MtGPQ Sneak Peek: August 2018 Edition *Updated (8/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jimpark said:
    babar3355 said:
    Can we please get some mid-week PvP content @Brigby?  Do you guys realize that TLCD, TPC, TSTC, ANOW, etc take about 30 minutes to complete?  Which means there is very little to do in the game from Monday afternoon until Friday afternoon.  

I really think you should both run these "at your own pace" events (ie TLCD, ANOW, etc) and also a PvP event (probably alternative coalition and non-coalition based on this poll) each week.  But please make them worth playing (not 20 jewel top prize) and not the SAME events every week like TS and EMC.  The rewards dont have to be 300 jewels, but 20 is a joke.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/71934/mid-week-coalition-event-poll-v-2#latest
    Although I can agree with you on a possible mid-week PVP event. I am opposed to a mid-week coalition event unless its something very simple like A World Reborn for the following reasons:

- Not everyone completes these events in 30 minute. We must consider newer players.
    - Standard format rotation that has occurred within the last two months and the objective changes in certain events has increased deckbuilding time. This has increased the overall time investment in the game. Like the point above, not everyone builds a deck in 10 minutes.
    - Its a work week for most people in addition to having family, friends, household chores, to do lists,  life goals, other hobbies. (unless D3GO wants to hire me and pay me)

Therefore, I agree with you to some degree but I cannot say 100%. However, I am a firm believer in BALANCE. If they could just balance things like event length, refresh timers, starting charges, and max charges better then this wouldn't even be an issue.... (insert derogatory phrases here).

Currently with the huge standard rotations and objective changes in events, I would suggest waiting just a little bit until implementing anything coalition mid-week (thinking 2+ weeks to 1 month). This will reduce those who are burnted out in addition to provide more content around the time things get super boring and redundant.

That said, I completely agree that rewards need to be reworked. BOTH updated prizes to reflect the current standard format as well as incremental increases to non-coalition PVP events. 20 jewels is seriously a slap to the face for the amount of time that is invested.
    While I get this sentiment I can't agree. There is an option to not play existing events for those who it would be a issue for. But for us who want more weekly (coalition)events there is no option at all. 
    It must be better if there is a choice to play than to not have anything at all.
    But the strongest voices on this forum seem to be against it so that is what has happened.
    The outcry was noticable when they did it a while back but my coalition was happy since most of us love the game and want more meaningful content.
  • OperaSM
    OperaSM Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would love more mid-week content. Running any sort of Legacy event or a standard PvP event alongside the PvE events we've been having would be awesome. I like the journey through history events, but they are often finished in less than an hour, leaving little else to do mid-week after finishing TG, AXLN, and TotP each day. I have been grinding Hoeroic Encounters ad nauseam to farm Crystals to level PWs to pass time, but it is getting extremely boring.  Thanks for any changes you are able to make offering new content.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Schedule until end of August please, @Brigby
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby can we see the schedule for next week? Could we please get a mid-week PVP coalition event? RTO again? TDW?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited August 2018
    Options
    (8/14/18) *Updated image overviews and Multiplayer events.

Please note that I am already in the process of inquiring whether the team can add another event to next week's schedule to be ran after Nodes of Power ends and before The Dragon War begins
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Excuse me, Return of the God Pharao from friday to wednesday? Really?

We are asking for shorter events and not to repeat again this event and we get this.

Unless, have you update the rewards or they are still the same as in HOU days?
  • Gabrosin
    Gabrosin Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Excuse me, Return of the God Pharao from friday to wednesday? Really?

We are asking for shorter events and not to repeat again this event and we get this.

Unless, have you update the rewards or they are still the same as in HOU days?
    It never actually lasts that long, though with how uninterested everyone is in participating this time, maybe it will.

• Brigby
    Options
    (8/15/18) *Updated image overviews and Single Player events
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I
     like that there is a legacy pvp and pve running at the same time! Will there be no coalition event during the next weekend, or don't you know which one yet?
    By the way, ratc is a single player pve event with unlimited tries. Having it run 5 days doesn't hurt anybody.. But it won't help anybody either
  • rafalele
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    I
     like that there is a legacy pvp and pve running at the same time! Will there be no coalition event during the next weekend, or don't you know which one yet?
    By the way, ratc is a single player pve event with unlimited tries. Having it run 5 days doesn't hurt anybody.. But it won't help anybody either
    We have Return of the God Pharao as pve standard coalition event for this weekend.

For the next one, we have scheduled The Drangon War pvp coalition event.

Thank you for adding Revolt against the Consulate legacy event.
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    This schedule looks fun and full! Thanks @Brigby. Also suspiciously has a hole on Thursday where we might get a point release.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    NOP started today but did you really cut the rewards? Only 15 jewels for going top5 sound new to me. 

Maybe there are other interesting legacy events, not always the same, and now with reduced rewards for a lot of "work". 
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    Options
    @Brigby can we see the schedule for next week? Please keep the mid-week legacy or coalition event. This has been awesome!
  • Brigby
    Options
    (8/21/18) *Updated image overviews, Single Player events, and Multiplayer events.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Brigby Thanks for posting the new event schedule. Just to be clear; HOD is Bolas1?

Also HOR is individual standard?
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can we have a little consistency? If a set of cards is legacy, the event related to them should be legacy too.
    Alternatively, there could be a format in the middle that allows all the sets from the namesake of the event onwards
  • rafalele
    edited August 2018
    Options
    HOR is an standard event? And sure old rewards levels.

Again Bolas HOD and sure also old rewards levels.

Old rewards and old events as standard.

The regular people are just going to get dupes as rewards. Do you really want us to come and play?

If you want to do this for new ones, perfect, but put some new rewards for the old ones.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:

Hour of Revelation *New Update*
    • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, Core Set 2019
    • Opt-In Time: 8/28/18 11:00am UTC
    • Start Time: 8/28/18 5:00pm UTC
    • End Time: 8/30/18 3:00pm UTC
    Hour of Devastation - Nicol Bolas *New Update*
    • Coalition Event
    • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria, Core Set 2019
    • Opt-In Time: 8/31/18 2:00am UTC
    • Start Time: 8/31/18 8:00am UTC
    • End Time: 9/3/18 6:00am UTC

LEGACY events (and legacy rewards)  should not be played with STANDARD cards. Please, fix it as soon as possible. Thanks.
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:

• Coalition Event

LEGACY events (and legacy rewards)  should not be played with STANDARD cards. Please, fix it as soon as possible. Thanks.
    in case of unable to change the either deck restriction or reward, i would rather play TDW or RTO....instead of Hour of XYZ events.
  • rafalele
    Options
    fiirst said:
    Brigby said:

• Coalition Event

in case of changing expension or reward, i would rather play TDW or RTO....instead of Hour of XYZ events.
    Me too.