MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Brigby said:

Post your best forum-appropriate, funny/awesome Marvel picture, and you might just get Cable details early! ;)

It's hard to top Nextwave when it comes to stuff like this.

Given the circumstances, I'm surprised you didn't go with this one:
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still waiting on a 5star feeder or 2
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    broll said:
    1 free token, 1 free 3* cover - I mean, you’re all cheering like this is good.  They did more during antman & wasp release.

Congrats all;  the bar is so low, an essentially normal season with double iso for 2 weeks and an accelerated release schedule passes for a “celebration”

All events during the anniversary will be giving these out.  I'm too lazy to do the math, but it's probably 30 or more tokens if you're doing the events. 

And this is just what they've announced now.  They undoubtedly have more surprises they are holding back so they can keep the hype training going with more announces every few days / once a week.

So far this seems like it could be the best anniversary since I've been playing (3rd, 4th, 5th).  At worse on par with the 3rd.  
    They have not earned the right for that level of blind faith that there’s more to come.  In fact, nothing about their history says that as we people thought the same thing during IW and how little was done.  
    Blind faith?  It says it in there...

Not sure which you're part you're indicating is blind faith so I'll address both since they're both in there.

Tokens from Events:
    Brigby said:
    • All events during Anniversary Season award Double Iso-8 and Anniversary Vault token
    More to come:
    Brigby said:
    (Please Note: We will be continuously updating this list with more info as the Anniversary progresses.)

~~~~
    • More details to come!
    I'm not one to give out blind faith, especially now.  I've been debating leaving because I don't like the direction the game seems to be going.  I'm just going on what's said in the post.
    In retrospect it looks like “more to come” meant details about the alliance event and about Cable. With a week left, I don’t think we are getting anymore anniversary surprises. Just the details on what’s been revealed. Sad. 
  • LLohm
    LLohm Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree. This anniversary will rock if they announce the rest of the feeders and perhaps also give newbies who just started this game some hope in non random acquisition of 5* they might want to collect.

It will still be a long road for anybody starting out now but at least some light at the end of a long and arduous journey.
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Chavez feeds jj October 19th
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Added details about MPQ 5th Anniversary Offer, Login Gift, and America Chavez Champion Reward Update.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    oh well then on Friday JJ becomes my first fully covered 5*- she's 4-4-4 now
  • pfarewell
    pfarewell Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Just one feeder? No character rebalances? Very disappointing.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Really didnt see that one coming... was convinced another Defender would feed her.

Whats best link between the 2?
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Really didnt see that one coming... was convinced another Defender would feed her.

Shoulda been 4-Star Luke Cage really...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:

Strong and punch a lot?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does this mean Dr Strange's feeder could be next? It feels like Iron Spidey could be the one.
  • Smart80
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Smart80 said:

Strong and punch a lot?
    Lol, dont think we’ll get much further than that to ge honest..

well, did see something of The Wizzer having a cameo on season 2 of JJ and he would have been the husband of a different version of Ms America? 
    Gotta say that this goes way beyond my Marvel knowledge, but think we can officially stop all speculations after this one...
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does this mean Dr Strange's feeder could be next? It feels like Iron Spidey could be the one.
    Iron Spidey already feeds Black Suit Spider-Man. I can totally understand why you forgot or didn't know already.
  • CHRISJN
    CHRISJN Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Smart80 said:

Strong and punch a lot?

well, did see something of The Wizzer having a cameo on season 2 of JJ and he would have been the husband of a different version of Ms America? 
    Gotta say that this goes way beyond my Marvel knowledge, but think we can officially stop all speculations after this one...
    Or we can speculate the next feeder is not related to anyone except the character is either heroes or villains.. maybe like ghost to feed kitty pryde or nebula to gambit...

• Smart80
    Options
    CHRISJN said:
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Smart80 said:

Strong and punch a lot?

Or we can speculate the next feeder is not related to anyone except the character is either heroes or villains.. maybe like ghost to feed kitty pryde or nebula to gambit...

Ghost and Kitty both phasers. Kinda like JJ and AC both like to punch people perhaps, but its a somewhat shared power and could dig that. 

To find anything on Nebula/Gambit, i would need a lot more imagination... :-)

Orrrrr, this is a spoiler that Chavez in coming to next season JJ? 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just one feeder? No Strange, or Kitty for anniversary?

As it is, we are not even catching up to new 5* releases.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

With a 2/5/3 Jessica Jones and level 295 America Chavez I'm moderately happy.  Only another 45 levels then JJ is 4/5/4 and with a saved cover.

Of course, if they'd chosen someone I had that was already at 340 I'd be ecstatic.

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe America feeds Jessica because they're both very popular in the game? Isn't that enough?