OH GOD NO, I'VE ERRED

Options

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hehe don’t forget Thor meh hulk in simulator.  They will powerbomb no time flathehehe
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Hehe don’t forget Thor meh hulk in simulator.  They will powerbomb no time flathehehe
    IIRC that was only hard because the 5E was Wasp who contributed absolutely nothing
  • Phumade
    Options
    Speak of the devil.  Simulator on deck.  I suspect we'll be lucky to have an 8 cover dazzler when that 4e rolls around.

If were lucky mehulk / 5* thor will be rotated for nebula /emma

• helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Waddles_Pines : I have all of them, but at different coverage and levels. Let me know if you see a better one to sink ISO into, or maybe a combination of leveling a couple some instead of one all the way.

Character, coverage, current level/max level (both prior to boost):

5*
    Loki, 1/0/0, 256/270
    4*
    Nova, 5/5/3, 209/270
    Agent Venom, 4/3/4, 180/229
    Spider-Woman, 5/5/3, 150/270
    Yondu, 3/5/5, 150/270
    Hulkbuster, 3/3/2, 94/168
    Sam Wilson, 4/1/4, 94/192
    Nebula, 0/1/1, 74/74

All the 3* boosteds are champed and at varying levels. All the 2* boosteds are max champed.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @helix72

I reread your question, below still might have some value, but to answer your direct question, level Agent Venom up.  If you have Clagger, AV black is hitting hard every couple of turns as you collect black.

Then again I just like playing with him, Nova is a great choice for this event since you have him fully covered.  Being able to send an enemy airborne is invaluable when they're about to nuke you, plus it does good damage when they land.

If iso is a constraint right now, you can do what other people do, and wait for the next SHIELD training and put iso into them if they are featured.  

Hulkbuster is a good option if you struggle against boss events.  Maybe it's just me, but him and Wolvie seem to be boosted every time.

Sam Widow is considered one of the worst 4*.  How red hits hard, but there are so many other chars that use red better.  

Spider woman, all her powers just cost too much.  Her black is good, but that's only good situationally.  Normally the standard strategy is offense, she's more defense.  That works if you're trying to punch above your weight class, but it also is sloooow.  
  • helix72
    Options
    @Waddles_Pines

Thanks. I have Clagger at 3/3/4 lvl 209/209, so useable. I can add my champed Vulture as a third to deal with enemy CD tiles, or champed Peggy to slow down their ability to fire powers. I realize she won't help me at all with the Royal Family node since the enemy powers are mostly passive. Still struggling on what to do with that one. Maybe a partial mirror team (I have both Lockjaw and Medusa champed) but with Venom as a third? Or between C&D and some boosts hope I can mega-load enough black to keep Vulture airborne the whole time? Ugh. I really don't like any of my options.
  • Phumade
    Options
    helix72 said:
    @Waddles_Pines

Thanks. I have Clagger at 3/3/4 lvl 209/209, so useable. I can add my champed Vulture as a third to deal with enemy CD tiles, or champed Peggy to slow down their ability to fire powers. I realize she won't help me at all with the Royal Family node since the enemy powers are mostly passive. Still struggling on what to do with that one. Maybe a partial mirror team (I have both Lockjaw and Medusa champed) but with Venom as a third? Or between C&D and some boosts hope I can mega-load enough black to keep Vulture airborne the whole time? Ugh. I really don't like any of my options.
    Sadly its gonna be

Loki 5* and your best combo behind him.  There are lots of level 460-470 teams  that repeatedly wipe to that node with a 6-9 cover essential.  

That node is probably the most realistic example of what a 6* combo team will play like.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    @Waddles_Pines

Lockjaw, max his dog that bit you power, Medusa (3 to purple, 5 in her other two colors).  Take out enemy Medusa first to get rid of her healing, then either either lockjaw or bb depending on who's passive does more damage.  Loki purple does decent damage, but make sure you have enough to fire 2x (I think 11 purple).  

It sounds possible, but you're going to eat health packs.  The Royal Family is hard because you're stuck with the 5* essential... 1 cover Loki.  

Now the wave node, eke, that's going to really try your patience...
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vulture and BSSM work well also (sure... add CD for black generation and healing if you can - or Okoye for damage and healing).... BSSM green stuns damages reducing th number of cd tiles and makes him invisible for a bit - Vulture cleans the CDs up.... 
  • helix72
    Options
    Unfortunately BSSM has not made it onto my roster. Loki + ME Hulk + Chavez has worked on the 5* nodes so far. Facing Black Bolt, if I can get to the charged tiles first, maybe I can start the crits rolling early.

Thanks to some lucky cover draws and an ISO spending spree, I've now got all the bonus heroes except for Swill & Spider-Woman up to level 209: 3/4/3 Hulkbuster, 5/5/3 Nova, 3/5/5 Yondu, and 4/3/4 Venom. Unfortunately I've found all of them to be of underwhelming. Even at that level and boosted they just don't pump out the damage like my go-to unboosted teams.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jessica Drew's purple can remove enemy countdown tiles. It's not the cheapest power, but it might help you survive a little bit longer.
  • Phumade
    Options
    Good luck on Today's Royal Family node.

Just remember tommorrow you'll clear that node 3 more times!!!!!
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Good luck on Today
    Is there a widely agreed upon "best team" to use on that node?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Good luck on Today
    Is there a widely agreed upon "best team" to use on that node?
    I think I usually go in with MEHulk and America with boosted ap and a stun teamup in case things go bad. 
  • helix72
    Options
    It worked...for now.

With my 1/0/0 5* Loki plus champed ME Hulk and America Chavez, I made it through the first three rounds of Royal Family without having to heal, though I was stingy and didn't use any health packs so I won the third round with only ME Hulk still alive. Healed all 3 and won round 4, though took a bunch of damage to do it. Tomorrow will be tougher as I'll likely need 3 health packs for each round clear at this rate.

I'm still not sure if I like Hulk better at 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. Sometimes I never get to fire off the yellow power, other times I do but I'm not sure the extra covers help, especially with all the board shake that happens on both sides seeming to destroy them even though they are protected. Oh and when firing it then makes you have less yellow than the enemy team so America's passive doesn't trigger can be another downer.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if 2 pairs of tile swaps helps me more often or hurts me more often. The most annoying part is sometimes having to leave America's crits laying around for the Royal Family to whack me with because I have to deny colors.

At least it gets it done.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Good luck on Today's Royal Family node.

Just remember tommorrow you'll clear that node 3 more times!!!!!
    It is not compulsory...especially when you are playing at a higher SCL than usual.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    It worked...for now.

With my 1/0/0 5* Loki plus champed ME Hulk and America Chavez, I made it through the first three rounds of Royal Family without having to heal, though I was stingy and didn't use any health packs so I won the third round with only ME Hulk still alive. Healed all 3 and won round 4, though took a bunch of damage to do it. Tomorrow will be tougher as I'll likely need 3 health packs for each round clear at this rate.

I'm still not sure if I like Hulk better at 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. Sometimes I never get to fire off the yellow power, other times I do but I'm not sure the extra covers help, especially with all the board shake that happens on both sides seeming to destroy them even though they are protected. Oh and when firing it then makes you have less yellow than the enemy team so America's passive doesn't trigger can be another downer.

On the flip side, I'm not sure if 2 pairs of tile swaps helps me more often or hurts me more often. The most annoying part is sometimes having to leave America's crits laying around for the Royal Family to whack me with because I have to deny colors.

At least it gets it done.
    They, with Mockingbird when applicable, are to me the most high risk high reward team in the 4* tier since there's so much crazy randomness going on. America with Hulk is still plenty of randomness though. I would do 5/5/3 MEHulk for a better shot at hitting a nice cascade off of one of his matches or at the least hope that you can snag some charged tiles which will only help out America. 
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Vulture/C&D/Spider-Woman did well on the final wave node for me so far, so that's nice. I stomped them the first clear, though on the second clear, I only had Vulture left at the end.

I haven't touched any of the Mandatory Character nodes yet because I haven't had time. Maybe at lunch.  

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I asked for Deadpool Whales TUs from my alliance but only got one Purple in 3 attempts. That got me through one of the three Level 515 runs at the family. Bad boards made me retreat once or twice, but I barely made it through without buying health packs.

My Team: Level 345 (pre-boost) Loki (4/1/1), level 456 Gambit, and level 293 America Chavez. Supports were unlevelled HYDRA Henchmen, level 90 Sharon Carter, unlevelled Avengers Tower. Boosts: Critical and either All Damage or Green/Black Damage.
  • helix72
    Options
    And...no bueno. Got destroyed by the royal family. Even got lucky before I started and got Loki up to 1/0/1. Even had Loki die and then come back to life at least once. Also no luck on the last wave node. By the time the third wave rolls in, they just mega spam powers with all the AP that carries over and my team was toast without being able to make a single match.

Squeaked into top 50 nevertheless. Lesson learned for next HoD!