Crash when 2* cover awards 3* cover

Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

I have a level 266 3* Magneto, and a level 140 2/5/4 duplicate.  No saved covers.

I have a level 144 2* Magneto, and a level 126 duplicate.

I got a 2* Magneto cover, clicked Add Level.  Level 127, next reward, yellow 3* Magneto cover.  Boom.

"Puzzle Quest has stopped.  Close app.  Send feedback"

Reopening the game, my 2* is still 126, and the cover is still in rewards.

This has happened on both my Samsung S8+ and Nexus 9.  I gave up and sold that cover.  Then I got another cover, and thought, why not try again?  Same problem.

I've applied other covers successfully.

:edit: It happened with 2* Daken too, but other covers (that don't award covers in the next tier) are fine.  So far.  (Daken would have given a 3* Daken cover.)  So I've edited the title.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hm. I haven't had that issue; I got a Ragnarok cover from Ares just this morning, and a Hawkguy cover from Hawkeye the other day.

I don't have any duplicates of 2* characters, though, nor 3* duplicates of Ragnarok or Hawkguy.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Moon Roach Have you tried doing it after you use the Clear Cache function under the app settings? (Cache, not Data)
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I'm travelling.
    It worked, and I did nothing special, just airplane mode off and on.
    I wouldn't say that the problem is solved, but it's no longer manifesting.
    @Bowgentle, thanks for the link, I don't know how I missed that.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I had the same problem last week, strangely, coincidentally, it was also with 2* Mags and a 3* Mags as champion reward. The problem went away on its own after a few hours but it repeatedly crashed the game 3 times. The first two times I tried using the cover off the vine, the third time I went to 2* Mags character screen to train him from there, and it still crashed.

A month or so ago I had the same problem with 2* Storm. For most of the day the game would not let me get my 3* Storm champion reward, then it fixed itself. I never cleared the cache as @Brigby suggested.

I play on a Galaxy S8+ and a Galaxy Tab S2.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. The team is investigating this issue, however we received a workaround tip from our CS team recently.

If you are experiencing a consistent crash when attempting to level up a specific character, try leveling up another character, and then returning to that specific character. It should no longer crash at that point.