Galactus' Super-Nuke

13»

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,106 Chairperson of the Boards
    5-star Widow is amazing as well.  There are almost always enough countdown tiles on the board to make sure her purple is at the minimum cost, and it hits like a truck.  Scarlet Witch keeps her countdown tile going even after Widow uses her purple.  Combine with someone who can use yellow/blue AP (5-star Dr Strange!) and switch Scarlet Witch's green to 5 to remove any special tiles.  It's another team that works well.
  • Jormagund
    Jormagund Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    I'm in 3 star land, tried 2 star BW with 3 star Hawkeye and IM40.  First go matched blue, next three goes matched countdown tiles to fire her blue; her blue then builds faster than he can place new CDs.  Galactacus (in Round 7) managed to fire one CD tile in the whole fight.  I saved 30 purple and 28 red fired HE purple twice (only 8 red basic tiles available), fired IM40's red twice and made one match to take him out.

I have to wait for the nodes to reset to try again and may just have got lucky but I took hardly any damage even if it wasn't as quick as my previous teams.  May be good for other players without usable 4/5 stars?

Edit: apologies, yes would probably have been better in the other thread.  This team continued to make easy work of Galactacus for four more clears this morning.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2019
    Jormagund said:
    I'm in 3 star land, tried 2 star BW with 3 star Hawkeye and IM40.  First go matched blue, next three goes matched countdown tiles to fire her blue; her blue then builds faster than he can place new CDs.  Galactacus (in Round 7) managed to fire one CD tile in the whole fight.  I saved 30 purple and 28 red fired HE purple twice (only 8 red basic tiles available), fired IM40's red twice and made one match to take him out.

I have to wait for the nodes to reset to try again and may just have got lucky but I took hardly any damage even if it wasn't as quick as my previous teams.  May be good for other players without usable 4/5 stars?
    So long as a player gets a few okay matches in the opening turns it's a lock.

Though the topic of the thread was Galactus' super nuke.  Good post for anyone looking for a solution to Galactus.

:*
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Dormammu said:
    He eats Earth. Being airborne ain't gonna help anyone, where will they land?
    The Moon. If he jumps REALLY high  :) 

Re: Stopping the super-nuke, would spamming She-Hulk's green work?
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor

Re: Stopping the super-nuke, would spamming She-Hulk's green work?
    If it drained black then yes, i reckon it would work. For a while....