Enraged objective bugged [Fixed in 2.9]

Options
Tilwin90
Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
edited November 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
So I just played through the latest PVE event where the first match has an "Enraged" objective (deal 12 or more damage to a creature). For now I have found a scenario where the objective is bugged.

Reproduction:
- My opponent just cast his first creature of the match, a 5/5 creature.
- On my turn, I end up with a 40+/40+ Gishath
- Gishath attacks, deals 5 damage to the opposing creature then tramples any excess damage directly to the opponent.
- Thorough the rest of the match, my opponent has no other creatures on the battlefield.

Expected:
Enraged objective is failed and displays 5/12.

Actual:
Enraged objective is passed and displays 12/12 (can't tell if all damage was registered due to the visual bug with objectives right now)

Note that in another match I had my opponent use his first ability that lead to a Gishath being dealt 11 damage from a horror token, then that horror token got crushed by my Gishath.
I have not read the wording of the ability thoroughly so I am not sure if the opponent ability dealt the damage to both creatures or if the creatures were meant to deal damage to each other, but in this case, this damage was not registered for the Enraged objective.
If the ability is worded that the creatures deal damage to each other, then either the ability is wrong, or Enraged is registered wrongly as well.

Thanks!

//Edited Title -Brigby
Tagged:

Comments

• DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some of my Coalition teammates figured out that it is counting the trample damage done to the opponent rather than the creature. When trample isn't involved it seems to count properly.

The opponent's ability does say the creatures deal damage to each other, I'm not sure whether that should count as you doing damage to creatures or not.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Interesting. I'll pass this information along to the team to confirm whether or not this is intended. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi all, I've gotten confirmation from the team that the extra Trample damage is not actually intended to count toward this objective and that this is indeed a bug. Thank you for taking the time to report this.  
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Hi all, I've gotten confirmation from the team that the extra Trample damage is not actually intended to count toward this objective and that this is indeed a bug. Thank you for taking the time to report this.  
    What if the creature didn't have trample?  Is the objective tied to the toughness of the creatures being summoned?  Or is it just for the specific case when trample damage hits the player and thus does not hit the creature?