Settle the Wreckage only exiling the first creature to attack [Fix in 2.9]

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
edited September 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues

As you can see, neither Vona or Muldrotha were played during the turn so neither had summoning sickness. Neither of them was disabled obviously since they both attacked. Settle only exiled Vona and was destroyed, then Muldrotha was able to strike the opponent.

//Edited Title - Brigby

Comments

• ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed, I see the same behavior.
  • zypheros
    zypheros Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    When creature exile by other card effect (my case is Terefi 3rd ability) Settle the Wreckage is destroy too.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have the same problem.  Only exiled the 1st attacking creature then it pops and goes away then the rest of the creatures finish attacking
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also seeing the same. Came here to report that exactly
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oh

Also, if the AI triggers my Settle the Wreckage, not only will mine go away, but so does theirs if they have one on the field.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For me too. :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    same.

BUT ALSO:
    Using Teferi with his Zhalfir token out (not major), Nyx on the board, as well as Settle the wreckage.
    Two creatures attack, 1 gets exiled while the other does damage. Settle the wreckage gets destroyed. My turn, Nyx brings back settle, opponents remaining creature gets exiled and my Settle the wreckage gets destroyed (at the start of my turn).

If the Zhalfir token gets destroyed, Nyx brings back Settle the wreckage and it stays on the board without getting destroyed.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can confirm, I have faced it a few times.  New bug saved my bacon (but sadly still needs to be fixed)
  • AzraelCB
    AzraelCB Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The support itself is destroyed after the first creature exiles instead of at the end of the turn. It is taking the extra errata that StW puts on a creature away from the remaining attackers
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I suspect this was meant to fix the issue with StW not getting destroyed it the opponent's last creature doesn't attack (summoning sickness usually). However, until they actually make StW get destroyed at end of turn, it's not going to work properly.
  • rafalele
    Options
    I had one settle in battlefield. 

Opponents turn and IA threw it's own settle.

Opponent attacked me with it's Darigaaz, and Darigazz and my settle disappeared and IA's settle disappeared also.
  • techmarine5
    techmarine5 Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Thanks for all the info everyone. There definitely, seems to be some odd behavior going on here. I'll pass this up for investigation, and add this to the bug list. 
    I know it's not just this easy, but you might give it "at end of turn, destroy this" to the wreckage instead of the creatures it exiles. The big problem that I see with this is it not working with starfield/Karn ult, but at least it would work properly.
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Came here to report this. Thanks @Brigby for staying on top of this.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. This should be fixed in 2.9
  • rafalele
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Fixed in 2.9, tested in story mode, but it has been nerfed or it has another bug.

Now when the creatures of the opponent attack you receive the damage and after the creature is exiled. This is not the way it used to works, used to exile creatures before making damage.

Can you tell us if this is intended? @Brigby

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    Fixed in 2.9, tested in story mode, but it has been nerfed or it has another bug.

Now when the creatures of the opponent attack you receive the damage and after the creature is exiled. This is not the way it used to works, used to exile creatures before making damage.

Can you tell us if this is intended? @Brigby

If you still take the damage the card is pretty much useless.  I would assume this is a new bug
    (also I think @Tombstone handles bugs more than Brigby)
  • rafalele
    edited September 2018
    Options

Here is the log. In spanish "Settle the wreckage" is "Naufragio consumado".
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Confirmed, the creatures are now exiled after combat damage is dealt. The combat log also reads as the creature being exiled by it's controller, not the support.

But at least it's all of them again?
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'll reach out to see if this was an intended change.