $10/month VIP. To go beyond that would require something that would noticeably improve my experience. Though I think Taskmaster is kind of cool, I'll never use him given that I have a bunch of champed 5*'s and 4*'s well over level 300.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Had it been any other time, I might've bought it. Money's way too tight right now, though.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There wasn’t an option for my choice 

i went for the last option as I’ve never bought before 

however i I am thinking of getting this but have to check my budget first 
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too expensive for what's offered there. Remove everything but the Taskmaster covers and maybe halve that price and that might be reasonnable.

30$ is the price of a quality indie game...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    My answer isn't up there:

I never buy these bundles, but I did buy this one (I drunk).
    Yep, as the creator of the poll I realized that when I went to vote and saw I didn't create an option that reflected my situation (same as yours sans the alcohol).  Sorry!
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rixmith said:
    I'm happy supporting the game with the $10/month VIP. To go beyond that would require something that would noticeably improve my experience. Though I think Taskmaster is kind of cool, I'll never use him given that I have a bunch of champed 5*'s and 4*'s well over level 300.
    This is, word for word, my exact response to the OP. 

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I bought it.  I've been having a blast opening the tokens from the Anniversary vault so between this offer and the HP it's given me it's like being able to open another (3) 10 packs in the vault.
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I ONLY buy these bundles now, since I find they are the best deals the game has offered thus far (I had bought VIP at one point as well as few HP sales before these bundles were a thing).

That being said, I never plan to use TM or DD, so while I bought 90% of previous bundles, I will not buy this one.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options

I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward "no."  I spend $10 a month on the VIP, and I'm willing to buy the bundle if they give me something above and beyond the VIP bundle, particularly if it's been nearly a month since I've paid for something.  Here's my points "for:"

- It's been almost a month since I bought a bundle, so this would get my bonus rewards for another month

- This would actually finish my Taskmaster exactly.

Against:

- I'm a 5* player, Taskmaster, even champed, won't actually end up doing anything

- The other tokens are neat, but not really that much better than VIP - I'm mostly looking at the LT/FFLT as useful.

- Devil Dino covers are "whatevah"

- I spent on one of the recent bundles, and will probably not want to do this every month...

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd be on the fence about buying it, especially after spending during the HP sale just prior to anniversary season. My Devil Dino and Taskmaster are too low covered to make this purchase worth it for me, though, and at least Devil Dino might be sold if I need a roster slot in a tight pinch... I've bought in the past for 3-stars and HP that were no brainers for the rewards I would be getting from them with that many covers, but on this particular one, I'm not biting. Even with the 10 token draws. I know what's left in my anniversary vault, and the chances of me just getting the remaining 2-stars is way too high...
  • Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If it was the same deal only more in the realm of a micro-transaction, I'd consider it. I don't feel like I'm getting $25 worth of an experience, not to besmirch those that do. If it was this and unlock a repeatable Story event or Prologue extension, then you might get my attention.

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do VIP each month. The only other pack I've ever bought was that beginner pack that was 8 bucks or so. I bought this pack purely because it gets Taskmaster to exactly 13 covers. The rest was quite welcome as well. The FF tie-in got me a black OML cover, making him 5/1/2. A yellow cover would have been nicer, but I'm certainly not complaining. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Needed the HP; I wanted Taskmaster and Dino covers; liked the other stuff that came with it; the price was fair...so yeah I was okay with this one.

I WON'T be okay if tomorrow there's another better one like they did a few weeks ago.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Eh. I don't buy bundles, and Taskmaster isn't going to break that for me.
  • Loosie
    Loosie Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've never bought, but this one is tempting.
  • Twomp_thaDJ
    Twomp_thaDJ Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I always buy these bundles, this is no different
    Always buy, except for the ones that came at us concecutively.. I only bout 2 outta that mess
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm considering it. I think the only bundle I've bought is the one that had three 4* R&G covers - can't remember what else was in it. Usually I'm content with my $2 a month for intercepts.

On one hand, I think Taskmaster looks like great fun to play, and since I have no 5-star with more than seven covers, the 4-star tier is still very relevant to me. I imagine a champed Taskmaster could be partnered with all kinds of different and fun teams in the Sim every season. It would also likely irritate your opponents, as they would never know exactly what to expect, unless they took the time to check your roster and see exactly how he was specced out pre-battle.

On the Other hand, I don't need or want any more Devil Dino (she's parked at 3/5/5 , level 172 with a few saved covers - that's good enough for her Crash).
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So far havent bought any, since HFH was introduced. Good to those who need it.