Legendary Token PDF Generator Tools

HadronicHadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2018 in Theories and Statistics
Alright, so I have posted this a few times, but its time to make a formal announcement since it has now been used by a few dozen people and I was able to flush out the remaining bugs. If you see anything odd that I missed let me know, and I will kill it.

Anyways I have 2 tools for people to use which are web versions of my token pulling simulation. The local version of my code is ran in Root and is blazing fast. So whenever I post numbers on the forums, they typically come from this local version and I use in the order of 10 million statistics.

The web versions, hosted by google, are no where near as fast and will timeout if the stats are to high. For this reason I had to limit the amount of stats to 100,000 and even then they will take like 5 minutes to execute with stats that high. I recommend stats around 5000 to get ballpark numbers. The higher the stats, the more accurate the results and the longer you wait.

These tools run a Monte Carlo simulation, meaning they actually simulate and open Legendary Tokens and build characters just like a player would. The difference is they have unlimited tokens and can repeat the process thousands of times. After each successful completion, the stats are logged into a histogram and the simulation is rerun. After enough runs, the histograms will approximate the true probability distribution functions (PDF).

There are 2 tools

Single Character Tool (Useful for Everyone)
https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbxN_tv6BD3fVwM3WrYjqnSmmz2k3Aky1ZV-ZXwVKnfLyR9m1Wps/exec

This tool is for estimating pulls for single characters. They can be 4* or 5*, and they also account for token dilution. 
Latest 5* : Select 5* and set dilution to 3
Classic 5* : Select 5* and set dilution to 22 (22 is character dilution at time of this post, increase as needed)
4* : Select 4* and set dilution to 65 (65 is character dilution at time of this post, increase as needed)
Bonus Hero can be toggled on/off
Allows variable exchange rate.
Allows variable storage size.

Three Character Tool (For the Hoarders)
https://script.google.com/macros/s/AKfycbxk4Cr2qX7xn19id5-UTrQ26cQnNTlFde9Xu0KpD5fNuWjhTe0/exec

This tool is specific to Latest Legendary 5*. This generates the PDFs for finishing all 3 Latests at a time. 
Allows variable exchange rate.
Allows variable storage size.
Bonus Heroes can be toggled on/off 
Once the selected bonus character is finished the tool will automatically select the remaining character with the least amount of covers to become the new Bonus Hero.

Comments

• bundles87bundles87 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Hey, I was playing around with your tools, the second link isn't working
  • HadronicHadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    bundles87 said:
    Hey, I was playing around with your tools, the second link isn't working
    I forgot to update the permissions for other users. Should work now.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • theomentheomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    That's amazing thanks!
  • theomentheomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Could you please explain the exchange options?
  • HadronicHadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    There are 3 exchange options.
    • Only exchange when forced to ,meaning you hit the maximum storage limit and pull an additional cover. 
    • Exchange at earliest opportunity, meaning exchange when you have the required number of saved covers to do the exchange
    • never exchange
  • MissoesRicRoseMissoesRicRose Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Here for me, it is almost impossible to come a character 5 *