"Requirement" ability buffs not sticking... [Blessing Fixed in 2.9 | Helm Fixed in 3.0]

Azerack
Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
(edited for attention and clarity's sake)

[ Blessing of Belzenlok has been fixed, Helm of the Gods still needs to be looked at. ]

Post-Deployment, I've tried using Blessing of Belzenlok on a Legendary, Helm of the Gods on any creature while I had at least 3 supports and History of Benalia on a Knight that did not have First Strike, already.

In each case, the buff was applied but then was promptly removed. This was over several matches and still the same thing occurred. Spell buffs do not seem to be sticking, even if for the end of a turn, in Blessing's case.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Can confirm. Any spell that gives a permanent buff is now only giving temporary buffs.

And by temporary I mean "Instantly gone right after the spell is cast".
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Confirm.  Easy to replicate.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    I came here to complain about Blessing of Belzenlok not working. I had to use an extra potion because of it. That's not a big deal for me, but this bug is a huge problem.
  • Azerack
    Still finding Blessing of Belzenlok not "sticking" which makes the card completely useless. Can you please at least have a look?
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
  • Azerack
    edited August 2018
    @Rhasget - Good.. However, there's a couple others that need attention, too, if you read my original post. History of Benalia and Helm of the Gods are also broken, I just used Blessing to grab attention (which it seems to have, at least a little more..)

My guess is there is some underlying mechanic that's broken causing those to not work as another Origin card, Enshrouding Mist, DOES work and keeps the prevent damage on the creature as expected but does not have any requirement, like the former three, which Blessing requires Legendary, Helm requires 3 or more supports and History requires the Knight class on the creature. This is true of the support cards that supply abilities with no requirements other than being the first (or last) creature.

Hopefully someone gets this and can look into it. Hopefully...
  • Rhasget
    Sorry, sloppy reading of your initial post made me miss the bigger picture.

I tested some of the interactions you mention ans it's not clear cut that buffs always disappear. In a few attempts they worked as intended (Helm, Benalia and tried Vampires Zeal also). But in most they disappeared directly.
    Zeal worked as intended half of the times, Benalia one in four and Helm failed one the one cast I have got it out.
    Can't see a connection between why it worked when it did and why it didn't at most times.
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    I am not entirely sure, but I believe that helm currently gives a permanent buff, but only gives first strike for a second.
  • Azerack
    Cards are still not working.
    @techmarine5 - The Helm applies the first strike (which should be perm) but immediately removes it, just like Blessing of Belzenlok applies the lifelink icon then it immediately disappears.

It's particularly frustrating because Blessing' is one of the few lifelink abilities Black has for Standard play now that all of the support buff lifelink cards for them have been put in Legacy (Cartouche of Ambition, anyone?).

But even more so because they worked before and now they don't and despite posting this end of July (and putting in a ticket for it) I still don't see this on the "Investigating" list.

@Brigby - I haven't called on you, before, but if you don't mind, can you have a look at this one and let the team know? Please?
  • Rhasget
    When I tried Blessing of Belzenlok it didn't even flash the lifelink icon on the receiving card.

First strike does when casting Helm of the Gods though.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Azerack The team is aware of the issue with Blessing of Belzenlok and is investigating it along with Helm of the Gods. I'll go ahead and add it to the bug list for reference. 
  • Azerack
    Thanks, @Tombstone, much appreciated.  
  • Azerack
    @Tombstone/ @Brigby  - HI there. I noticed the Blessing is working, but Helm is still not working...

Was there a completely different reason Helm wasn't working? Any chance that card can be fixed in the closer than far future?