MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Smart80 said:
    granne said:
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Chavez PvP? Neat, but it looks like Valkyrie is up after that so we will have a full week of fourstar PvPs to round out the season. Not that I mind in any way.
    May i ask why you think Valkyrie would be up next and not for instance angel?
    Because the 4*s are still following their alphabetical rotation when they're rewards only. Valkyrie is out of order.
    Ah ok, thanks. 

But I was mostly wondering why there would not be a 3* in between.

We're in uncharted Waters now... nothing says they won't run consecutive fourstar PvPs. Besides, if it is a Pride theme there aren't that many threestars left they could use - Mystique maybe, but I can't see many others.

You'd think they'd announce something like Pride Month officially.
    Not THESE devs, though.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, thats why i hope to get some charts....
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have an question:  if they are celebrating Pride Month - which seems to be the case - why not say that?  Own it.  Take, um, pride in shaking up the stale 3* pvp rotation in honor of something important.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Marvel had an article last year about Pride month at the end of June. So, we might see them talking about it end of June.

https://news.marvel.com/comics/67931/mark-end-pride-month-marvel/
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    It’s possible they haven’t announced anything about Pride month in case it offends some people/some country somewhere who don’t tolerate LGBTQ.
    That kinda flys in the face of the whole point of pride... 

I agree with many others that say it's nice that they are featuring LGBTQ characters for pride, but disappointing that they aren't being more vocal about it.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone remember how to gauge what color cover they are going to offer for the 4-star progression in the next event? Hoping for a green Jubilee so I can finally champ her. Not anticipating T10 Honor Among Thieves since you can literally just plow through every node in this event with your goon squad, minus the 5E with Nova on the last day. 

In any case I used to have a little technique, I think it was the color that was given to T5 in CL7, but it's been too long since it's mattered for me. I feel like I'd definitely remember if it was the same as the alliance cover. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Anyone remember how to gauge what color cover they are going to offer for the 4-star progression in the next event? Hoping for a green Jubilee so I can finally champ her. Not anticipating T10 Honor Among Thieves since you can literally just plow through every node in this event with your goon squad, minus the 5E with Nova on the last day. 

In any case I used to have a little technique, I think it was the color that was given to T5 in CL7, but it's been too long since it's mattered for me. I feel like I'd definitely remember if it was the same as the alliance cover. 
    **I just looked at SCL 7, and it's the same as the 2-5 placement reward.  Not sure if that's every event, but the color ties in with the progression method below**

I asked the same thing last time when I needed a Val cover.  You're in luck, it should be green.  When you look at the placement awards for the current event (from Brigby's sneak peek, ie this thread), it should be the middle cover.

Placement Rewards: 
    4-Star: Jubilee - Yellow, Green, Purple

I'm not 100% sure if this applies to boss battles, but from prior runs of "normal" pve, the middle color pattern seems to hold.  

Just like PVP order; past results do not mean future results.  :#
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @brigby, shouldn't next Crash be Kraven, not Miles like it shows in game? Does this mean he's getting skipped to next cycle?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @brigby, shouldn't next Crash be Kraven, not Miles like it shows in game? Does this mean he's getting skipped to next cycle?
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If he had been featured enough.  Since he likely hasn't (I don't track that) then yeah you won't see him till next time.  Expect his crash to be at least 2020 unless something changes.  Current cycle is nearing it's end and took 1 year 9 months, with the added characters it should be at least 1 year 11 months from now, plus any new releases that don't wait till cycle 3.  Aren't these long cycles grand?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Crash cycle is 5 days. We have 65 4’s in the tokens right now, which is 325 days, if they ran them all (they didn’t, since we are skipping a couple).  However, sometimes we get odd crashes like the fan favorites that ran sometime last year.  I’m thinking that the 1 year and 9 month span is actually 2 cycles.  Anyway, we need to get to 73 4’s before it’s a full year cycle to run them all.  2 down, 6 to go.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    broll said:
    If he had been featured enough.  Since he likely hasn't (I don't track that) then yeah you won't see him till next time.  Expect his crash to be at least 2020 unless something changes.  Current cycle is nearing it's end and took 1 year 9 months, with the added characters it should be at least 1 year 11 months from now, plus any new releases that don't wait till cycle 3.  Aren't these long cycles grand?

We were told many moons ago, it takes a four star to be featured as a reward in PVE twice before they could be elligible for Crash. Kraven was a PVE reward in January and March.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/18/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Wow, 3 4* PVP in a row... small sample size, but really???
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's hard when fighting jacked up 4s is so much more of a pain than 3-stars at Lv. 412. Having your own champed C4ge or Peggy doesn't necessarily make fighting them any less annoying. Having a champed Cloak & Dagger doesn't make it less annoying to fight a healing factor on crack, or having a champed IceMan doesn't help the feeling of dread knowing you're about to lose an important teammate for 4 turns because you couldn't deny the other team 2 blue matches. 

They are nice when they done for a little variety here and there, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of it regularly. It's not like we get MORE 4-star covers for them, just different ones. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm trying to be optimistic, but it's hard when fighting jacked up 4s is so much more of a pain than 3-stars at Lv. 412. Having your own champed C4ge or Peggy doesn't necessarily make fighting them any less annoying. Having a champed Cloak & Dagger doesn't make it less annoying to fight a healing factor on crack, or having a champed IceMan doesn't help the feeling of dread knowing you're about to lose an important teammate for 4 turns because you couldn't deny the other team 2 blue matches. 

They are nice when they done for a little variety here and there, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of it regularly. It's not like we get MORE 4-star covers for them, just different ones. 

From Brigby in the 4*odds thread:

This Wednesday (6/6), we will be adjusting odds for all packs that have a chance at giving out a 4-Star character, and adding 4-Star characters into 4-Star Versus Tournament Comic Stores. With the addition of these changes, we will also be on the lookout for opportunities to run 4-Star Versus Tournaments more frequently.

I guess their definition of "more frequently" differs from ours... Ugh... I'm trying to be optimistic, thinking at worst it'd be 3, 4, 3, 4, etc.  

More 4* is like upping the scl of the event, so if D3 is doing it more often, shouldn't the prize tables be upgraded due to the extra challenge vs 3*pvp?

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It does vary. Some of them are more frustrating than others. The C&D and Iceman events were serious slogs, but I'm looking forward to America and Valkyrie's because they are much more offense over defense characters, so matches shouldn't bog down nearly as much.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options

It does vary. Some of them are more frustrating than others. The C&D and Iceman events were serious slogs, but I'm looking forward to America and Valkyrie's because they are much more offense over defense characters, so matches shouldn't bog down nearly as much.
    Not looking forward to seeing Gambit every single match... This coming from 4* ville...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Not looking forward to seeing Gambit every single match... This coming from 4* ville...
    Ugh, yeah, that is true. At least this is a good boost week for my roster.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. While this is technically anecdotal on my end, I would surmise that these Versus Tournaments are still themed around Pride Month, and it's just coincidental that some of Marvel's most notable LGBTQ characters are 4-Star characters in MPQ. 

Looking ahead at the events calendar, I believe Mystique is the next featured character, which brings us back to 3-Stars.