Galactus' Super-Nuke

Options

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Probably works like Deadpool's super whales where it ends the fight instantly no matter what. I believe that it mentions in the description for that ability that it counts as an instant win for Galactus.
    I didn't think Super whales was an instant win though. Just massive aoe. I could be wrong though.

5* Doc ock has an insta win if you manage to jump through several hoops while backflipping and holding a crit title in each tentacle, three times. Villains and there convoluted schemes.....
  • Drlex
    Drlex Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whales does super damage. It won’t touch Kaceilious (spelling?). I am not sure but I think nightcrawlerand airborne survive whales. If the only enemy is invisible then I don’t think it works either.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If the only enemy is invisible, it should work.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    CT1888 said:
    Tried it with Nightcrawler. 

He died. 
    was his health at 0 if you wanted to use him again ?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never tried it, but couldn't you theoretically use Angel or Archangels Black to stop him from gaining the AP for his super nuke?
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    CT1888 said:
    Tried it with Nightcrawler. 

He died. 
    was his health at 0 if you wanted to use him again ?
    Yes it was
  • professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anon said:
    I never tried it, but couldn't you theoretically use Angel or Archangels Black to stop him from gaining the AP for his super nuke?
    Not to toot my own horn, but if you wanted to upgrade from theoretical to hearsay check out my post near the bottom of the first page of this thread :wink:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drlex said:
    Whales does super damage. It won’t touch Kaceilious (spelling?). I am not sure but I think nightcrawlerand airborne survive whales. If the only enemy is invisible then I don’t think it works either.
    Mega Whales can take out Invisible (it is an AoE), but it can't hit anyone who's airborne, and in Wave Missions, it won't go past the current wave. Not sure if it wipes the rest of the current wave or just the ones currently on the screen if there are more than 3 enemies in the current wave, but I do know that you still have to deal with the rest of the waves.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drlex said:
    Mega Whales can take out Invisible (it is an AoE), but it can't hit anyone who's airborne, and in Wave Missions, it won't go past the current wave. Not sure if it wipes the rest of the current wave or just the ones currently on the screen if there are more than 3 enemies in the current wave, but I do know that you still have to deal with the rest of the waves.
    I seem to recall that at one point Whales and even Cunning Scheme used to be auto-wins straight up, then changed to Mega-Damage. Cunning Scheme on release used to auto-win wave matches, but was almost immediately patched out to not do that, which is a super bummer considering how hard it is to pull off.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bumping this thread since we're now dealing with Galactus for the first time since this discussion.
    There were some really interesting theories in this thread regarding how to survive/negate Galactus' super-nuke. Some were tested (some proving successful, others not) while some seem still unanswered.

Good luck Galactus-stomping, everyone!

MODs, please be gentle on the ban-hammer. I know the post is older than desired, but I didn't want to re-create the entire discussion from when Galactus' event last ran.

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reading through the thread - it wasn't clear if Airborne characters can survive Galactus's super weapon or not.
    I will try it - but if someone can clarify for sure if it works or not that would be helpful.

So I think the list looks like this....
    1. Airborne - probably doesn't survive (but needs check)
    2. 5* Hulk - may survive as Banner?
    3. Invisible - does not survive
    4. Any high HP character - does not survive
    5. Any "resurrection" character (Phoenix, Loki) - does not survive

Any other scenario to test?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any new characters doing things that would help with the goo tiles, or the countdowns? removing either in bulk, stuff like that? Do the goo tiles count towards Mr. F's auto-firing of a power?  
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What about spider ham? Does Galactus count as a minion, since he doesnt make moves on the board? If yes, would spiderhams cd tile remover work? I guess he wouldnt be stunned but still...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spider-Ham's purple (A Talking Pig!?!) removes enemy special tiles even if no "minions" are present, so it should work.
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Reading through the thread - it wasn't clear if Airborne characters can survive Galactus's super weapon or not.
    I will try it - but if someone can clarify for sure if it works or not that would be helpful.

So I think the list looks like this....
    1. Airborne - probably doesn't survive (but needs check)
    2. 5* Hulk - may survive as Banner?
    3. Invisible - does not survive
    4. Any high HP character - does not survive
    5. Any "resurrection" character (Phoenix, Loki) - does not survive

Any other scenario to test?
    Isn't there a separate win proc?

But yeah, Elektra's invulnerability
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
       I don't have Infinity War Spider Man champed yet, thx RNG :neutral: but I wonder if he was put in with two 1*s, since he's making all the matches and making tons of spider web tiles, if he would brush off all of the damage from the nuke or would the board shake take off all of the web tiles before the nuke?  Or possibly would he die from damage before he could get the 28 black?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Probably works like Deadpool's super whales where it ends the fight instantly no matter what. I believe that it mentions in the description for that ability that it counts as an instant win for Galactus.
    Except Whales doesn't kill airborne characters...
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    shardwick said:
    Except Whales doesn't kill airborne characters...
    Of course whales can't kill airborne characters, they can only jump 10 feet out of the water. Everyone knows that. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using 5* Thanos. After you fire his Purple, not much Galactus can do.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anon said:
    I've been using 5* Thanos. After you fire his Purple, not much Galactus can do.
    I've been using him with with Scarlet Witch for super fast purple.  For the first time, anyway.  Once his purple hits, her abilities don't do much either.  America Chavez is a fun third, since it takes a while for Galactus to earn any AP at all.  In the earlier rounds, you're killing him off before Thanos gets his purple off anyway.

When Infinite Power is active, Galactus's countdown tiles still do damage, but they don't create the Cosmic tiles when they expire.