Legacy cards in HoD: Bolas [Fixed in 2.9]

Options
Rhasget
Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
Twice this currently running event I have faced Kiora with legacy cards.

First it was Ishkana Grafwidow but I wasn't sure since I destroyed it right away and thought maybe I was reading the text wrong.
But next round I faced another Kiora that cast multiple copies of Ulvenwald Hydra.

It has happened with Ishkana in another event a while back but didn't reflect much on it then but if there is a way to get legacy cards in standard events it will get exploited.

//Edited Title - Tombstone
//Edited Title - BK

Comments

• garycsl
    garycsl Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Same situation here, facing Chandra1 with a deck full of legacy rares. Ticket sent.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you see this happening, please use the ticket system and report the player. 
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Yep it's an exploit and people shouldn't be using it, report the player!...  especially in HoD, you're benefiting from it but you are also messing with other players! who gonna face your deck... just not right.

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't light the torches yet.. I wouldn't wonder if the devs managed to either pull not event related player decks (used to be the norm), or to somehow manage to add the decks from past events.

Reporting, on the other hand, might help them to identify the issue

E: was the last update enforced? Could it be that those players haven't updated to m19 yet?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, thank you for reporting this. I'll relay this information to the team. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, this issue should be fixed with the release of update 2.9. 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    What exactly is the issue being fixed?  (aka what is being changed in the fix)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Tombstone said:

Heh. No-one will say because it might let people who don't know the bug yet use it before 2.9 hits. The "not discussing exploits" rule apart from bug reports...

I'm _really_ curious myself and don't currently know, but I actually read these bug reports with professional interest being a tester and try and work out what might be the cause of various things, but I can safely say I have no clue in this case!
  • Mburn7
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Tombstone said:

Heh. No-one will say because it might let people who don't know the bug yet use it before 2.9 hits. The "not discussing exploits" rule apart from bug reports...

I'm _really_ curious myself and don't currently know, but I actually read these bug reports with professional interest being a tester and try and work out what might be the cause of various things, but I can safely say I have no clue in this case!
    I figured as much.  Just curious what they think is causing the issue.  Is it some sort of hacking, or something wrong with how the game checks decks, or something else?  So many possibilities.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The issue also seems to be the case in Across Ixalan - White 2nd node. Not sure about the other nodes.

My opponent is using gisela broken something and exert influence. 

Screenshots sent to report player to be reprimanded. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I wouldn't light the torches yet.. I wouldn't wonder if the devs managed to either pull not event related player decks (used to be the norm), or to somehow manage to add the decks from past events.

Reporting, on the other hand, might help them to identify the issue

E: was the last update enforced? Could it be that those players haven't updated to m19 yet?
    I
     was wrong.

Mburn7 said:
    Kinesia said:
    Mburn7 said:
    Tombstone said:

I figured as much.  Just curious what they think is causing the issue.  Is it some sort of hacking, or something wrong with how the game checks decks, or something else?  So many possibilities.
    They know exactly the reason that is causing the issue. They've been given the step by step instruction how to do it, so the fix is very likely to work! I think that's all that can be said without violating the rules about exploit discussions.

Feel free to snip something out if you feel like that's necessary. A lot of players (speaking about several hundred that I know about!) are worried about the next coalition event. Will the fix be implemented this week?if not, is it possible to change the event to a legacy event like avacyns madness?
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Three of the four matches I have already played against today in blue Trials Of Plains where legacy decks.

@Tombstone @Oktagon_Daiane @brigby I think that until this bug is fixed there should not be pvp standard events.

Edit: As Mburn7 said it is a legacy event, my fault, sorry. Tough I still think this bug should be fixed before playing any pvp standard event.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Three of the four matches I have already played against today in blue Trials Of Plains where legacy decks.

@Tombstone @Oktagon_Daiane @brigby I think that until this bug is fixed there should not be pvp standard events.
    Uhhhhhhh, Trials of the Plains is a legacy event.  To be honest, you probably won't see any standard decks there, since that's the only place to play legacy decks today (with standard TG going)
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    rafalele said:

Uhhhhhhh, Trials of the Plains is a legacy event.  To be honest, you probably won't see any standard decks there, since that's the only place to play legacy decks today (with standard TG going)
    Yes, excuse me, this is my fault, you are right. It is being a long ago since I played it.
  • Mburn7
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Mburn7 said:
    rafalele said:

Yes, excuse me, this is my fault, you are right. It is being a long ago since I played it.
    Its cool, I figured as much.  And you aren't wrong in that standard PvP should be put on hold until 2.9 fixes the issue (assuming 2.9 will fix the issue).  Just don't blame ToTP lol