MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    broll said:
    slabag said:
    Why would a 5* character (which by their nature are limited releases) be designated a limited character?  

That doesn’t make sense, I’m not even seeing where that logic leap would come from.
    I don't know.  All I asked was for confirmation.  It's not an unreasonable question.  There's no rule that says there can't be a limited character at a certain tier.  All I want is someone with the clout to say definitively, yes or no.
    Cable is not a Limited character. Taskmaster is a Limited character.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    A taskmaster crash in 2 weeks? How?
    My guess is he'll be highly available from vaults.  He also might be offered in multiple anniversary events.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was the 3 4* rewards in 1 or both alliance events.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    slabag said:
    Why would a 5* character (which by their nature are limited releases) be designated a limited character?  

That doesn’t make sense, I’m not even seeing where that logic leap would come from.
    I don't know.  All I asked was for confirmation.  It's not an unreasonable question.  There's no rule that says there can't be a limited character at a certain tier.  All I want is someone with the clout to say definitively, yes or no.
    Cable is not a Limited character. Taskmaster is a Limited character.
    Thanks.

I would throw a like, but there's the whole Taskmaster is part lol.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well for civil war my alliance splits up. So I'm sure for this new raid event somehow we will all do the same part of it lol.

Good looking anniversary in general though.

• BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Why the flip is Taskmaster limited in the first place? So you can throw him behind some special vault or H4H offer to make some extra bucks off the folks who want an edge? I've covered 5-stars quicker than the time it took me to FINALLY finish Dino & Howard, not looking forward to having chase another limited 4-star. And this one's actually worth chasing. Can only pray to the MPQ gods that he won't get the Devil Dino treatment, and only be available ONE TIME during the entire year. Not a fan of the 1 cover per event run format that Howard has either, but at least you can count on that a few times per year.  Way to kill my anniversary excitement. Will just take my double Iso-8 I suppose. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    So no Anniversary Vault with Dino this year?
    What? Why wouldn't he be in the Anniversary vault? Brigby didn't post all of the info but a lot of events reward tokens to the Anniversary vault.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Double ISO and a new alliance event are nice, but I'm hoping a bit more (unannounced stuff) gets thrown our way. 5 years seems special enough to party harder than the same thing we've had in past anniversaries.

New characters don't make an anniversary special. Two new characters show up every month. Making a highly-requested one with an awesome power set limited actually makes this part of it disappointing.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Happy 5th Anniversary Honey! (You bought your wife a fine piece of jewelry.)
    Happy 5th Anniversary Babe! (She got you a limited edition sock) - you’ll get the other sock sometime next year...hopefully.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not a fan of another 5* so soon, I'll have no CP to chase it after using it all getting Kitty. Also, another limited character is pointless. I still haven't finished Dino! 

The alliance event looks potentially interesting though. 
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    edited October 2018
    Did I read right? TWO weeks of double iso events?  This includes story events too, right? 
  • Brigby
    edited October 2018
    *Added details about Login Gift, and Anniversary Vault and Store!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Looks like you made great effort, nice!

Few questions:
    - are the limited DDQ crashes with FF tokens additional or instead of the normal LT?
    - is Cable “release” really starting on monday? Will he get a release vault and in what event can we earn tokens for it?
    - all events have double iso and LRs also mention double... soooo, quadruple iso? Pushing it, i know, and i just reached post-iso couple weeks ago, but just curious...

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Double ISO and a new alliance event are nice, but I'm hoping a bit more (unannounced stuff) gets thrown our way. 5 years seems special enough to party harder than the same thing we've had in past anniversaries.

New characters don't make an anniversary special. Two new characters show up every month. Making a highly-requested one with an awesome power set limited actually makes this part of it disappointing.
    For a minute there, i thought this was another Infinity War tie in.  At least the 4* from that event wasnt limited...
  • jsmjsmjsm00
    jsmjsmjsm00 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Taskmaster is by far my favorite character and I am super sad that they are limiting him.
  • Mjsleftglove
    Mjsleftglove Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Taskmaster is limited
    Fan favorites store has OML
    I hope this raid is fun because this anniversary seems pretty lame
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have loved to have had a crack at that anniversary store with Strange and OML in but used up all my CP trying to get OML from the previous store with no results. Not falling for that one again. 
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    XFW, IW Spider-Man, and MEH Hulk as 4* Fan Favorites?....I don't think so
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Features Peggy Carter, Emma Frost, and Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)

*Flips table*

My Emma is 2 covers shy of going to lvl 209. I will get one from progression in the upcoming story event and I'm not sure where the 2nd is coming from. 

Just arrrrgh.
  • Brigby
    Smart80 said:
    Looks like you made great effort, nice!

Few questions:
    - are the limited DDQ crashes with FF tokens additional or instead of the normal LT?
    - is Cable “release” really starting on monday? Will he get a release vault and in what event can we earn tokens for it?
    - all events have double iso and LRs also mention double... soooo, quadruple iso? Pushing it, i know, and i just reached post-iso couple weeks ago, but just curious...

1) I'll see if I can find that event on a test build. My guess is that it replaces the normal Legendary Token, but I'll try and check that for you.
    2) I added it to the Monday section, since that's likely when we'll reveal full details about Cable, per the usual schedule. He will likely be available in game starting the following Thursday. Having said that though, I can understand the confusion, so I'll list it under Thursday instead.
    3) All Anniversary Season events have double iso-8, but lightning rounds aren't part of seasons, so I added that line just to clarify that it does contain double iso-8 as well.