What SCL are folks that sold 5* Gambit playing in for Unstable ISO-8?

killercool
killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
Title pretty much says it.

I sold my champed 5* Gambit knowing this day would come around, but hoping that having him as my only 5* bonus hero would at least get me one cover before the time arrived (as you can probably guess I still have not got a single cover of him).

For me I will probably still go SCL9 for the progression rewards, but interested to see how others will handle it.

Comments

• Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Same boat, same choice. I am just getting full progression, and not even trying for placement. I did think about going down to SCL 8 just to make it easier, but ultimately decided to stay in 9 for the better CP and red iso.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Same here,

SCL 9 I should still place top 100-150 and after wasting my CP stash on the Kitty vault and getting nothing but 3 unusable Phoenix and OML covers I need to build back up again 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sold mine have not gotten him back. Scl 9 as always. My only 5* champ is daredevil after selling Gambit. It just means I need to do more than 4 clears on every node for my progression. I never really try for placement.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    SCL 9...I seldom go for placement and the progression rewards in 9 are worth it.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's quite a number of 5* players in SCL 6. I was wondering why these players climbed so much faster than I do. I looked at their rosters and see multiple 5*.

Now, I wish to see 5* with multiple covers being barred from usage from SCL 1 to SCL 6.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Cl9 / I sold Gambit exactly a month ago and made him BH that day.  Got 5 covers on him so this will be no different than having to run a half built latest for their first run.  Still expect to push for t5 or better.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My tactic for making sure MPQ doesn't devoir too many hours of my day is CL7 if my boosted 5* has no ISO in it or is under covered and CL8 if it's a high level or champed.

So I'm in CL8 here.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's quite a number of 5* players in SCL 6. I was wondering why these players climbed so much faster than I do. I looked at their rosters and see multiple 5*.

Now, I wish to see 5* with multiple covers being barred from usage from SCL 1 to SCL 6.
    That's a side effect of going from roster based scaling to clearance level based scaling. With roster based scaling there wasn't really an upside of dropping to lower clearance levels because the rewards would be worse while the difficulty of the enemies would stay the same. So, as I figured would happen, a lot of higher level players dropped to lower clearance levels for a better shot at top placement rewards. That's not just 5* players on cl6 and cl7 either but on my backup account I saw 4* players playing optimally for top placement as low as cl2. Hell in one pve the stars aligned for my backup account and I had all of the essentials and even playing as optimally as possible I couldn't even finish in the top 20 in cl2. And with the addition of the 5* node it only really encouraged even more 4* and 5* players to drop under cl7. It's beyond absurd how broken pve is right now pretty much across the board.

So what's the answer? You mentioned barring 5* players from cl6 and they could do that but then even more would just flood into cl7 and cl7 is more for 3-4* transitioners and 4* players. I would like to see more of a move to progression based play where current placement rewards are added into progression. Another solution would be to lock higher level players out of placement rewards on lower clearance levels or you could lock out characters from being used so if someone has champed 4s on their roster and they want easy placement in cl1 or cl2 then they would need to do it with 1* and 2* characters.

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    No change, I always play SCL8 whether or not I have the essential 5*.  This time I do, one single cover gained since selling him.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Well I split the difference and went for SCL8.  Silly of me really, as I will miss any realist placement rewards and get less progression rewards than if I just stayed in SCL9.  I hate my ego sometimes...

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    SCL9....without stressing too much because aiming only at max progression
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I chose SCL 9 as usual since progression rewards are the important part.

I was lucky enough to get a Gambit cover as a bonus hero after I sold mine. Unfortunately it is black, so he is mostly being a bother in the essential node since he locks out red and Purple powers still.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    I sold my Gambit, marked him as only 5* BH and didn't get him also.  I was intentionally holding onto 250 CP for if/when this eventuality came up.  I bought him for 250 CP and played SCL 8 as normal.  My usual policy is to always do SCL 8 unless I have the 5* champed, then I do SCL 9.  (I've haven't yet failed to have the 5* for the 5E since it's inception and I don't plan to ever let that happen).
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I got lucky and pulled him from a Classic, no bonus necessary. Its a single red cover, so I can still win in SCL 9 with 1/2 health Thor and Daredevil
  • Qubort
    Qubort Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I have 1 cover and doing SCL9. 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Straycat said:
    I got lucky and pulled him from a Classic, no bonus necessary. Its a single red cover, so I can still win in SCL 9 with 1/2 health Thor and Daredevil
    I also got a red cover for Gambit shortly after selling him, and I'm glad it was Red. Purple would have been good, too. Black would have sucked. I'll never train any of his Black covers should I get any, not until they remove that passive block.

edit - Forgot what we were here for :smiley: I'm doing cl9, currently inside T50 but will probably get edged out to finish T51-100. That's okay though. The progression rewards are worth it, and it's not taking me much longer to do cl9 than it does cl8.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Scl 7 bc I didn’t have Gambit at event start. Got a bonus 5* Gambit cover into the 48 hr sub and hopefully will finish with high placement
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    SCL9, finished t100, happy.