Permanent Supports and Support Destruction [Fixed in 2.9]

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
From the 2.8 patch notes
  • Fixed an issue with Fiery Intervention remaining inactive, when casting it while an indestructible Event Support is the opponent’s only Support gem on the board in Battle.
Except, you didn't. You didn't fix that or Demolish. Both of them are still bugged when an indestructible (now infinite) support is on the board. Fiery Intervention will not allow you to target a single creature so long as the infinite support is in play. If an infinite support and another support are in play, it will destroy the other support but it will never damage a creature in that match.

Likewise, if an infinite support is on the board, Demolish will cast and fizzle, breaking no gems. If an infinite support and another support is in play, it will destroy the other support but once it is back to just the infinite, auto-cast fizzle.

You didn't fix a damned thing.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You can add Meteor Golem to cards with this bug.
    When Greg only has creatures on the board, no supports but the indestructible, the Golem doesn't destroy a creature when ETB.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just ran across the Meteor Golem version too in Phyrexian Compleation. I thought he'd be a perfect choice, being an artifact and thus immune to the permanent support's -1/-1 each turn.
  • Mark_Tedin
    Mark_Tedin Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Silverclad Ferocidons still aim indestructible supports. The bug has not been fixed yet.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for all the info. I've noted the examples you all have listed so far, and I'm passing this up to the team for review. I'll go ahead and put this on the bug list as well. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Adding to this - Haphazard Bombardment essentially becomes a permanent support if an infinite support is on the board. It will never destroy itself in this scenario and instead will just sit there forever taking out opposing supports.

This made A Journey Through History: Space-Time Catasrophe - When Worlds Collide an extremely challenging node when I ran my Teferi Historic deck against it.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Adding to this - Haphazard Bombardment essentially becomes a permanent support if an infinite support is on the board. It will never destroy itself in this scenario and instead will just sit there forever taking out opposing supports.

This made A Journey Through History: Space-Time Catasrophe - When Worlds Collide an extremely challenging node when I ran my Teferi Historic deck against it.
    And now Haphazard does only target Opponent's supports.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Brakkis said:

And now Haphazard does only target Opponent's supports.
    Yes, if you cast another support it will not target it but doesn't destroy itself either and become permanent 
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:

Thopter Spy Network does the same thing and treats the indestructible support as another support for its trigger.

It was really annoying in the last Race to Orazca
  • BlessedOne
    BlessedOne Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    You can add Meteor Golem to cards with this bug.
    When Greg only has creatures on the board, no supports but the indestructible, the Golem doesn't destroy a creature when ETB.
    I am here to add to the complaint board that Meteor Golem does not produce ETB effects while I was playing The Phrexian Compleation. Obviously, this is an issue with the permanent supports on the board.
  • EvilDead
    EvilDead Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This bug is back.....