Update to Jubilee (Classic)'s Champion Rewards (6/19/18)

Options

Comments

• Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Jubilee to Phoenix

Makes perfect sense
    Player1575 said:
    Leave it to d3 to give us a feeder with absolutely no connection to the character it feeds, even though there were multiple better options to choose from.

They're both X-Men.

Also, there is a neighborhood named Jubilee in Phoenix, Arizona.

Both their names start with J if we’re grasping at straws as to why Jubilee was chosen over the better options already pointed out.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm always amazed by how, no matter the news, people will find a reason as to why it's wrong and bad.
    It was a given that eventually there would be another feeder so the announcement in itself means nothing.  This one came later than the previous schedule would indicate and it was inexplicably for a character that the average player will have at lower levels than the more logical options.  There’s literally nothing positive about this relative to reasonable expectations.
    They always announce updates like this, and it gives people some time to make decisions with their roster. How else should they have done it, just made the change and not said anything?

Unless you've been playing for a while, and if you've just started playing this past year or so, it's more likely that you have a higher-leveled Jubilee than a 4* Jean Grey or Professor X, as she had the benefit of being in Latest and got that boost, whereas the other two never did and have been buried in Classics. I'm an older player myself who would have benefited from 4* Jean Grey or Professor X being the feeder, and I personally don't have Jubilee champed, but at the end of the day it's just a cover or two for another mediocre 5* I only have at a couple of covers anyway — I'm not going to notice the difference.

Positive notes:

-It's another 5* feeder. 
    -They were behind schedule on announcing feeders, this marks a return to that process (which some people were concerned was halted indefinitely.)
    -People with Jubilee at lvl. 280 or higher are happy, some of which are in this thread.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Calling it now that the next feeder is either 4* BW to 5* BW or Infinity War Spidey to Black Suit Spidey since they're newer and removing vaulting means you aren't likely to have many levels on them, if you even have them champed. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The devs are going to get flamed regardless of who they choose as feeders. Amazing! 
    Pretty much, yeah.
    ”I haven’t been in the game long, so my Teen Jean is only 1/0/1. Making her a feeder doesn’t help me!”
    ”But why isn’t Jean Grey 4 feeding Jean Grey 5? There’s no logic!”
    ”My Phoenix is 5/4/4 lv 255, and my Jubilee is 280+. You’re forcing me to Champ or waste covers!”
    ”Have Rogue feed Gambit!”

Any style of flame I’m missing from the selection? Reading the instant hate from the Saved Covers thread is even better since they’re improving ratio to 3:1 for 5*s. Internet community so privileged. Personally, I lean to the “logical feeders” camp, but can look forward to building Spaklefingers up since my Phoenix is Champed already. And with Surfer Champed last week, my original trio is complete. But who’s best to feed him? Like, really, who? There’s certainly no logical choice for him.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am seriously curious why Jubilee was chosen over Teen Jean, who at least on the surface would seem to make sense.  I'm not complaining!  True, I'd get a one free Phoenix cover if it'd been Jean instead of Jubilee, but whatever, it's just one cover, and my enjoyment of the game hinges on a little more than that.  But it does seem like a peculiar choice.

• jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If only there was a 4* version of Jean, old enough so players have her at a high level and could actually take advantage of this updade...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I know somebody has this info, but we we have a list of all the 4* and when they were released?  I am curious on how many older 4* are feeders compared to newer 4*.  I know XFW is a feeder for OML, but the other older ones, IW/Fury/HB/Teen Jean/Cyc/Thora are not feeders yet. After playing for this long I cannot remember the order of who got released when.  

It is a clear sign of pushing new chars even if they don’t make sense in the way some of us would think about it in the comic books or MCU.  
    The original 3, Black Panther, Jubilee, and I think Sandman were all in the latest Twelve when they became feeders. Kingpin, Kate Bishop, Peggy Carter, Drax, and XFW were not.

EDIT: Though it is worth mentioning that Drax, Peggy, and Kate are about 2 years old so they aren't in the latest half of 4*s by very much.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My 4* Jean is very well championed, my Jubilee has 7 or 8 covers, I know which I would have preferred.  Others are in the contra position and this benefits them more than me.  So be it (but may they all be infested with the fleas of a thousand camels).  I'm sure that in general it balances out.  Probably.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isay_Isay said:
    zodiac339 said:
     And with Surfer Champed last week, my original trio is complete. But who’s best to feed him? Like, really, who? There’s certainly no logical choice for him.
    Literally any of the Fantastic Four 4*
    Or Nova. Yes, it's a different Nova than this one that would be rather appropriate, but this Nova is a space character too.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    I'd love to know the logic behind how feeders get chosen.  I'm sure at least one person on the dev team knows Phoenix has a more well known relationship with Cyclops and Prof X, than Jubilee, so there has to be another reason, unless they're trolling.  I'm not flaming - I'm actually really just curious
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can only guess they intentionally chose Jubilee over Teen Jean because people didn't have her at high champ levels. 

And I guess to make people chase Jubilee champ levels?  That might make sense if they hadn't messed up the latest legend rotation.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jubilee would have been better for Gambit than Phoenix. Both do “charged tile things”. Both have powers that are more about boom-boom. Both have long jackets.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    2nd oldest 5 fed by 3rd newest 4. May as well launch them immediately as a feeder. Especially when new 4s just got significantly harder to cover fast.

And why isn't JG feeding Phx, like BP feeds BP? 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Jubilee would have been better for Gambit than Phoenix. Both do “charged tile things”. Both have powers that are more about boom-boom. Both have long jackets.
    They actually did have a bit of a connection in the '92 FOX animated series, almost like a big brother/ little sister type relationship. Gambit looked out for her and nicknamed her Petite.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thought they might have gone with 4* cage for Jessica jones as his new series is out this week
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* jean 284 4* prof x 283 jubilee 6 covers unchamped for me 😒
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would like to encourage the devs to come on here and explain the connection between Jubilee and Phoenix. At this point its becoming clear that their intention is probably to give all new 4*s a feeder moving forward as they know that, with the reduction of odds on new 4*s, its likely to be between 6-12 months before they need to start worrying about players receiving free 5*s from those characters. This isn't even a complaint because Jubilee is new. Had Teen Jean been new I'd have completely understood the decision to make her a feeder and it makes sense as the characters are connected. What they are doing though is making no connection between any characters and literally picking the newest ones that players will have no chance of receiving the rewards from anytime soon. 

This is the first month since VIP was introduced that I haven't renewed it. I have decided that I dont want to back this game with that sort of money anymore as it just feels like the devs go out of their way, to make our lives playing this game, as difficult as possible.