Infernal Reckoning - No creature required? [Investigating]

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
edited September 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Just played against a Nicol Bolas that was casting Infernal Reckoning while I had no creatures on the field and it was just giving him 4 life each cast. Seems rather odd.

//Edited Title - Tombstone

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bumping this. I've had this happen multiple times.

Infernal Reckoning will autocast onto an empty board from spells like Apex or Zenith, as well.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi all!

After speaking with the QA team about this issue, it appears that these specific issues mentioned in both of your posts are connected to the issue mentioned in the B4T 5.3 Infernal Reckoning Bug thread, in that Infernal Reckoning is being cast when it shouldn't be.

For this reason, this is a known issue and the team will be investigating accordingly.

Thanks!
  • Igemon
    Igemon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Infernal Reckoning still autocasts with no creatures on the board and exiles card from the graveyard
  • Igemon
    Igemon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2018
    Options
    And this has no connection with B4T obviously
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I first observed (and reported it) in connection with the event, thinking it had something to do with Azor's unique ability set.
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I just noticed that it will cast when you click "Not now" if Greg has a hexproof creature on the board.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 not a BoFT Azor issue
    +1 still an issue

infernal reckoning autocasts after using the spell one time during the game. In other words, if you never casted it before during the game, it will NOT autocast. However, if yiu casted it once before during the game, pressing "not now" will cause it to autocast, especially off of cards like BSZ. 

Just happened in HoD Bolas1 Legacy Coalition event
  • TheDude1
    TheDude1 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bumping.  Still an issue, but not for the reason why Jimpark mentions.  I had not cast it before, but I did destroy a colorless creature with Murder in the same turn that Infernal Reckoning got full mana.  When I clicked Not Now (always a dangerous proposition right now) Infernal Reckoning still cast and gave me the health that would have occurred had the creature still been on the board.

EDIT: Later in the same match, it cast with Not Now with no creatures on the board at all.  It gave me power equal to the power of the last colorless creature I had destroyed, which was four turns prior (two each side).