Thran Temporal Gateway -- Works Sometimes [Fixed in 2.8.1]

bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2018 in MtGPQ Bugs & Technical Issues
Sometimes Thran Temporal Gateway fills my first Historic card on the turn after it's cast. 

Sometimes it waits until the second turn after it's cast. 

And sometimes it waits until the third. 

Hmmmm??

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2018
    I have not suffered that buggy behavior and I use it a lot.

Have you realized if you had artifacts or sagas (the legendaries are easy to recognize) before the historic card?

After the Dominaria release I have realized that I have many artifact cards that I never knew they were.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Well, they added the artifact subtype to quite a few cards, that's probably why you didn't notice before. They added some other previously unrepresented typing from paper too, like aura and equipment.
  • bk1234
    rafalele said:

Have you realized if you had artifacts or sagas (the legendaries are easy to recognize) before the historic card?

After the Dominaria release I have realized that I have many artifact cards that I never knew they were.
    It’s usually on artifact spells. It never fills Karns Temporal Summoning for instance. Others it only fills sometimes. 
  • rafalele
    edited June 2018
    bken1234 said:
    rafalele said:

It’s usually on artifact spells. It never fills Karns Temporal Summoning for instance. Others it only fills sometimes. 

You are right bken1234, it does not work with spells. I have tried with 2 legendary spells and it has not filled any of them in any situation. Being the first, the second, with a legendary creature in the battlefield, without any creature... They never get filled. Even with a historic card after them that card was filled and the spells before it not.

https://mtgpq.info/cards/JayasImmolatingInferno]Jaya's%20Immolating%20Inferno

https://mtgpq.info/cards/PrimevalsGloriousRebirth]Primevals'%20Glorious%20Rebirth

It works for me with creatures and supports.
  • DBJones
    Does it fill the artifact spells? Admittedly, none of them really seem worth it, but if it does this is yet another way the legendary spells just don't register as legendary (I don't think anyone's found a case where they do count yet). Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
  • bk1234
    DBJones said:
    Does it fill the artifact spells? Admittedly, none of them really seem worth it, but if it does this is yet another way the legendary spells just don't register as legendary (I don't think anyone's found a case where they do count yet). Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
    It does not. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    my experience is it fills your first historic card. if your first
    historic card is already filled then it does nothing for that
    turn.

HH
  • rafalele
    hawkyh1 said:
    my experience is it fills your first historic card. if your first
    historic card is already filled then it does nothing for thatt
    turn.

HH
    Try with historic spells it does not work  at all
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    historic spells are bugged as mine doesn't work with
    raff either.

HH
  • rafalele
    edited June 2018
    Yes, the bug is that historic spells are not consider as historic cards by the game.
  • DBJones
    Strange, the Weatherlight will fetch Alchemist's Vial. In AWR 2.3 at least, I don't own the card to test it more thoroughly.
  • rafalele
    edited June 2018
    DBJones said:
    Strange, the Weatherlight will fetch Alchemist's Vial. In AWR 2.3 at least, I don't own the card to test it more thoroughly.
    Alchemist's Vial is an artifact spell, so perhaps the bug is with the legendary spells not being consider historic.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I believe that is the case.  I play with historic supports and creatures and it never fails to fill the first one.
  • Hachima
    Hachima Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    The behavior matches the real card it is based on which specifies it lets you put a permanent into play.  The mtgpq version should say non spell historic to match the intention to mimic the actual card behavior.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:
    rafalele said:

The legendary spells are all bugged like that. Anything that interacting with historic cards (Jhoira, Raff, TTG) doesn't do so with those cards.
  • rafalele
    Do, @Oktagon_Daiane, @Brigby can anyone review the historic spells?
  • __Adam
    __Adam Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2018
    Just pulled this today. Nice to see that well over a month later it's still broken.  Jaya is so glitchy she's unplayable.  Poor coding, poor communication and poor management don't feel good.