Sphinx's Decree causes game to soft lock [Fix in 3.0]

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
It's not consistent, but 7 times out of the 11 that I have put down Sphinx's Decree during a match, with Teferi exclusively, the game soft-locked. I can check the battle log and quit but the turn never resolves and I am unable to continue through the match.

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Game froze after SD cast in second round playing with Elspeth in HOD.

nothing else on the board. 
  • magusnebula
    magusnebula Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same here with SD and Elspeth in HOD

• Tremayne
    Options
    And once again. SD hits the board and the game shuts down.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There are 2 or 3 people in my coalition that have had this happen as well. 
  • Shibata
    Shibata Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This needs to be addressed immediately.  It's the worst type of bug.  People will throw that card into their decks just to cost other people points.  You don't have to cast it yourself, but you can bet the AI will.  

Please fix this ASAP.  It's hurting way too many people
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me too, but I only know because I looked in the Battle Log and it's the last entry.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sphinx's Decree and Immortal Sun make the game super laggy when they are played, been like that since they came out.

It hasn't directly caused a crash for me yet but I definitely get nervous whenever one of them hits the field.
  • ninjark
    ninjark Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Sphinx's Decree causes a game lock the moment the opposing player has a spell in hand.

You can only play through an opposing Sphinx Decree while your hand has zero spells.  As soon as a spell is drawn, the game stops.

Even with a zero spell deck, using a card like Etali can put a spell in your hand and cause the game to lock.

What's worse is that we had an X or more spell objective in HoD this weekend.  So if you had an opponent who could play white, you're choosing to miss that objective by using zero spells, or chancing it and hoping your opponent does not cast a Decree.  
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'll relay the information you all have provided to the team for investigation, and I'll go ahead and add this to bug list. 
  • deffjurke79
    deffjurke79 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The game freezes after I cast Sphinx's Decree. Every time.
  • Tremayne
    Options
    Already reported.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Tombstone, @Oktagon_Daiane is there any way to make imposible to anyone to use this card in any event until it is fixed? 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    @Tombstone, @Oktagon_Daiane is there any way to make imposible to anyone to use this card in any event until it is fixed? 
    Probably not.  Its just going to function as Prized Amalgam 2.0 as the ultimate troll card for a while.  Good luck!
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Getting tired of having to quit event matches because of this stupidity. It would be logical to add some kind of ability for the game admins to mark a card bugged and prevent players from putting it in decks until bugs can be fixed.

It would save a lot of frustration for everyone.

To all those jerks who keep putting the card in their decks: I hope you lose every damn event and your phone gets a virus or something!!!
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The should just have it ignore decks with that card when matchmaking if they aren't going to fix something that makes the game impossible to play.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2018
    Options
    So, basically, it was turn 14 if my log was correct (which means 2x damage buff is on), and the AI, playing Gideon 1, plays a Sphinx's Decree, and then the game just flat out freezes and I cannot do anything but concede.

Please look into this.

EDIT: Oops, should've scrolled down.... You may lock/merge this.
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another victim here, happened when facing Gideon 1 furing FirF
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Merged similar threads together
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's too late for this particular case but it would be worth adding an option into the game where the devs _without_ doing a build can flag a card as "unavailable" for legacy AND standard, (always with a message in the inbox) to stop things like this after reported until a build is scheduled.

Harm mitigation being possible is a good long term plan.