Shuri Vibranium Tech power interaction edge cases [Solved]

Options
ThaRoadWarrior
ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
I really like using Shuri to get an AP tax/discount on powers. I've noticed that the discount stacks in most cases, but came across one where it doesn't, and I was curious if it was working as intended or not.

It works with Peggy's Legendary Presence to make powers more expensive.
It works with Star Lord (legendary outlaw)'s Everyone With Me to make things extra cheap.

It sort of works with Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)'s Burning Rubber. This is one of those abilities that provides its own discount based on how many attack tiles are out on the board - it is 1ap cheaper (to a minimum of 6) for every attack you have out to bring the cost down from 12 green to 6. When you use Shuri, her discount works until you hit that hard floor of 6, which isn't quite the interaction I expected considering how it works with other cost-modifiers. I thought it would go down to the hard power minimum of 3. It's possible that this is working as intended, but maybe also possible it's a bug. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? I believe there are some other powers with conditional costs (spider-gwen's cherry bomb is exactly worded this way i think) but I haven't tested them out.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    From what I've seen, the highest minimum for a given power gets applied. I've used Psylocke and Quicksilver with people who would have reduced their respective power costs below their individual minimums, but they stayed locked there.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Ok, sounds like consistent behavior then; I figured it would turn out to be working as designed but thought it might be worth posing the question. IM404 +shuri + Spider-gwen may have been the new Spider-Gwen + 0/0/5 Gambit (who was the third on that team? Miles for webs, or somebody else?) if you could get Cherry bomb going for 3ap...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ok, sounds like consistent behavior then; I figured it would turn out to be working as designed but thought it might be worth posing the question. IM404 +shuri + Spider-gwen may have been the new Spider-Gwen + 0/0/5 Gambit (who was the third on that team? Miles for webs, or somebody else?) if you could get Cherry bomb going for 3ap...
    IIRC it was Thing, so you had stuns on both red and purple. I didn't have the characters to run it at the time, tho, so I may be mis-remembering.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yup, that was it. I’d almost forgotten.

/shudder
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi everybody. I received confirmation from the team that this is an intended functionality, and powers will not be reduced beyond their specified minimum costs by Shuri's (Master Engineer) Vibranium Tech (Blue) power. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Ok cool, thanks for checking on it