MPQ Sneak Peek: June 2018 Edition *Updated (6/27/18)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • McThunderpants
    McThunderpants Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Are the buffed characters for Age of Apocalypse the same at the weekly buffed characters? Or are the featured characters or category characters buffed? 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious as to when we're getting the "More Details To Come!" for the boss event that starts in ~17 hours.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are the buffed characters for Age of Apocalypse the same at the weekly buffed characters? Or are the featured characters or category characters buffed? 
    It's generally a separate list of buffed characters.  There may be some overlap, but that would be by chance.

If they're lazy, it might even be the same boost list as the last time they ran the event:

• bluewolf
    Options
    The buff list for the Xmen V Apocalypse event is basically this:

Featured Characters
    4-Star: Wasp
    3-Star: Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius)
    2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW!)

Character Categories: Beast, Wolverine, Deadpool, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Scarlet Witch

The weekly buff list is different but there is some overlap.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm curious as to when we're getting the "More Details To Come!" for the boss event that starts in ~17 hours.
    When the in game preview pops up probably 😏
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Surprise surprise, preview is up before its on the forum.....
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Funnily enough, no 5* Widow in the boost list.
    So much for predictability.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Smart80 said:
    Funnily enough, no 5* Widow in the boost list.
    So much for predictability.
    Not sure what you mean. Bosses skip the normal pattern (have for six months now), she'll be boosted/essential next event.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby @IceIX @LakeStone not that it matters since the event is already up, but boss event details were never updated. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(6/14/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and added announcement of Wiccan
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chavez PvP? Neat, but it looks like Valkyrie is up after that so we will have a full week of fourstar PvPs to round out the season. Not that I mind in any way.
  • Smart80
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Chavez PvP? Neat, but it looks like Valkyrie is up after that so we will have a full week of fourstar PvPs to round out the season. Not that I mind in any way.
    May i ask why you think Valkyrie would be up next and not for instance angel?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Because the 4*s are still following their alphabetical rotation when they're rewards only. Valkyrie is out of order.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Valk also falls under the Pride month theme, as she is apparently lesbian.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Looking forward to this PvP!  
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Valk also falls under the Pride month theme, as she is apparently lesbian.
    Valkyrie is bi, I think, America Chavez is a lesbian. They both fit Pride month.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    Looking forward to this PvP!  
    It's going to be a bloodbath lol
  • Smart80
    Options
    granne said:
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Because the 4*s are still following their alphabetical rotation when they're rewards only. Valkyrie is out of order.
    Ah ok, thanks. 

But I was mostly wondering why there would not be a 3* in between.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smart80 said:
    granne said:
    Smart80 said:
    Quebbster said:
    Ah ok, thanks. 

But I was mostly wondering why there would not be a 3* in between.

We're in uncharted Waters now... nothing says they won't run consecutive fourstar PvPs. Besides, if it is a Pride theme there aren't that many threestars left they could use - Mystique maybe, but I can't see many others.