Blightcaster not triggering off token supports [Fix in 3.1]

Options
Furks
Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Blightcaster's effect doesn't trigger off of token supports. Tested with treasures and servos.

It used to work with those. Also, considering the wording it should: "when a support you control enters the battlefield... " 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Modest_Supreme
    Modest_Supreme Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ya, I've seen this since the patch.
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    As have I. It makes the card way less useful, which is sad because it has a fairly unique ability.
  • ReddMaxx
    ReddMaxx Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Yep it just got broken.  Loved tezz2with it
  • RandomID
    RandomID Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is this an intentional nerf? 
  • Furks
    Furks Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If it's an intentional change, then the wording should have been changed to "when you cast a support..." instead of "when a support you control enters the battlefield..."
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Please fix this, was a fun card that rewarded unique deckbuilding.  Something more than ‘Big monster smash!’
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Furks said:
    If it's an intentional change, then the wording should have been changed to "when you cast a support..." instead of "when a support you control enters the battlefield..."
    I am particularly fixated on wording and I was just about to contradict you on this one... I remember the wording used to be incorrect and it used to bug me every single time... Except you are RIGHT!

Look on Mtgpq.info for the old wording... They actually changed the wrong text to match the previous implementation but then they also changed the implementation so it's wrong all over again.

Oh Oktagon, why you guys being silly? It's like you don't know rather basic mtg terminology. 🙄
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    It probably has something to do with the problems token have with demolish and similar cards.
  • BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why does the text on Blightcaster listed at mtgpq.info not match the card in the game?
    https://mtgpq.info/cards/Blightcaster

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I've confirmed that the team is aware of this issue. I'll go ahead and this to the bug list.